XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

HikaruAyame said:
MetalPharoah said:
Well, it has been a great time finding out all about the new Pokemon for this generation. The greatest revamp Pokemon has ever needed has come to pass. On a side note, ordering for Pokemon League Chespin Season is now available.

*cough* so it says... It still won't let me order.

And yes, I'm amazed that people are just passing by so many of the amazing things here. A lot of what people have been asking for, we got. A Ghost/Grass line (two actually), a T-Rex, greater variety available in the games, more dynamic characters, the list goes on. This is shaping up to be a great gen!

I was excited by BW and let down by quite a many, but XY has redeemed the franchise for me in the largest way. Not only am I excited about the metashift, but I cannot wait to EV train and test out these new mechanics for myself this weekend.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

It'll be more of a nightmare if they go and shiny block the legends again. If they did, then they wouldn't have to worry because as mentioned before, the 3DS is the case where the Declaration of Independence is located in, and even if we have Nic Cage to help us, we can't meddle with it. So if they do decide to do it again, then no one will ever know what the shiny forms look like unless they give them out in events.

And if they don't (and I hope they won't) then we can all have a race to see who gets the FoYT.

... I realized something, usually the way to SR is L+R and Select+Start in the DS games... Because the 3DS is different, do you think that maybe we can have a different (and easier) way to SR? I liked how in Gen 3 you could SR by A+B and Select+Start. Since the trigger buttons could be used to take pictures now, you think they might give us a detailed mapping so we can change how our controls work?

While I wish that there were a ton of Kalos pokemon, I'm actually excited to have a wide array of over 600 pokemon to select for my team. :)

I' see this game as a remake of previous games... If you'd remove the fact that it was gen VI people would've liked it more. Nobody had this much criticism agains't HG/SS or FR/LG. People have waited a long time for X/Y though...

I wonder what the shiny legendaries will look like..
Any confirmation on shiny pokemon in general to be in?

Oblivion_Wing said:
I wonder what the shiny legendaries will look like..
Any confirmation on shiny pokemon in general to be in?

Yes, Shinyness has been confirmed multiple times to be in this generation

There was a picture of shiny Sylveon ages ago.

Alright that's good.
Speaking of sylveon, look at this new screenshot. Thoughts?:

http://instagram.com/p/fK61ajG_sh/

KiKi said:
While I wish that there were a ton of Kalos pokemon, I'm actually excited to have a wide array of over 600 pokemon to select for my team. :)

I agree. I love what they did for this gen so far. Anyone know if mismagius was retyped ghost/fairy or if shes even in this gen? I glanced over the leaked dex and didn't see her...
Also, is gf trying to make normal typing useful this gen? I still don't understand why some pokemon, heliolisk and litleo evolve to become electric/normal and fire/normal.

Anyone has an idea what`s up with the creation trio items,some leaker found in-game?

benni1994 said:
Anyone has an idea what`s up with the creation trio items,some leaker found in-game?
I would assume they're in the game due to the shiny Creation Trio event.

benni1994 said:

They're always found in the games after Diamond and Pearl... Don't think it means anything special :/

Talonflame estimated stats:
75/85/65/75/65/130

speed is amazing, however it's attack is meh and its defenses are pretty lackluster :/

In most of the first games from a gen GF only gives out legendary pokemon from that gen. Am I the only one who thinks there won't be any gen I-V legendaries catchable untis the "Z" game comes out? (if it will ever exist :p)

Cresceda said:
In most of the first games from a gen GF only gives out legendary pokemon from that gen. Am I the only one who thinks there won't be any gen I-V legendaries catchable untis the "Z" game comes out? (if it will ever exist :p)

Maybe not necessarily catch-able, but there probably will be distribution events for older gen legendary Pokemon.

I have a few predictions.

1. The sequel to this game will include new Pokemon but still be considered the same generation. Like a part 2 of the generation. It could also happen in an adjacent region. This is something I doubt would happen.

2. They are planning on releasing a generation every 2 years but with less Pokemon each time. I like this idea, but every generation has something fresh other than the Pokemon. I feel like they would run out of big attention grabbing aspects eventually.

3. They will have DLC or patches to include new Pokemon. This could be free or at a charge. Good money making strategy, but I dont think it is something that is planned.

4. There are non legendary Pokemon after Xerneas and crew. With Victini being number 0 in the BW Pokedex, I dont see this as being too far-fetched.

5. They really do consider Mega's to be new Pokemon and are going to stick with that formula for at least this game, if not more in the future. I dont like this at all. Megas dont get the distinction of being a true evolution and do not fill in a space in the Pokedex. If these are considered true new Pokemon, then I will have to consider forms of other Pokemon to be individual Pokemon. If you look at the smaller generations ( and 4) you will note that there are a much larger number of forms than in the others. Gen 2 had 24 Unowns, Gen 4 had 17 Arceus forms and plenty of others. This still does not make me feel better about the low Pokemon count.

These are the things I could come up with to explain the low count. I'm sure there are other theories out there too. All in all, without playing the game, I will say that my biggest gripe is the over saturation of Fairy type and the fact that, for the most part, it is just embracing the Western stereotype of Fairies. The low count of Pokemon bugs me as well as the Mega evolutions for Pokemon that I think deserve real evos. And finally, the lack of a developed post game. With those aside, I still look forward to playing the game.

As a side note, I still have not looked at any of the leaked Pokemon. :p

P.DelSlayer said:
75/85/65/75/65/130

speed is amazing, however it's attack is meh and its defenses are pretty lackluster :/

That's odd, because you would of thought such a Bulky bird would suck at speed and be more Defensive.
GF screwed up the Design vs. Stats again. :/

Anyway, I knew there wouldn't be any post-game, much like BW, it's focusing on the main story, but at least in this game you already have access to hundreds more Pokémon without DW or the White Forrest BS.

Blob55 said:
P.DelSlayer said:
75/85/65/75/65/130

That's odd, because you would of thought such a Bulky bird would suck at speed and be more Defensive.

Anyway, I knew there wouldn't be any post-game, much like BW, it's focusing on the main story, but at least in this game you already have access to hundreds more Pokémon without DW or the White Forrest BS.

Its based off a peregrine falcon... one of the fastest birds in the world.
On its entry on Pokemonxy.com it mentions its high speeds
I really don't see how its design looks bulky...

I'm more annoyed its attack was base 85 which is underwhelming, why could they have not taken 10 out of Sp.A and given it 95 atk... then it would have something to work with
(but then again it is 4x weak to SR so that already means people are gonna try find an alternative... Mega Charizard X looks to be the better overall option)

Cresceda said:

Aren't the Legendary Birds roamers? That kind of invalidates that idea.

P.DelSlayer said:
Blob55 said:

Its based off a peregrine falcon... one of the fastest birds in the world.
On its entry on Pokemonxy.com it mentions its high speeds
I really don't see how its design looks bulky...

I'm more annoyed its attack was base 85 which is underwhelming, why could they have not taken 10 out of Sp.A and given it 95 atk... then it would have something to work with
(but then again it is 4x weak to SR so that already means people are gonna try find an alternative... Mega Charizard X looks to be the better overall option)

I didn't know it was based off of one of those, also, to me the lack of the neck makes it looks very muscular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back