XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Tighten said:
Are Pyroar and Meowstic gender differences counted? 57 if not and 59 if they take up separate spots.
I'm not sure about Meowstic, but Pyroar is definitely not. I remember seeing the Litleo shot with only one space before there was another Pokemon. I didn't realize they were counting Pyroar's female form in that other image, though, so you were correct.

@Rune Yagami:
Based on the Central/Coastal dexes that were put up on Pastebin, there were...
~28 new Central
~9 new Coastal

I can't do much more research tonight because I have plans, but I'll get this done when I can, if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Rune Yagami said:
tso said:
Changing abilities sounds cool. I'm assuming you can change between abilities already possible for said species.

What's this about changing abilities?

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1380857827890.jpg

Leaferian said:
Tighten said:
Are Pyroar and Meowstic gender differences counted? 57 if not and 59 if they take up separate spots.
I'm not sure about Meowstic, but Pyroar is definitely not. I remember seeing the Litleo shot with only one space before there was another Pokemon. I didn't realize they were counting Pyroar's female form in that other image, though, so you were correct.

@Rune Yagami:
~28 new Central
~9 new Coastal

I can't do much more research tonight because I have plans, but I'll get this done when I can, if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

So, assuming the Dex is somewhat evenly spread out, we're looking at a fair amount of Pokemon still yet to be seen.

Professer K said:
Rune Yagami said:

Well, that seems cool. I hate catching a Pokemon and it having the worst of the available abilities. Now I don't have to catch new ones until I get the right thing. Or at least, that's how I assume this would work.

Professer K said:
Rune Yagami said:

Maybe to change pkm hidden ability (dreamworld ability) ?

I don't know about Pyroar, but I think Meowstic might count as two, given that they will have different movepools for each gender. (Wormadam counters this logic though) If not, then they need to redo Nidoran (just Nidoran, the basic stage) so that both genders take up one dex slot and adjust the whole dex. All of it.
I want some consistency here.

The only reason they were separate in the first place is because Generation 1 didn't have sexual dimorphism, or genders and formes at all for that matter, or even the ability to give the same dex number pokemon different movepools. Over the years, those have all been corrected:
Genders in Gen 2
Forms in Gen 4
Pokemon with different forms getting different movepools in Gen 4
...and all that remains is the keeping of tradition so that the Pokedex numbers remain the same.

So Meowstic needs to follow the Nidoran Precedent
or
They need to realize they have no reason to not break tradition and revamp the Pokedex all the way.

If this doesn't happen (I prefer the Nidoran revamp), I will be one sad Pancham.

NaturallyDark said:
I think we have enough inanimate object Pokémon already. Why not a dragon made of iron (let's all play 'Disregard Dialga'), or even a steel Eeveelution! For Poison, there could be a poisoned beaver or something, to refer to pollution.

That's like saying we have enough animal-based pokemon...why do people want object pokemon to stop? Every single one, every single time, has been cool and interesting, they've been around since the first generation, and object-monsters are HUGE in Japanese folklore, so they're here to stay and they should be.

Rune Yagami said:
Leaferian said:

@Rune Yagami:
~28 new Central
~9 new Coastal

So, assuming the Dex is somewhat evenly spread out, we're looking at a fair amount of Pokemon still yet to be seen.

Professer K said:

Well, that seems cool. I hate catching a Pokemon and it having the worst of the available abilities. Now I don't have to catch new ones until I get the right thing. Or at least, that's how I assume this would work.

34 New Pokémon in Central and 15 in Coastal so far have been confirmed.

Rune Yagami said:
DragonTamer1995 said:
Consider this also a higher chance for a poison eeveelution since it counter acts with fairy. That's why there are so little poison types being revealed.

Please, not that again....There is no reason for them to have another Eeveelution.

There's no reason not to. For every 1 person that thinks Eeveelutions are used up, there's a 1000 who simply love them.

Poison, Steel, Dragon or Fighting are my wishes if there is a 2nd this generation.

This thread moves fast...

Has anyone seen Espurr or Meowstic in the Pokedex yet?

Bobo Taky said:
Professer K said:

Maybe to change pkm hidden ability (dreamworld ability) ?

I'm almost certain he means for pokemon who have multiple abilities that they could come with (not counting hidden abilities). Like how eevee has run away and another thing i forget. If you get the other thing, the item changes it to run away.

Could somebody by any chance post a picture of the key ring guy? The 4chan link doesn't seem to be working for some reason.

Bogleech said:
NaturallyDark said:
I think we have enough inanimate object Pokémon already. Why not a dragon made of iron (let's all play 'Disregard Dialga'), or even a steel Eeveelution! For Poison, there could be a poisoned beaver or something, to refer to pollution.

That's like saying we have enough animal-based pokemon...why do people want object pokemon to stop? Every single one, every single time, has been cool and interesting, they've been around since the first generation, and object-monsters are HUGE in Japanese folklore, so they're here to stay and they should be.

I guess that's just my 'Murican coming out. Got to keep that in check. Anyway, I didn't realize it was that seeped in folklore, in which case that is really cool. Dammit, Rune, stop being an inconsiderate jerk...

Mah Bad. Sorry.

One reason many ghost-type pokemon are objects is because in Japanese tradition, inanimate items develop their own souls, and if displeased by being abandoned, discarded or abused, they transform into monsters called Tsukumogami with various powers based on whatever object they originally were, like a flying umbrella that comes out during the rain, or a paper lantern that can breathe fireballs :)

I wonder if the Keychain is a reference to the various mythical fairies who only exist to do minor tasks, one of which I'm pretty sure is stealing/collecting/misplacing keys.

I'm overall delighted that there is now a terrifying barnacle pokemon with a clawed hand for a head and one-eyed barnacle limbs, though I would have definitely liked it a little more if it were non-humanoid; a hydra-like mass.

They also missed an opportunity to do water/fire here, since certain goose barnacles grow in the heat of underwater volcanoes, but overall, Barbaracle is awesome.

The Pokémon RIGHT after Meowstic is Kecleon.

jdivinity said:
Shinomune said:
Barbaracle!!!

1380855534817.jpg

1380855693172.jpg

I did not expect that. Holy moly, it's awesome!

Edit: it's name is a play on barbarian too! AWESOME
Not 'Barbarian', but 'Barbaros', the famous pirate most commonly known as Red Beard. Seeing as how he is a barnacle, and barnacles are usually found under pirate ships. ~.^

Well... There could still be just 70 if it was 34 Central, 18 Coastal, and 18 Mountain. But that seems like it wouldn't be the case? I dunno, it just seems like the Coastal dex is still relatively unexplored and Mountain is barely scratched.

Chrono said:
Could somebody by any chance post a picture of the key ring guy? The 4chan link doesn't seem to be working for some reason.

https://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1380/85/1380856585499.jpg

nightkeeper said:
Rune Yagami said:
Please, not that again....There is no reason for them to have another Eeveelution.

There's no reason not to. For every 1 person that thinks Eeveelutions are used up, there's a 1000 who simply love them.

Poison, Steel, Dragon or Fighting are my wishes if there is a 2nd this generation.

This thread moves fast...

I don't dislike them. In fact I LOVE Sylveon. I was just saying that they won't make another Eeveelution unless there is some mechanic for them to promote with it.

Kitana Coldfire said:
Leaferian said:
Actually... That makes 59.
erdz.png
Razmos posted this earlier, but people appear to have not noticed it? There are 57 Non-Mega Pokemon there, plus Sliggoo (Goomy's evo) and Barbaracle. If all of the Pokemon are legitimate, we're sitting at 59 new Pokemon.

Also, for that first leaker who said the number was about 70 (Xerneas was 715, 'Z' legend was around 718) to be right, we will need less than 9 more pokemon to be confirmed.

And remember, we've seen basically nothing out of the mountain dex.

Again, not to mention at least 5 legendary Pokemon (likely more) that haven't been revealed yet. So that's a 64.

Shinomune said:
Chrono said:

https://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1380/85/1380856585499.jpg

I think 50 in Central and Coastal have already been confirmed, so is Clefki the first Mountain dex Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back