XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

I don't know if this has already been asked, but is it possible to get more items in game like the metal coat or kings rock??

TheRoyalXerneas said:
I don't know if this has already been asked, but is it possible to get more items in game like the metal coat or kings rock??

Sometimes a Magnemite has a Metal Coat

You can also wipe EV's by using the punching bag that clears them. It is the light grey one I think XD.:)

Quick question. Say somebody gave me a Scatterbug from a different region from where I'm from. If I evolve it all the way to Vivillon, will it adapt my region patterns, or keep where it came from.

It'll keep the patterns of wherever the Scatterbug is from.

Where can I find a Togepi? Friend Safari, or is it a gift?

The Friend Safari thread lists Togepi as available in certain Friend Safaris. As far as I am aware, this is the only known way to get Togepi in XY so far.

TheRoyalXerneas said:

Metal coat- Bronzong, Magneton.
King's rock- Hawlucha, Poliwhirl.

Some of the items are also available for purchase using Battle Points.

Specifically, the evolution items one can buy with BP are:
Whipped Dream
Sachet
Electirizer
Magmarizer
Reaper Cloth
Up-Grade
Dubious Disc
The above cost 32 BP. For 48 BP, you can also buy Razor Claw/Fang.

Ice Jackal said:
Specifically, the evolution items one can buy with BP are:
Whipped Dream
Sachet
Electirizer
Magmarizer
Reaper Cloth
Up-Grade
Dubious Disc
The above cost 32 BP. For 48 BP, you can also buy Razor Claw/Fang.

Protector also.

Question! Does the amount of BP eventually rise to something like 2 BP or 3 BP per battle?

Momaster12 said:
Question! Does the amount of BP eventually rise to something like 2 BP or 3 BP per battle?

Answer! It does. I'm 99% sure it raises after every 11th battle. For example, at battle 33 you'd be making 3 BP per battle until 44 battles

Momaster12 said:

Battles 1-10 are 1 BP, 11-19 are 2 BP as is 20 unless you face a Chatelaine on your 20th battle, since they give 20 BP. I haven't done the unlimited battle modes yet.

RE: Masuda method

ustinodj said:
Is it just me or does the masuda method almost seem to KNOW if you have hatched a shiny before? I hatched a shiny charmander 50 eggs in, then proceeded to hatch shiny marill, except after about 1700 eggs in I have not hatched a single shiny marill. Bad luck or do you think It knows that you are trying and purposefully does not give you a shiny?

I doubt that. I found a shiny quite a while before I tried Masuda Method and it took me 506 eggs. I imagine it's bad luck.

In unlimited it is the following:
1-10: 2
11-20: 3
21-30: 4
31-40: 5
41-49: 6
50 (against the Battle Chatelaine): 50
51-60: 7

That's as far as I am.

Reggie McGigas said:
Momaster12 said:

Answer! It does. I'm 99% sure it raises after every 11th battle. For example, at battle 33 you'd be making 3 BP per battle until 44 battles

You can also earn big chunks of BP at the Battle Institute.

Hey guys. I really want to get a Rotom in my team in Y. So what I read is that you can only get it on Tuesdays in the Lost Hotel. Does the 3DS recognize when you mess with the internal clock or is it completely fine with that? ;P

Also, where can you switch Rotom's form?

Pineapple X said:
Hey guys. I really want to get a Rotom in my team in Y. So what I read is that you can only get it on Tuesdays in the Lost Hotel. Does the 3DS recognize when you mess with the internal clock or is it completely fine with that? ;P

Also, where can you switch Rotom's form?

Time travel does not work with time and day based events. Never has. Not even on the original DS.

So, on the theme of Battle Maison questions, are the only battle music options Music 1 (normal trainer music), Music 2 (wild Pokemon), Music 3 (rival battle), and Music 4 (Gym Leader)? Or are more tracks given as you progress? I would personally like to be able to change the music to the Lysandre battle theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back