XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

MuhFugginMoose said:
Razmos said:
Only found this one so far

It's about what you'd expect: they can't reveal anything new.
I'm a bit disappointed about the supposed bad story, but that's subjective anyway I suppose.

The fact they didn't bring up any "lack" of new Pokemon is a bit reassuring. . .
Guess we'll just have to wait for a few more.
While I kinda agree with this, the reviewer mentions they haven't played a pokemon game in "years", that could be Gen 2 or Gen 3 or whatever, so most of the pokemon they will be encountering will be new to them anyway, so they probably wouldn't notice a "lack" of new pokemon.

We should wait for other reviews to see.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

I don't get the fuss about too low number of new pokemon, because I have been expecting gen 6 to be 100 TOPS ever since the leaked BW dex 3 years ago or so. It was a record breaking 156.

Its been alternating since the beginning with each odd generation attempting to reinvent the basic ecosystem, and every even generation adding exotic extras while improving existing pokemon.
And with mega-evolutions revealed, it stays as true as it gets.

With that said, 70 is ridiculous and obviously false information, but anything from ~90 to ~120 is completely expected.

Also, if someones really desperate to know:
You can start counting the missing spots here
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-regional-pokedex-pok%C3%A9mon-from-previous-generations-in-kalos
Add the known new ones, lower the number for any old pokemon seen in trailers not yet on the list and see what the currently known max possible number of new pokemon is.

There is like a 100 spots left, and I'm guessing at least a third of them are more old pokemon. While the Mountain Kalos dex seems to be the one that has the legends and everything at the end.

To be honest, 70 new Pokémon isn't really a problem, there's probably about 30 to 40 Mega Evolutions that should also be counted. Gen 4 had about 70 new Pokémon + 30 new evolutions. It's nothing new. Plus there's also some Pokémon that will be retyped. There's enough ''new'' Pokémon this generation.

Pokequaza said:
To be honest, 70 new Pokémon isn't really a problem, there's probably about 30 to 40 Mega Evolutions that should also be counted. Gen 4 had about 70 new Pokémon + 30 new evolutions. It's nothing new. Plus there's also some Pokémon that will be retyped. There's enough ''new'' Pokémon this generation.

I agree. They need to design 600++ 3d sprite for the old pokemon this game, and a whole new design for the Mega Evo. This is why Kalos's pokedex is so large without even the national dex.

Not only that, they bring a whole 3d map with new features like player customization, a feature that every poke trainer want since the earlier generation.

I'm thinking more of 80-90 new pokemon without the mega.

Not to mention that if they want to make a third installment, we can still hope for a new mega evo pokemon there.

Overall i think i'm going to be content enough when i play this a week from now, not even caring for the lack of new pokemon due to the enjoyment. :p

In the link, I found this....
The games' addition of Mega Evolutions was generally fascinating as well. These characters could have been easily overpowered in battle, taking away the challenge, but they weren't. It added some depth, but you won't automatically win all battles when you acquire the ability, especially since each Pokémon doesn't "mega evolve" in the same way.

So does that mean it confirms that the stones are not the only way to mega evolve?

Wow. That's actually a pretty good list.

Anyone know of Sliggoo or Floette's evolutions yet? Maybe even Klefki?

Klefki is sooo cute >.<
QVqxxkM.jpg
TGNj0ZT.jpg
3pbCVWy.jpg

Someone really needs to make a compilation page, people are reposting stuff now.
I want more stuff found! >.<

Yeah, called there not being a 9th Eevee with logical deduction.

Similarly, Water/Dragon or Poison/Dragon won't be a pseudo legendary because these typings don't have an immunity. I have explained this in further detail earlier in the thread.

This is the mistake people make, wanting things just because it would be cool, but without thinking if it makes sense or not.

Anyway, about the 70 new Pokemon thing, I highly doubt it. The reason being is we've seen hardly any of the Mountain Dex and there are almost 70 new Pokemon we know about already, and I don't think the Mountain Dex will be full of repeats from past generations. Nintendo would have spread the new Pokemon out better if there were only about 70 of them.

Ghost King said:

The games' addition of Mega Evolutions was generally fascinating as well. These characters could have been easily overpowered in battle, taking away the challenge, but they weren't. It added some depth, but you won't automatically win all battles when you acquire the ability, especially since each Pokémon doesn't "mega evolve" in the same way.

So does that mean it confirms that the stones are not the only way to mega evolve?
I think what they meant is that not all Mega-Evolutions are simply stat boosts, and that pokemon get powerful in different ways (abilities, typings and stats) through mega-evolution.

ScorchingShock said:

Sliggoo and Floette's evolutions haven't been found/posted yet.

Klefki is apparently a standalone like Carbink.

Razmos said:
Ghost King said:

I think what they meant is that not all Mega-Evolutions are simply stat boosts, and that pokemon get powerful in different ways (abilities, typings and stats) through mega-evolution.

ScorchingShock said:

Sliggoo and Floette's evolutions haven't been found/posted yet.

Klefki is apparently a standalone like Carbink.

Klefki being a standalone evolution is possibly one of the biggest let downs for me this gen.

Rune Yagami said:
Yeah, called there not being a 9th Eevee with logical deduction.

Similarly, Water/Dragon or Poison/Dragon won't be a pseudo legendary because these typings don't have an immunity. I have explained this in further detail earlier in the thread.

This is the mistake people make, wanting things just because it would be cool, but without thinking if it makes sense or not.

Anyway, about the 70 new Pokemon thing, I highly doubt it. The reason being is we've seen hardly any of the Mountain Dex and there are almost 70 new Pokemon we know about already, and I don't think the Mountain Dex will be full of repeats from past generations. Nintendo would have spread the new Pokemon out better if there were only about 70 of them.

Adding on to Rune's point, the MOST LIKELY type combination would be Dragon/Fairy final evolution. The fairy type would grant it the immunity it needs to be considered pseudo. Also, its base stats need to total over 600 to be in this category, and as one leaker pointed out the experience required to level up is around the same as most pre-pseudo Pokemon. I would expect at this point that the final evolution of Goomy and Sliggoo will be this generations pseudo, and a Dragon/Fairy type.

If Flabebe really got it's 2nd stage evolution, what type it'll be? I'm guessing a Fairy/Grass, or simply Fairy, just because we haven't got a pure 3 stage Fairy pokemon.

Another thing, i noticed we got quite new Normal mixed type, with Pyroar, Heliolisk, and possibly Diggersby. Inb4 we got a Normal elite 4?

About pseudo, i understand that the previous pseudo got an immunity, and thus some can spot that as a pattern. But it's still an assumption, the base that we call these pokemons as pseudo is the 600 BST, not the immunity, so i think it's not impossible to get a pseudo without immunity. :/

Can anyone post a link to the Instagram of the guy that's actually got the game please?

I personally think Goomy/Sigloo will be the pseudo of this generation and a Dragon/Water type. Tyranitar and Metagross aren't Dragons and they are pseudo, sure the previous pseudos all have immunities but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a guaranteed trait. Just like Eeveelutions coming in pairs previously and now this Gen seems to be the only one with one new Eeveelution.

Ririka said:
If Flabebe really got it's 2nd stage evolution, what type it'll be? I'm guessing a Fairy/Grass, or simply Fairy, just because we haven't got a pure 3 stage Fairy pokemon.

Another thing, i noticed we got quite new Normal mixed type, with Pyroar, Heliolisk, and possibly Diggersby. Inb4 we got a Normal elite 4?

About pseudo, i understand that the previous pseudo got an immunity, and thus some can spot that as a pattern. But it's still an assumption, the base that we call these pokemons as pseudo is the 600 BST, not the immunity, so i think it's not impossible to get a pseudo without immunity. :/

It also becomes extremely difficult to keep coming up with Pokemon with an immunity. There'll be a point where they can't make the pseudo-legendary have an immunity (assuming it's indeed a requirement for one).

Ka$h Money said:
Ririka said:

It also becomes extremely difficult to keep coming up with Pokemon with an immunity. There'll be a point where they can't make the pseudo-legendary have an immunity (assuming it's indeed a requirement for one).

It is a requirement, since it is a fan term. BST 600 with an immunity was a pattern discovered in certain Pokemon BY FANS. Also the BST of the first stage needs to be 300 and the middle stage 410-420, for it to fall under the already established fan made category. Nintendo could release a Pokemon that meets some, but not all of these criteria, in which case it just won't be a pseudo. In fact, they might possibly not release a Pokemon with a BST of 600 at all this gen.

New pokemon!
1380891970394.jpg

What if sligoo's evo was dragon/water, yet gained an immunity through an ability? Would that give it the immunity necessary to be considered a pseudo-legend?

My guess is Fairy.
EDIT: It seems it's actually ghost/grass

Another picture of the new pokemon:

1380892007866.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back