XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

Why is my Eevee not evolving? I have all 5 hearts filled and trying to evolve for Umbreon but the Pokemon will not evolve. It is 9:32 PM PST XD. Should I wait 30 more minutes and try again at about 10 PM PST? Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Why is my Eevee not evolving? I have all 5 hearts filled and trying to evolve for Umbreon but the Pokemon will not evolve. It is 9:32 PM PST XD. Should I wait 30 more minutes and try again at about 10 PM PST? Thanks XD.:)

Hearts in amie and friendship are not the same. to evolve into Umbreon, Eevee must have high friendship.
Strange to me that it isn't evolving into Sylveon though (unless it needs a Fairy move).

Yeah it needs a fairy type move Wish I could tell you where to check but I will get flagged if I do. How do I know when it will be friendly enough?:)

Eevee needs two hearts and a Fairy-type move to evolve into Sylveon. By clicking on Eevee in the Amie screen, then click "Switch" instead of "Play" you can see the hearts.

Best way to get an Eevee with a fairy-type move is to go into the yellow flowers on Route 10 and catch a level 19 Eevee. Even if it's level 20, it wont work, as it will no longer know Charm.

Chocolate Death said:
Best way to get an Eevee with a fairy-type move is to go into the yellow flowers on Route 10 and catch a level 19 Eevee. Even if it's level 20, it wont work, as it will no longer know Charm.

Note that you can always re-teach either Charm or Baby-doll Eyes via Heart Scale once you have access to Dendemille Town.

[split] Shiny Pokémon Less Rare in X / Y

I've been trying mazuda method and still nothing, I don't know if I'm trying the right way,

I have my game in french, but it's from the USA, and my friend has the game in spanish, same from the USA
so I have my ralts in french and a ralts in spanish ... should it work the method? o_O

xxashxx said:
Yeah it needs a fairy type move Wish I could tell you where to check but I will get flagged if I do. How do I know when it will be friendly enough?:)

You'll know when it evolves, obviously. :3

Friendship is no different in this generation than the others. Just walk around with it and battle and stuff.

Anyone know of moves that hit 2 enemies? I just lost a shiny Geodude in a horde battle because I couldn't get rid of the rest of the horde quick enough. First shiny I've found in game via legitimate methods (excluding big red) since FR/LG came out. =.=;

Moves either hit one enemy or all. They don't hit 2. Some common attacks that hit multiple Pokemon in game are Struggle Bug, Earthquake, and Surf.

Axell Starr said:
Anyone know of moves that hit 2 enemies? I just lost a shiny Geodude in a horde battle because I couldn't get rid of the rest of the horde quick enough. First shiny I've found in game via legitimate methods (excluding big red) since FR/LG came out. =.=;

Always keep a pokemon with you with False Swipe and at least two with at least two attacks that can hit 1 target at a time.

Chocolate Death said:
Axell Starr said:

Always keep a pokemon with you with False Swipe and at least two with at least two attacks that can hit 1 target at a time.

I think the idea is the Geodude Self-Destructed. Which is unfortunate, It's not perfect, but kamikaze can be mitigated using the sleep, frozen or paralysis status, and the attracted and confused conditions.

Atadiusti said:
Chocolate Death said:

I think the idea is the Geodude Self-Destructed. Which is unfortunate, It's not perfect, but kamikaze can be mitigated using the sleep, frozen or paralysis status, and the attracted and confused conditions.

no. it was Magnitude spam.

Definitely got the move wrong, but friendly-fire moves definitely falls under the principle of kamikaze.

If you want to be completely safe about the Magnitude thing keep someone with telekinesis in the front if there is a chance of a Geodude horde. Or you could carry around an Imprison+Magnitude Smeargle. Obviously these are very circumstantial and will hardly get used.

Ok, so I need a team for my 3rd playthrough of Y, I need help to decide what pokemon should I use.
diggersby (Not sure since golurk is a ground type, need help with this one)
pangoro (Definite keeper, been wanting to use him since I saw him)
vivillon (been wanting to use this pretty butterfly but I might use something else because he is kinda pointless other than filling in my must have flying type)
azumarill (when I saw how good this thing was on shofu's video's, I realised that I have to use one)
goodra (same as azumarill)
golurk (keeper, never really used him and he is my flyer)

I might switch out diggersby for a pyroar or another fire type, not sure about vivillon, maybe ill replace it with something that can mega evolve (Aggron, pinsir or alakazam), give me your thoughts on this

Atadiusti said:
Chocolate Death said:

What happened was that one of the Geo's in the horde battle used Earthquake, 2 turns later another uses Magnitude and lands a mag 8.

Trainerhan1 said:
If you want to be completely safe about the Magnitude thing keep someone with telekinesis in the front if there is a chance of a Geodude horde. Or you could carry around an Imprison+Magnitude Smeargle. Obviously these are very circumstantial and will hardly get used.

...You are my hero.

Spartansn1p3r said:
Ok, so I need a team for my 3rd playthrough of Y, I need help to decide what pokemon should I use.
diggersby (Not sure since golurk is a ground type, need help with this one)
pangoro (Definite keeper, been wanting to use him since I saw him)
vivillon (been wanting to use this pretty butterfly but I might use something else because he is kinda pointless other than filling in my must have flying type)
azumarill (when I saw how good this thing was on shofu's video's, I realised that I have to use one)
goodra (same as azumarill)
golurk (keeper, never really used him and he is my flyer)

I might switch out diggersby for a pyroar or another fire type, not sure about vivillon, maybe ill replace it with something that can mega evolve (Aggron, pinsir or alakazam), give me your thoughts on this

Keep the Vivillon. It will help when fighting Malva. A lot.
Azumarill is pretty good, but I personally wouldn't use it just because of my history with it.
Golurk, in my opinion, would be great to have on the team. As a golett. it could easily flatten Clemont's team and withstand the cunning punches of Korrina's attacks. I'd say that's one you should get.
Goodra I only seem to like when it has Gooey, but that's just me.
As for Diggersby, it's the new Bibarel. Pangoro is something you've already had, so try to go with a new pokemon so it's more adventurous, despite you having already beat it.

Guys It needs all 5 hearts to evolve otherwise you will get Espeon/Umbreon XD. I tried it.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back