XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Atadiusti said:
I don't know about Pyroar, but I think Meowstic might count as two, given that they will have different movepools for each gender. (Wormadam counters this logic though) If not, then they need to redo Nidoran (just Nidoran, the basic stage) so that both genders take up one dex slot and adjust the whole dex. All of it.
I want some consistency here.

The only reason they were separate in the first place is because Generation 1 didn't have sexual dimorphism, or genders and formes at all for that matter, or even the ability to give the same dex number pokemon different movepools. Over the years, those have all been corrected:
Genders in Gen 2
Forms in Gen 4
Pokemon with different forms getting different movepools in Gen 4
...and all that remains is the keeping of tradition so that the Pokedex numbers remain the same.

So Meowstic needs to follow the Nidoran Precedent
or
They need to realize they have no reason to not break tradition and revamp the Pokedex all the way.

If this doesn't happen (I prefer the Nidoran revamp), I will be one sad Pancham.

Pyroar is count as one (#58)
T35SxSAh.jpg

Meowstic may count as two like Wormadam vs Mothim (#45-46)
fdVV5NEh.jpg

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

I'll be very disappointed if there's only three new electric-type in this generation. I want more of my favorite type!

Shinomune said:
Chrono said:
Could somebody by any chance post a picture of the key ring guy? The 4chan link doesn't seem to be working for some reason.

https://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1380/85/1380856585499.jpg
Thanks.
That's really cool! I'm a big fan of abstract Pokemon, so I really like this one. The typing is fantastic, and I hope it gets a sweet evolution.

Tough Claw seems to be a popular ability... Mega Charizard X, Mega Aerodactyl, and Barbacle. May be of some use for sure.

Rune Yagami said:
nightkeeper said:
There's no reason not to. For every 1 person that thinks Eeveelutions are used up, there's a 1000 who simply love them.

Poison, Steel, Dragon or Fighting are my wishes if there is a 2nd this generation.

This thread moves fast...

I don't dislike them. In fact I LOVE Sylveon. I was just saying that they won't make another Eeveelution unless there is some mechanic for them to promote with it.

While there could be some mechanic we don't yet know about (doubtful), they could simply make one to contrast Sylveon. Pokemon doesn't always need to be broken down into patterns :)

Bobo Taky said:
Atadiusti said:
I don't know about Pyroar, but I think Meowstic might count as two, given that they will have different movepools for each gender. (Wormadam counters this logic though) If not, then they need to redo Nidoran (just Nidoran, the basic stage) so that both genders take up one dex slot and adjust the whole dex. All of it.
I want some consistency here.

The only reason they were separate in the first place is because Generation 1 didn't have sexual dimorphism, or genders and formes at all for that matter, or even the ability to give the same dex number pokemon different movepools. Over the years, those have all been corrected:
Genders in Gen 2
Forms in Gen 4
Pokemon with different forms getting different movepools in Gen 4
...and all that remains is the keeping of tradition so that the Pokedex numbers remain the same.

So Meowstic needs to follow the Nidoran Precedent
or
They need to realize they have no reason to not break tradition and revamp the Pokedex all the way.

If this doesn't happen (I prefer the Nidoran revamp), I will be one sad Pancham.

Pyroar is count as one (#58)
T35SxSAh.jpg

Meowstic may count as two like Wormadam vs Mothim (#45-46)
fdVV5NEh.jpg

KECLEON GOES RIGHT AFTER MEOWSTIC. THERE'S ONLY ONE DEX ENTRY FOR IT!

I like inanimate object Pokemon. They are the most unique. So After Espurr it's just one slot for Meowstic? K then... 57 so far. We need 14 ore to break 70 and I feel a lot is left unexplored.

Any hints on who the psuedo legendary may be this generation?

I'm going to assume it hasn't been discovered yet though as they're always near the end of the game.

Matty said:
I'll be very disappointed if there's only three new electric-type in this generation. I want more of my favorite type!

It's Hoenn all over again...

Bogleech said:
One reason many ghost-type pokemon are objects is because in Japanese tradition, inanimate items develop their own souls, and if displeased by being abandoned, discarded or abused, they transform into monsters called Tsukumogami with various powers based on whatever object they originally were, like a flying umbrella that comes out during the rain, or a paper lantern that can breathe fireballs :)

I wonder if the Keychain is a reference to the various mythical fairies who only exist to do minor tasks, one of which I'm pretty sure is stealing/collecting/misplacing keys.

I'm overall delighted that there is now a terrifying barnacle pokemon with a clawed hand for a head and one-eyed barnacle limbs, though I would have definitely liked it a little more if it were non-humanoid; a hydra-like mass.

They also missed an opportunity to do water/fire here, since certain goose barnacles grow in the heat of underwater volcanoes, but overall, Barbaracle is awesome.

^ What Bogleech said; I'm absolutely in love with that aspect of folklore and man I was really holding out for a lantern type Pokemon like a chochinobake inspired one. We'll see if that still happens!

I'm loving that key critter in all honesty I think it's pretty cool; freaking barnacle golem is going on my team for sure too.

nightkeeper said:
Tough Claw seems to be a popular ability... Mega Charizard X, Mega Aerodactyl, and Barbacle. May be of some use for sure.

Rune Yagami said:
I don't dislike them. In fact I LOVE Sylveon. I was just saying that they won't make another Eeveelution unless there is some mechanic for them to promote with it.

While there could be some mechanic we don't yet know about (doubtful), they could simply make one to contrast Sylveon. Pokemon doesn't always need to be broken down into patterns :)

The thing is, patterns are everywhere in Pokemon. It's pretty hard to avoid.

Rune Yagami said:

Has it even been confirmed that Sylveon evolves from Amie? Because last I heard some guy attempted to use Amie on Eevee in the hopes of evolving it into Sylveon, but was met with no luck..

Also, I know I've been saying/hoping that the 2nd Eeveelution would be Steel, but what if it's a Dual-Type Eeveelution? Poison/Steel? That'd be really unexpected.. :p

And on a side-note, I'd absolutely LOVE IT if they added Pokemon with every remaining Type combination, even non-sensical ones. Like Water/Fire, Normal/Fighting, etc..

Fellas we should probably use spoiler tags ^ It takes a bit to scroll through that!

I am also displeased with the lack of abundance of new Electric types, seems GameFreak thinks bringing back past generation Electric is good enough. Well it's not!

Also, I know I've been saying/hoping that the 2nd Eeveelution would be Steel, but what if it's a Dual-Type Eeveelution? Poison/Steel? That'd be really unexpected..

HIGHLY unlikely... I am all for dual type Eeveelutions in the future (most people seem strictly against this idea) but we still have several individual types that could be filled...

Patience :p

I feel there could be a 2nd Eeveelution and it's type would be dragon. This gives Slyveon a type advantage and makes 2 Eeveelutions.

Tighten said:
I feel there could be a 2nd Eeveelution and it's type would be dragon. This gives Slyveon a type advantage and makes 2 Eeveelutions.

Same could be argued for Steel, Poison and Fighting.

Sheriff_K said:
Rune Yagami said:

Has it even been confirmed that Sylveon evolves from Amie? Because last I heard some guy attempted to use Amie on Eevee in the hopes of evolving it into Sylveon, but was met with no luck..

Also, I know I've been saying/hoping that the 2nd Eeveelution would be Steel, but what if it's a Dual-Type Eeveelution? Poison/Steel? That'd be really unexpected.. :p

It WOULD be unexpected. I think that all the types will be gone through first before dual-type Eeveelutions are introduced, if at all.

Edit: nightkeeper is, clearly, a ninja.

Sheriff_K said:
Rune Yagami said:

Sylveon is primarily promting fairy typing.

If they make a Dual type Eeveelution, then the fans will go nuts asking for every type combination, which would make 17 single type eeveelutions plus 136 dual type eevees.
That would be insane.

Arriving at this number is fairly simple, as it is a variaton of the "handshake" problem in math, in which the number of handshakes between n people is thus:

People at Party / Number of Handshakes

2 = 1
3 1 + 2 = 3
4 1 + 2 + 3 = 6
5 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 10
6 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = 15
n 1 + 2 + ...+ (n-1) = (n(n-1))/2

so for 17 types, not counting normal, the number of combinations is (17(16))/2 = 136

Rune Yagami said:
nightkeeper said:

The thing is, patterns are everywhere in Pokemon. It's pretty hard to avoid.

While I agree, everyone enjoys a nice change in pace, a skew from the norm if you will.

Rules (and patterns) are meant to be broken!

Edit: nightkeeper is, clearly, a ninja.

Born and raised.

Rune Yagami said:
Sheriff_K said:

Sylveon is primarily promting fairy typing.

If they make a Dual type Eeveelution, then the fans will go nuts asking for every type combination, which would make 17 single type eeveelutions plus 136 dual type eevees.
That would be insane,

I bet the joke is, there's another type and the only Pokémon with it will be the other Eeveelution and an event legendary.

I think we've exhausted the eeveelution talk and it's really going no where since people will either say it's plausible while others will say it's not and the same points will come up over and over. How bout some actual topics with substance?

I've heard some rumors about someone discovering an old water-type to have a new evolution? Now, I dont know which water type they spoke of, but all I know is that's what I heard. That, and a few pokemon are getting new gender differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back