Pokemon Pokémon That Look Better Than Their Evolved Forms

RE: Pokemon that look better than thier evolved forms

Thetwiggy13 said:
I also like Snorunt over Glalie, but not over Froslass. Snivy is so much better than Servine in my opinion. It goes from sassy to nothing. For some reason, I like Corphish over Crawdaunt too.

Sky Pillar said:
I agree that magmar looks better than magmortar.

I completely agree. Although I like Magby more than both of them. Magby looks cool, while the others have duck faces (though Magby still does to a lesser extent). Are they based on ducks vaguely? I think so..

I think the Magby line are based off of a Karura

Thinking back, I always loved the original Porygon. I don't hate but rather dislike 2 & Z

jdivinity said:
Thinking back, I always loved the original Porygon. I don't hate but rather dislike 2 & Z

I have always preferred Porygon2 to Porygon and Porygon-Z. I think it's because:

1. Porygon2 is from the Johto Region
2. Porygon2 has a sleeker design that Porygon, and Porygon-Z is overrated
3. Porygon2 is the beastiest beast that ever beasted when used properly

I like Rhydon a lot more than Rhyperior. Electabuzz over Electivire, Magmar over Magmortar (It looks like a robot kind of), Charmeleon over Charizard, Dragonair over Dragonite (To be a final dragon, it's face looks a bit... innocent).

Wartortle over Blastoise, but i love Blas, too. Magikarp over Gyarados (ok, joking), Polowhirl over Politoed. Vigoroth over Slaking, Piloswine over mamoswine (It looks childish), Slowpoke over Slowking.

Those are all i can think of, right now.

Magikarp (sometimes simple is best) Luxray>Shinx>Luxio luxio looks weird to me. Hoppip over both its evos. Mudkip>Swampert>Marshtomp marshtomp looks weird as a bipedal. The elemental monkeys.

Duskull, Ivysaur, Tepig, Magmar, and Vigoroth all have disappointing evos. Magmortar's face and weird swirly fire designs on its torso ruin the cannon arms for me. Also Poliwrath's a joke. Good job GF, you made it a bigger Poliwhirl with angry eyes.

Delta Nite said:
Dewott, why did you have to become a doggy thing? You're supposed to be the chosen one, the Fire/Fighting Samurai. I had to pick Snivy all times I played 5th gen...
I hope the FIRE/Fighting part was an accident.
GoobieDoob said:
Croconaw always spoke to me, sort of. It actually looks coll wearing sumo-esque attire. Yeah, I'm looking at you Pignite. Ughh. Plus it looses cool anatomical features after evolving.
I don't see anything sumo-like on Croconaw. If anything, its patterns looked more like Flinstone-esque cartoony caveman fur attire.

I think we can all agree on Duskull. The heck is a Dusclops? Thing is hideous, I remember thinking Duskull looked cool as a kid, now, seeing Dusclops and Dusknoir, I can't help but think they dropped the ball there.

Definitely Grovyle IMO. I remember liking that mid-way evolution WAY better than Sceptile and all of the other starters as well in gen 3. I almost always refuse to evolve mine whenever I get a Treeko.

Thetwiggy13 said:
I also like Snorunt over Glalie, but not over Froslass. Snivy is so much better than Servine in my opinion. It goes from sassy to nothing. For some reason, I like Corphish over Crawdaunt too.

Sky Pillar said:
I agree that magmar looks better than magmortar.

I completely agree. Although I like Magby more than both of them. Magby looks cool, while the others have duck faces (though Magby still does to a lesser extent). Are they based on ducks vaguely? I think so..

Magby's Japanese name is Buby, so it's based on a Booby... somehow.

kadabra.gif
over
alakazam.gif

I prefer Kadabra over Alakazam, because it has a huge puffy tail, then it just disappears when it evolves. (Anyone notice how Kadabra looks like it's trying to wash a window with its spoon hand?)

dewott.gif
over
samurott.gif

It's been said before that GF ran out of ideas for a samurai seal line, but here is how they could of improved Samurott (It's big!):
C7691B8CBCB6ACF5C3A48623D324A4F7219F4D40

nidorino.gif
over
nidoking.gif

I like Nidorino more than Nidoking because to me Nidorino looks a bit tougher and he was one of the few Pokémon (if not the only) that had all of his Gen 1 sprites look good.

pidgeotto.gif
over
pidgeot.gif

I like Pidgeotto more than Pidgeot because Pidgeot's head feathers are too ridiculously long and IMO, they tried too hard to make him look elegant, but instead made him look like an uncooler version of Pidgeotto.

haunter.gif
over
gengar.gif

I've always liked Haunter than Gengar, because to me is the perfect Ghost type, as he's just a head and neck with dislocated hands, which i way creepier than than Gengar, because he looks like a circle with short arm, legs and long ears and past gen 2, I don't find him ghost-like enough.

swadloon.gif
over
leavanny.gif

I really don't like Leavanny, as it's too happy and girly looking and it's weird seeing Ash's male Swadloon evolve into the walking sewing-kit, Leavanny.

BTW, am I the only one who likes Grotle more than Turtwig, Simisage more than Pansage, Monferno more than Chimchar and Fraxure more than Axew?

Blob55 said:
BTW, am I the only one who likes Grotle more than Turtwig, Simisage more than Pansage, Monferno more than Chimchar and Fraxure more than Axew?

Nope. I like Grotle more than Turtwig and Torterra, Simisage is cooler/more biker looking than Pansage, dur, and Monferno just looks overall cooler than its other evolutions. Who doesn't like Fraxure more than Axew? Besides, Haxorus would've looked just as cool as Fraxure if they would've made is shorter and fatter. A little chubby ax slaying fully evolved dragon. That's what I wanted. Not... that skinny dragon thing.

Proceeded said:
How could you not like Magmortar? IT HAS FREAKING CANNONS FOR ARMS

Arm cannons can't save a bland design. :p And actually, now that you mention it, I don't like the arm cannons either. It's like they said, "hey, this guy's design is pretty lackluster...how can we make it cool to appeal to the masses? ARM CANNONS!"

Pansear vs Simisear. Simisear looks fat, lopsided, and dopey. Pansear looks badass, cute, and a very cool/streamline design.

PS. I'm not evolving my Dewott into Samurott. Ever. :p

I like Croconaw way more than Feraligator. His little chubby body and eggshell/cloth looking skin on his torso is just amazing.

Blob55 said:
Agree on Grotle>Turtwig, Simisage>Pansage, and Fraxure>Axew. I would agree on Monferno, too, but I remember not knowing that Monferno's head was facing down in its DP sprite. I thought it was pretty ugly and the red part was some sort of pig nose, not to mention the missing mouth until I saw the Sugi art. I still can't unsee that

Anyone else like pichu more than pikachu. fletchling over talonflame.

zappy800 said:
Anyone else like pichu more than pikachu. fletchling over talonflame.
Pichu or Plusle or Minun > Pikachu+Raichu

I never liked Pikachu, and I liked Raichu even less... :p
But Pichu is awesome/cute!

Edit: ALL Baby Pokemon are > than their grown up versions.

Drohn said:
I was always reluctant from evolving Buizel in Floatzel. Buizel has a better design in my opinion. Also I like Wartortle better than Blastoise (but Blastoise still looks cool).

Agree with this ^^^. Wartortle looks awesome and I feel like he's a bit underated.

SuperDuper said:
I think I actually prefer Magneton's look over Magnezone. I mean, I like Magnezone just fine, but I can't stand that little yellow antenna on top of it, and I don't like its magnet "tail".

I happen to like all 3 of them, Magneton was a beast back in Gen I (and was my favorite evolution in the game up till Gen IV came around), and Magnezone altho a lil weird with that magnet tail is by far my favorite evolution in Gen IV (next to Gallade.)

Speaking of Gallade: Kirlia is way better looking than both of it's (his/her) evolutions (altho I find Gardevoir beautiful), but Ralts blows it's evolutions out of the water with it's cute innocent look.

SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:
SuperDuper said:
I think I actually prefer Magneton's look over Magnezone. I mean, I like Magnezone just fine, but I can't stand that little yellow antenna on top of it, and I don't like its magnet "tail".

I happen to like all 3 of them, Magneton was a beast back in Gen I (and was my favorite evolution in the game up till Gen IV came around), and Magnezone altho a lil weird with that magnet tail is by far my favorite evolution in Gen IV (next to Gallade.)

Speaking of Gallade: Kirlia is way better looking than both of it's (his/her) evolutions (altho I find Gardevoir beautiful), but Ralts blows it's evolutions out of the water with it's cute innocent look.

The reason why Kirlia looks better than Gardevoir and Gallade, is because Gallade has silly long elbows that get in the way and Gardevoir looks like it doesn't have any legs in official artwork or main series games.

Slaking will forever disappoint me, Vigoroth will always be my preferred sloth monkey thing :p. Not to mention the majesticness that is Dragonair.

Back