Pokemon Pokémon That Look Better Than Their Evolved Forms

Renegade Oreo said:
Fennekin looked so good as a starter , but then came Delfox -__- , I honestly think that game freak could of done so much better with it but instead they gave a Fox.... a dress !!

I hate Braixen, as it looks too friggin' girly for a Pokémon that's male 7/8's of the time!

Snorunt over Froslass - I like Glalie, but Froslass is just ridiculously ugly.
361.gif
>
478.gif

Murkrow over Honch - Murkrow is so plain and simple, and it has such a cute personality. It's design are one of my all time favorites.
198.gif
>
430.gif

Duskull over Clops and Noir - Do I really need to explain why?
duskull.gif
>
356.gif

Bagon over Shelgon - I'd rather take the cute, derpy Bagon over the fat, angry Shelgon. Seriously, it looks like he's going to eat you alive.
371.gif
>
372.gif

Lotad over Lombre - It bothers me how this adorable little guy turns into Lombre. Lombre looks like a some bizarre combination of a plant, a monkey and a Platypus, which frightens me.
lotad.gif
>
271.gif

Teddiursa over Ursaring - I have nothing against Ursaring, but Teddiursa is so much more appealing. The shiny eyes, the cute little smile... :3
216.gif
>
217.gif

Igglybuff over Jigglypuff - He's more adorable :)
174.gif
>
039.gif

I have a lot more, but I'm really tired D:

First off, there's my obvious favorite you all know about. The more I started liking Psyduck, the less I liked Golduck. (More like... GolYUCK!)
054.gif
055.gif

Another huge one that comes to mind is Bayleef. Surprisingly, I love playing with Chikorita in the Johto games, and I adore Bayleef's design especially. Meganium is the worst design in that whole family if you ask me so it makes me sad to have Bayleef evolve.
153.gif
154.gif

And then I weirdly have the opposite of this syndrome for Dusknoir. Competitively, a lot of people think a Dusclops with Eviolite is a better pokemon than a Dusknoir with some other item. While this is true in defensive terms, I just love Dusknoir's look (and name) too much to consider using Eviolite Dusclops over it.
356.gif
477.gif

153.gif
154.gif

I think the thing with bayleef is that meganium loses the leaf for pistils; I understand why , but it still looks a bit worse than bayleef, a design I absolutely love; I guarantee that a meganium redesign that keeps the leaf would look much better.

156.gif
157.gif

Same with quilava, it looks so sleek and fast, and typhlosion, as badass as it is, is much less sleek, and too wide; typhlosion's best pictures are when it's not showed in full width, like this:
156.gif
157.gif

654.gif
655.png

Another one I love is braixen over delphox; braixen is meant to be a teenage witch (and don't even think on naming yours sabrina; I already did it), while delphox a fully fledged wizard (gandalf), but it's weirdly proportioned; I think a redesign (or a better designed mega, at the very least) is in order there.

Delphox wouldn't annoy me so much if actually had sexual dimorphism (aka 'you can tell the guys from the girls'). As it is, I will only actually use and train female Delphoxen.

I prefer Jigglypuff to Wigglytuff ... the cat ears are cuter, and it just looks more like a balloon. Iggly's red eyes creep me out, though.
I like Dewott over Samurott. The cool dual-razor-shell wielding look, the angular 'mustache'. Dewott looks really bad ... butt.
Zorua gets a slight nod over Zoroark, mostly because Zoroark's huge hair and spindly waist make it look like he could snap in half at any moment.
Lickitung over Lickylicky. I assume this one i don't have to explain.
Porygon over -2, and -2 over Z. I like the angular, sleek Porygon over the rubber duck and the ... whatever Z is.

professorlight said:
156.gif
157.gif

Same with quilava, it looks so sleek and fast, and typhlosion, as badass as it is, is much less sleek, and too wide; typhlosion's best pictures are when it's not showed in full width, like this:
156.gif
157.gif

654.gif
655.png

Another one I love is braixen over delphox; braixen is meant to be a teenage witch (and don't even think on naming yours sabrina; I already did it), while delphox a fully fledged wizard (gandalf), but it's weirdly proportioned; I think a redesign (or a better designed mega, at the very least) is in order there.

I like Typhlosion more when it's shown on all fours.

As for Braixen, I know it's supposed to be a teenage girl, but it's still male 7/8 of the time! I think Delphox looks much more like it could be either gender. This is also the reason why I hate Sylveon, as it look girly, but most will probably end up male.

I always like how Growlithe looked so simple. He could totally be your pet and he would be the most loyal of companions. Then you get Arcanine and he looks ready to bite your head off. And it's not even that I dislike the design, but Arcanine has always been shown to be way too big in my opinion. Just because a Pokemon evolved doesn't mean it has to grow. And I wish it hadn't in this case.

Hey don't be dissing my signature Pokemon. Typholsion is my buddy.

"Rawr"

"It's okay buddy," *pets* "They didn't mean anything by it. i don't think you're wide at all."

*nuzzles*

I'm going to go with a few obvious:

Spr_4h_147.png
this to this ----->
Spr_3e_148.gif
= sense made

^ that to this >
Spr_3e_149.gif
= WTF sense not made. Okay it's orange, it looks really dumb, and it's nowhere near as beautiful and sleek as Dragonair

I mean I love all Pokemon. But.....why?

And this

96px-661Fletchling.png

Now I know some people like Talonflame and don't get me wrong. But the first two are robins and the last one is a Hawk. Yeah....

I don't like Pupitar, Shellgon, Metapod, Kakuna and other "cocoons" because to me those Pokémon are like a barrier, a shell while the real monster is hiding in the inside. Though some of these can walk and jump they mostly just stay there without any emotions besides their eyes.
I do like the basic and final evolutions.

I think Wartortle looks better than Blastoise. Wartortle looks like he evolved from Squirtle and became more b.a. His tail looks like a wave from traditional Japanese artwork which is really cool. Blastoise looks like he ate all the other squirtles to become that monstrous lol. His water cannons are awesome, and Blastoise is still a great pokemon and one of my favorites, but I think Wartortle has a cooler design. :)

KamonSurge said:
96px-661Fletchling.png

Now I know some people like Talonflame and don't get me wrong. But the first two are robins and the last one is a Hawk. Yeah....

Actually, it's a falcon.

Ocho said:
I think Wartortle looks better than Blastoise. Wartortle looks like he evolved from Squirtle and became more b.a. His tail looks like a wave from traditional Japanese artwork which is really cool. Blastoise looks like he ate all the other squirtles to become that monstrous lol. His water cannons are awesome, and Blastoise is still a great pokemon and one of my favorites, but I think Wartortle has a cooler design. :)

I think Mega Blastoise looks completely stupid.

Haha I can't disagree with that one. Do you dislike Mega Blastoise single water cannon or the extra shells he grows on his shoulders? They remind of pool floaties....

Sorry I'm bad at quoting! I have to learn.

I always liked Marshtomp and Grovyle much more than Swampert and Skeptile (although not so much with Grovyle anymore). So much so when I was noob, I wouldn't let my Marshtomp evolve in my Sapphire play through. And a good number of Megas I've seen I don't like. Like why does Mega Ampharos have to hair? I don't particularly like EITHER of the Mega Charizards. Mega Charizard Y looks the same as Charizard except for the extra (and quite unflattering) details. And don't get me started on Mega Gyarados.

EDIT: Magmortar is a stupid, ugly, overgrown, flaming chicken!

Mora said:
I always liked Marshtomp and Grovyle much more than Swampert and Skeptile (although not so much with Grovyle anymore). So much so when I was newbie, I wouldn't let my Marshtomp evolve in my Sapphire play through. And a good number of Megas I've seen I don't like. Like why does Mega Ampharos have to hair? I don't particularly like EITHER of the Mega Charizards. Mega Charizard Y looks the same as Charizard except for the extra (and quite unflattering) details. And don't get me started on Mega Gyarados.

EDIT: Magmortar is a stupid, ugly, overgrown, flaming chicken!

Hahaha Mega Ampharos is hilarious! I have no idea what's going on with that supermodel hair. The card art for the Mega Charizards in the tcg is cool so I don't mind them, but the design of Y especially is a little underwhelming he could've been so epic.

RE: Pokemon that look better than thier evolved forms

SuperDuper said:
I have always liked Surskit's design more than Masquerain. Also, I think Magmar looks more appealing than Magmortar. I like Magmortar's cannon arm things, but I hate his round, egg-shaped body. Hmm, and Dragonair is better than Dragonite, too. I like Dragonair's serpentine qualities, I wish they had stuck with them for a final evolution, and then made Dragonite off of a completely different line.

And I agree about Chimchar over Monferno. I hate Monferno's big, blue unibrow.

I wish that they made a Mega evolution for Dragonite that reverted him back to a serpent like being with wings maybe

^
That's such a good idea, maybe some day we will get lucky and that will happen! You guys have to admit though, Dragonite was cool in his debut in the anime, but that's about it lol.

hawk45678 said:
SuperDuper said:
I have always liked Surskit's design more than Masquerain. Also, I think Magmar looks more appealing than Magmortar. I like Magmortar's cannon arm things, but I hate his round, egg-shaped body. Hmm, and Dragonair is better than Dragonite, too. I like Dragonair's serpentine qualities, I wish they had stuck with them for a final evolution, and then made Dragonite off of a completely different line.

And I agree about Chimchar over Monferno. I hate Monferno's big, blue unibrow.

I wish that they made a Mega evolution for Dragonite that reverted him back to a serpent like being with wings maybe

Just out of curiosity what would they call the stone? Lol
Dragonite or Dragoniteite?

I like Igglybuff and Jigglypuff more than Wigglytuff
Don't get me wrong, Wigglytuff is still rocking cool!! But I feel like it broke the pattern, I mean why is it not a sphere?
Either way all of them are adorable though lol

Ocho said:
^
That's such a good idea, maybe some day we will get lucky and that will happen! You guys have to admit though, Dragonite was cool in his debut in the anime, but that's about it lol.

Not to mention that in the first movie, Dragonite ended up being the friendly postman for Mewtwo! So much for its brightness. :rolleyes:

I've discussed Magmortar in this thread before, but I'm glad others share my sentiments. In addition, I'm not fond of either Tangrowth or Togekiss, either. I'll admit it's difficult coming up with an evolution for Tangela that looks better than Tangrowth, but there's just something about Tangrowth that doesn't appeal to me. Togekiss is go back and forth on, mostly because I don't like its rotund, shapeless design (especially the loss of the neck it had as a Togetic). But then I realize Togepi shared that round shape with no neck and it becomes slightly redeemable.

Overall, like some of you, the Gen IV evolutions are pretty hit-or-miss for me.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Just out of curiosity what would they call the stone? Lol
Dragonite or Dragoniteite?
Probably Dragonitite (Dra-GON-i-tite), as several Mega Stones don't use the full Pokémon's name before the suffix.

CMP said:
I've discussed Magmortar in this thread before, but I'm glad others share my sentiments. In addition, I'm not fond of either Tangrowth or Togekiss, either. I'll admit it's difficult coming up with an evolution for Tangela that looks better than Tangrowth, but there's just something about Tangrowth that doesn't appeal to me. Togekiss is go back and forth on, mostly because I don't like its rotund, shapeless design (especially the loss of the neck it had as a Togetic). But then I realize Togepi shared that round shape with no neck and it becomes slightly redeemable.

Overall, like some of you, the Gen IV evolutions are pretty hit-or-miss for me.
(...)

Magmortar seems like a scary obese clown with arms readying to blast us to space...I don't like clowns (I don't fear them) and even more when it's a Fire type.

Togetic...I was expecting more in the vein of a fairy with body, neck and head and instead what came out was a fat fairy plane with triangles that reminded me of Lati@s, which isn't a good thing!

Tangrowth...what bothers me is those arms, namely those fingers that make each vine have a akward shape...a ph*ll*c one. And the description that if cut, it just grows back makes it even more disturbing. Last but not least, the gender difference isn't the size of the shoes, but the fingers!! Red feet - ok, red fingers - no!

Back