XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Tatertot said:
Is anyone else a little upset at the lack of 3 stage evolution lines this generation? So many pokemon feel incomplete to me, especially Aromatisse, Avalugg, Kelfki, and Heliolisk. When I saw all of them I immediately envisioned them turning into something much greater later on, only to find out that they were it. I love evolving pokemon multiple times, and many of these designs feel to me like they have room to go farther.

Same. I prefer three stages over two, and if they knew they were going to give us so few new pokemon, they could have at least made more advanced final evolutions for the pokemon they did have designed. Hawlucha could have used an evolution, too.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

SavvyJackal said:
CMP said:
He was the one who mentioned a lack of post-game and the legendary birds as the Kalos trio. A screenshot is out there, but I'm on my phone and haven't had any luck...sorry!
Ah, okay, that's good enough! Thanks! XD

As far as post-game, what have we heard? This is all I've got:

- Catching Zygarde
- "Friend Safari"
- Battle Subway sort of thing

- Mewtwo
- That sea cave thingy...

Cresceda said:
SavvyJackal said:
Ah, okay, that's good enough! Thanks! XD

As far as post-game, what have we heard? This is all I've got:

- Catching Zygarde
- "Friend Safari"
- Battle Subway sort of thing

- Mewtwo
- That sea cave thingy...

So BW2 was better! My opinion sure!
Post-game i mean, anyway cant wait D:
mannn

Guys keep in mind that the 3DS is fundamentally different from the DS. They can release patches At. Any. Time. For all we know, there will be a patch later that expands the dex, maybe even unlocking evolutions of 'finished' Pokemon. They could even extend the map through a patch.

HikaruAyame said:
Guys keep in mind that the 3DS is fundamentally different from the DS. They can release patches At. Any. Time. For all we know, there will be a patch later that expands the dex, maybe even unlocking evolutions of 'finished' Pokemon. They could even extend the map through a patch.

I guess I am hoping that this is the case.... However, I am fine with the way it is now. I just do not want to go into this game hoping/expecting for extra things such as those when there is no guarantee that they will occur.

Because this thread is so long I don't really know everything that got
revealed or debunked as not true soo...

What happened to a spider pokemon everyone was talking about?
The ghost/bug type... If he'd be real he'd probably be revealed yet right?
Was so excited for that. :/ Sounded cool. :'(

HikaruAyame said:

I don't have the link anymore but I remember there being a quote saying x and y would not be patched.

ElementFreak said:

Apparachnid was fake.

@bloodronin: http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/09/pokemon-x-pokemon-y-will-getting-post-release-patches/

Specifically says they will not patch for balance's sake. So they won't give a patch that makes Bug super effective on Water or some such thing, but it doesn't say they won't give extra content.

Bloodronin said:
HikaruAyame said:

I don't have the link anymore but I remember there being a quote saying x and y would not be patched.
They didn't say they wouldn't add DLC. They just said that they wouldn't make any balance changes to the game.

Edit: Greninja'd.

Bloodronin said:
HikaruAyame said:

Masuda said they don't plan to release any patches. That doesn't mean they couldn't change their minds. However, I agree with not getting our hopes up over something that might not/probably won't happen.

Poison Master said:
Bloodronin said:

Masuda said they don't plan to release any patches. That doesn't mean they couldn't change their minds. However, I agree with not getting our hopes up over something that might not/probably won't happen.

I like the number of regular Pokémon and Megas (there are more of those to come still), but if three new legendaries this time around is all they plan on having, then I am sorry but I am greatly disappointed. Legendaries are what make the game exciting, that add a little spice to the meal, as Cilan would jammer on about.
The Shiny legendaries will unlock something, possibly a new legendary, and there may be specific steps that need to be taken in a certain area at a certain time, like for B/W2's regis. For all we know, there could be tons of legendaries waiting to be found. And in the sequel(s)/remake(s), there may be more Pokémon and areas. I just hope that is the case...

HikaruAyame said:
ElementFreak said:

Apparachnid was fake.

@bloodronin: http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/09/pokemon-x-pokemon-y-will-getting-post-release-patches/

Specifically says they will not patch for balance's sake. So they won't give a patch that makes Bug super effective on Water or some such thing, but it doesn't say they won't give extra content.

Oh thank so much. This made my day. Hopefully they do add more content.

Well, they'd at least redo the events for XY for the people that missed out on the previous events vial Wi-Fi.

I had a thought.. if anyone saw the compilation video of XY... remember when the PC is with the overworld Snorlax on the bridge?
What if... after you awaken Snorlax, you can unlock the Day Care? Probably not because it looks like it comes after the Day Care, but nevertheless I'm positive the building the PC ran pass on the long stretch of road before the bridge is the Day Care.

And another thing, if there are Dittos, where would they be located in? I had a thought that maybe that Mewtwo will be catchable in XY (because if he wasn't, why haven't there been an event yet) in XY and just like Cerulean Cave the closer you are getting to Mewtwo, the more often you run across Ditto.

NaturallyDark said:
Poison Master said:

I like the number of regular Pokémon and Megas (there are more of those to come still), but if three new legendaries this time around is all they plan on having, then I am sorry but I am greatly disappointed. Legendaries are what make the game exciting, that add a little spice to the meal, as Cilan would jammer on about.
The Shiny legendaries will unlock something, possibly a new legendary, and there may be specific steps that need to be taken in a certain area at a certain time, like for B/W2's regis. For all we know, there could be tons of legendaries waiting to be found. And in the sequel(s)/remake(s), there may be more Pokémon and areas. I just hope that is the case...

Well, aside from my previous concern that I didn't get the shiny legendaries, one good thing from that would be that this means you CAN transfer Pokémon over from Black and White 2.

Don't get me wrong here, I know it's not a rule but many Pokemon still need evolution since 1st gen!

I liked the mega evolution and stuff, but the game is not just mega evo, the impression I have is that, they forgot old concepts and only invested in new! For those who are just starting now, it will be very interesting!

Well i dont know im ok with 70 but maybe 80 with 2 new evo from other 5 regions !
Anyway 5 days :|

The thing is with evolutions for 1st gen pokemon, people don't understand that it just wouldn't make sense. In my opinion, Mega Evolutions were the right decision for PREVIOUS gen pokemon because they are simply a power boost. Having proper evolutions won't make sense because, why would pokemon from a far away region from Kalos, be in kalos, with more evolutions from where they actually originate from? It's hard to explain because i'm not putting any thought into this post, but you should understand what i'm trying to say - It just wouldn't be right.

Oblivion_Wing said:
The thing is with evolutions for 1st gen pokemon, people don't understand that it just wouldn't make sense. In my opinion, Mega Evolutions were the right decision for PREVIOUS gen pokemon because they are simply a power boost. Having proper evolutions won't make sense because, why would pokemon from a far away region from Kalos, be in kalos, with more evolutions from where they actually originate from? It's hard to explain because i'm not putting any thought into this post, but you should understand what i'm trying to say - It just wouldn't be right.

I understand you but you should understand weather and climate or anything conditions some Pokémon get new evos!
Sinnoh big example and we have eevee (ok i cant argument with eevee i think you understand the reason lol hah)

Oblivion_Wing said:

I understand what you are saying. I dont think it really matters. They could have a throwaway explanation for why some Pokemon are now able to evolve. It should also make no sense that Clefairy now resists dragon when it didnt before but past games dont matter right now. I think most people prefer true evolutions to Megas for Pokemon that are standalone or only 2 stage. I'm hoping they eventually return to regular evolutions in future games. I dont mind Megas, but in my opinion, they should be for Legendary and fully evolved Pokemon only.

Dark Sylveon said:
Oblivion_Wing said:

I understand you but you should understand weather and climate or anything conditions some Pokémon get new evos!
Sinnoh big example and we have eevee (ok i cant argument with eevee i think you understand the reason lol hah)

Eevee shouldn't be relative to this anyway because we know about it's anatomy from it's Dex Entries, but weather conditions and such have little to do with evolving a pokemon either.. Those only change forms of a pokemon, and not necessarily evolves it.

EDIT: Just found out you can ride a Mamoswine!!!!

SavvyJackal said:
Oh, also, the guy who originally said that there would only be 70 new Pokemon ... what else did he say? Is there a screenshot somewhere? I can't find it.

That's what I'm here for (hours late)!

2lxgie0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back