XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

professorlight said:
If I get it right, the ribbons look like arms, referencing that indian deity, right? but they are not arms.

WAIT, magic coat does WHAT now? half damage from special moves?

GAMEFREAK! IT IS MY SUPREME COMMAND! MAKE MISMAGIUS GHOST/FAIRY, AND GIVE HER THAT DAMN ABILITY! SCREW GROUND WEAKNESS! WHO NEEDS THAT SHIT? MAGIC. GOD DAMN. COAT,

The ability is said to be named something different, but, it supposedly does have the effect.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

They changed Magic Coat (I have never used that ability btw)?

Reggie McGigas said:
SkySheild21 said:
I think its safe to say that this list is almost legit. Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo, Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross, Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron, Abomasnow

The list is fake. Aerodactyl wasn't on the list (seems like you added it), and we've already seen a Galvantuanite, sorry but nope.

EDIT: No Mega Venasaur either. Nice try.

Neither you nor him have considerable proof. So out of hope for it's legitimicy i say they are real.

CoolJosh10 said:
KiKi said:
I went to Wal-Mart, abd they have the games in the back, but aren't aloud to put them on the shelves. And if they do, it's a $3000 fine for releasing the games early.

That Canadian store needs to triple that amount of fines x how many people got the game early from there in my opinion.

Have you no sense of reality? You don't think that amount of fines wouldn't put a store out of buisness?
I actually think Game Freak have crossed the line. They have dug themselves into a bad PR situation. They act like they are being opressed by these leakers but they are oppressing people. Who are they to give out a fine. And frankly who are you to perpetuate this behavior?. I don't think it's possible for companies to give fines is it? If so that shit needs to change!

WitherSnow said:
Have you no sense of reality? You don't think that amount of fines wouldn't put a store out of buisness?
I actually think Game Freak have crossed the line. They have dug themselves into a bad PR situation. They act like they are being opressed by these leakers but they are oppressing people. Who are they to give out a fine. And frankly who are you to perpetuate this behavior?. I don't think it's possible for companies to give fines is it? If so that shit needs to change!

So you would be okay with someone selling your product 2 weeks ahead of time? Thus giving the entire word access to what the product has in store?

Yea, that's how you make money.
These leaks also caused GF to lose money, in the amount of people that canceled their pre-order. That's why things are meant to be released on a set date.
Breaking that date, is illegal for one, and can cause problems.

WitherSnow said:
Reggie McGigas said:
The list is fake. Aerodactyl wasn't on the list (seems like you added it), and we've already seen a Galvantuanite, sorry but nope.

Neither you nor him have considerable proof. So out of hope for it's legitimicy i say they are real.

CoolJosh10 said:
That Canadian store needs to triple that amount of fines x how many people got the game early from there in my opinion.

Uh, it's their game. They made it. They set a release date. The store broke it. So I fail to see how a fine is crossing a line or retaliation. Pokemon doesn't belong to the game stores nor the fans. It belongs to Game Freak. How is it wrong for them to want their worldwide release? Something FOR the fans that honestly is something that a lot of people I know are very happy about. I'm not necessarily against the leaks. I certainly looked at and enjoyed them. But I'd say it's well within Game Freak's right to be upset and give a penalty to the stores who broke the street date.

Anyways, in regards to leaks, I'm really hoping SOMEBODY finds a Gen 5 mega stone soon. The Galvantula one if I recall had zero proof and easily could have been fake. I'd really like some concrete proof at least one exists. Hoping somebody finds Banette's item soon too. I'm really curious what it's type and ability will be. Kind of hoping for ghost/fairy or ghost/psychic, but I think pure ghost or ghost/dark would be the most realistic option. As for the design, I think it would be kind of neat if its mouth was unzipped and the spirit inside was flowing out, all angry and awesome looking. Like spiritomb but with a stuffed animal instead of a stone.

WitherSnow said:
Reggie McGigas said:

CoolJosh10 said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that Nintendo/Game Freak is justified. The fines are imposed because what the stores did/are doing by selling the games early is illegal, breaking some sort of copyright law.

I assume all this squabbling is about the INCOMPLETE trademark list that was found in MAY and was IN NO WAY A REFLECTION OF THE FINAL OUTCOME of what was/was not getting a mega evolution, yes?

Because I have the currently updated version of the ORIGINAL list right here:
Potential Trademarked Mega List:

Charizard (Confirmed x2)
Blastoise (Confirmed)
Gengar (Confirmed)
Pinsir
Jynx
Gyarados (Confirmed via leaks)
Aerodactyl (Confirmed via leaks)
Scizor
Houndoom
Tyranitar (Confirmed)
Heracross (Megastone possibly found)
Gardevoir (Confirmed via leaks)
Medicham (Confirmed via leaks)
Banette (Megastone possibly found)
Aggron (Confirmed)
Latias/Latios
Abomasnow (Confirmed via leaks)

It was never deemed complete, it only contains the names of pokemon that Nintendo filed 'Mega' trademarks for back in MAY. I believe I've explained more than once that this is a 5 month old list, but somehow people seem to ignore that detail.

The fact of the matter is this is a list of Pokemon that Nintendo FILED 'MEGA' TRADEMARKS FOR. The only reason this list isn't confirmed already is because Nintendo trademarks LOTS of names (including both Pokemon Grey AND Gray, for example), but that does not mean they are going to use them.

Shall I shout it from the rooftops once again or has the point been made? Because I'm getting very tired of people saying 'lol this list is totally fake because ____ and ____ aren't on it nice try'.

MuhFugginMoose said:
professorlight said:
If I get it right, the ribbons look like arms, referencing that indian deity, right? but they are not arms.

WAIT, magic coat does WHAT now? half damage from special moves?

GAMEFREAK! IT IS MY SUPREME COMMAND! MAKE MISMAGIUS GHOST/FAIRY, AND GIVE HER THAT DAMN ABILITY! SCREW GROUND WEAKNESS! WHO NEEDS THAT SHIT? MAGIC. GOD DAMN. COAT,

The ability is said to be named something different, but, it supposedly does have the effect.

Where was this seen?

TerminusTypeR said:
WitherSnow said:

Uh, it's their game. They made it. They set a release date. The store broke it. So I fail to see how a fine is crossing a line or retaliation. Pokemon doesn't belong to the game stores nor the fans. It belongs to Game Freak. How is it wrong for them to want their worldwide release? Something FOR the fans that honestly is something that a lot of people I know are very happy about. I'm not necessarily against the leaks. I certainly looked at and enjoyed them. But I'd say it's well within Game Freak's right to be upset and give a penalty to the stores who broke the street date.

Anyways, in regards to leaks, I'm really hoping SOMEBODY finds a Gen 5 mega stone soon. The Galvantula one if I recall had zero proof and easily could have been fake. I'd really like some concrete proof at least one exists. Hoping somebody finds Banette's item soon too. I'm really curious what it's type and ability will be. Kind of hoping for ghost/fairy or ghost/psychic, but I think pure ghost or ghost/dark would be the most realistic option. As for the design, I think it would be kind of neat if its mouth was unzipped and the spirit inside was flowing out, all angry and awesome looking. Like spiritomb but with a stuffed animal instead of a stone.
That's what the guy that works in the electronics department told me. That they're wad a $3000 fine for putting the games on the shelves early.

Also,
mega_banette_by_dragonith-d6k3koy.png

Didn't expect anything good out of Mega Medicham, so no surprise to me.
I wish I lived somewhere that had the games release tomorrow. But no, America has to wait until Saturday. I get, if your government doesn't work, you games release late. Also, there's something about timezone's having to do with it, but it's all lies.

Seems nobody is doing a written walkthrough or putting out information as to where Pokemon locations are. Shame. Would love to know where the locations of the new Pokemon are.

What happened to Mega Heracross? I thought somebody found a Mega Stone for it.

GoomyFan85 said:
Seems nobody is doing a written walkthrough or putting out information as to where Pokemon locations are. Shame. Would love to know where the locations of the new Pokemon are.

I'll be making one tomorrow at midnight when i get the game, once i get the game ill make a link on my sig to the walkthrough :D lol love spending endless hours doing stuff like that, I'm the type of person to look in ever nook and cranny for things lol.

On Topic: Looks like we'll have a Garchomp event in up comming weeks via corocoro magazine.

Okay so my post is just gonna pull a hudini and fudging poof and vanish. I didn't know they lost money from it. My bad.

kafyre said:
GoomyFan85 said:

I'll be making one tomorrow at midnight when i get the game, once i get the game ill make a link on my sig to the walkthrough :D lol love spending endless hours doing stuff like that, I'm the type of person to look in ever nook and cranny for things lol.

On Topic: Looks like we'll have a Garchomp event in up comming weeks via corocoro magazine.

Would help quite a bit considering I don't get my strategy guide until the 15th or 16th because of shipping errors >.>

MuhFugginMoose said:
Well, haven't seen this posted yet so, here: :)

Kalos Starer spoilers....Data Gathering is not FULLY complete
Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox
>BST - 530
75/70/70/120/90/105
>Abilities
Blaze (Powers up Fire-type moves when low on health)
Magic Coat (takes half damage from special attacks)
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Human-Like

>Move Set
Scratch
Tail Whip
Ember
Quick Attack
Flame Charge
Lightscreen
Calm Mind
Psyshock
Fire Spin
Mystical Fire
Flamethrower
Barrier
Fire Pledge
Hypnosis
Psychic
Fire Blast

>TM/HM (not complete)
Psyshock
Calm Mind
Toxic
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Protect
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Rest
Attract
Incinerate
Will-o-Wisp
Dream Eater
Trick Room
Cut (HM)

Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja line

>BST - 530
85/90/70/95/65/125
>Abilities
Torrent (Powers up Water-type moves when low on health)
Protean (Changes Pokemon's type to user's move)
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Water 1

>Move Set
Tackle
Growl
Bubble
Lick
Water Sport
Aqua Jet
Thief
Water Pulse
Switcheroo
Double Team
Water Shuriken
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Water Pledge
Night Slash
Hydro Pump

>TM/HM (not complete)
Calm Mind
Taunt
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam
Rain Dance
Aerial Ace
Scald
Fling
Surf (HM)
Waterfall (HM)
Dive (HM)

Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught

>BST - 530
90/105/125/75/70/65
>Abilities
Overgrow (Powers up Grass-type moves when low on health)
Guardian (Its Defense is gradually boosted)
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Grass

>Move Set (not complete)
Tackle
Leer
Bullet Seed
Leech Seed
Bite
Rock Smash
Quick Guard
Spikey Shield
Needle Arm
Seed Bomb
Brick Break
Wood Hammer
Close Combat

>TM/HM (not complete)
Dragon Claw
Bulk Up
Solar Beam
Protect
Earthquake
Focus Blast
Stone Edge
Grass Knot
Power-up Punch
Cut (HM)
Strength (HM)

Is it me, or is the ratio of females way too high?

WitherSnow said:
Reggie McGigas said:

CoolJosh10 said:

First off, it's just my opinion, I could care less about the fines. I'm just saying that breaking the street date violated a lot of rules and it should be justified. You have to remember that people have been planning this for a long time and something like that happening ruins sales and reputation. If we wanted to truly see the games early, we would have just dealt with the regular tradition of Japan getting the games first and we'd be waiting months for the game to be translated. Gamefreak/Nintendo wanted to break that tradition and let the whole world experience this event on the same day. People that reviewed the game may have posted leaks but Gamefreak/Nintendo has been trying to stop that. I'm just saying that it's only 2 more days and unless you die tomorrow, you can wait.

Edit: Never mind, just saw the apology.

FT10 said:
MuhFugginMoose said:

Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox
>BST - 530
75/70/70/120/90/105
>Abilities
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Human-Like

>Move Set
Scratch
Tail Whip
Ember
Quick Attack
Flame Charge
Lightscreen
Calm Mind
Psyshock
Fire Spin
Mystical Fire
Flamethrower
Barrier
Fire Pledge
Hypnosis
Psychic
Fire Blast

>TM/HM (not complete)
Psyshock
Calm Mind
Toxic
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Protect
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Rest
Attract
Incinerate
Will-o-Wisp
Dream Eater
Trick Room
Cut (HM)

>BST - 530
85/90/70/95/65/125
>Abilities
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Water 1

>Move Set
Tackle
Growl
Bubble
Lick
Water Sport
Aqua Jet
Thief
Water Pulse
Switcheroo
Double Team
Water Shuriken
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Water Pledge
Night Slash
Hydro Pump

>TM/HM (not complete)
Calm Mind
Taunt
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam
Rain Dance
Aerial Ace
Scald
Fling
Surf (HM)
Waterfall (HM)
Dive (HM)

>BST - 530
90/105/125/75/70/65
>Abilities
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Grass

>Move Set (not complete)
Tackle
Leer
Bullet Seed
Leech Seed
Bite
Rock Smash
Quick Guard
Spikey Shield
Needle Arm
Seed Bomb
Brick Break
Wood Hammer
Close Combat

>TM/HM (not complete)
Dragon Claw
Bulk Up
Solar Beam
Protect
Earthquake
Focus Blast
Stone Edge
Grass Knot
Power-up Punch
Cut (HM)
Strength (HM)

Woah! I didn't even notice that! Looks like I won't have to soft reset too much to get a female!

FT10 said:
MuhFugginMoose said:

Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox
>BST - 530
75/70/70/120/90/105
>Abilities
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Human-Like

>Move Set
Scratch
Tail Whip
Ember
Quick Attack
Flame Charge
Lightscreen
Calm Mind
Psyshock
Fire Spin
Mystical Fire
Flamethrower
Barrier
Fire Pledge
Hypnosis
Psychic
Fire Blast

>TM/HM (not complete)
Psyshock
Calm Mind
Toxic
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Protect
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Rest
Attract
Incinerate
Will-o-Wisp
Dream Eater
Trick Room
Cut (HM)

>BST - 530
85/90/70/95/65/125
>Abilities
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Water 1

>Move Set
Tackle
Growl
Bubble
Lick
Water Sport
Aqua Jet
Thief
Water Pulse
Switcheroo
Double Team
Water Shuriken
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Water Pledge
Night Slash
Hydro Pump

>TM/HM (not complete)
Calm Mind
Taunt
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam
Rain Dance
Aerial Ace
Scald
Fling
Surf (HM)
Waterfall (HM)
Dive (HM)

>BST - 530
90/105/125/75/70/65
>Abilities
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Grass

>Move Set (not complete)
Tackle
Leer
Bullet Seed
Leech Seed
Bite
Rock Smash
Quick Guard
Spikey Shield
Needle Arm
Seed Bomb
Brick Break
Wood Hammer
Close Combat

>TM/HM (not complete)
Dragon Claw
Bulk Up
Solar Beam
Protect
Earthquake
Focus Blast
Stone Edge
Grass Knot
Power-up Punch
Cut (HM)
Strength (HM)

I'm not complaining. One of the things I do is breed pokemon like Crazy, and if the starters get good egg moves, I won't have to reboot too much to get them.

FT10 said:
MuhFugginMoose said:

Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox
>BST - 530
75/70/70/120/90/105
>Abilities
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Human-Like

>Move Set
Scratch
Tail Whip
Ember
Quick Attack
Flame Charge
Lightscreen
Calm Mind
Psyshock
Fire Spin
Mystical Fire
Flamethrower
Barrier
Fire Pledge
Hypnosis
Psychic
Fire Blast

>TM/HM (not complete)
Psyshock
Calm Mind
Toxic
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Protect
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Rest
Attract
Incinerate
Will-o-Wisp
Dream Eater
Trick Room
Cut (HM)

>BST - 530
85/90/70/95/65/125
>Abilities
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Water 1

>Move Set
Tackle
Growl
Bubble
Lick
Water Sport
Aqua Jet
Thief
Water Pulse
Switcheroo
Double Team
Water Shuriken
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Water Pledge
Night Slash
Hydro Pump

>TM/HM (not complete)
Calm Mind
Taunt
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam
Rain Dance
Aerial Ace
Scald
Fling
Surf (HM)
Waterfall (HM)
Dive (HM)

>BST - 530
90/105/125/75/70/65
>Abilities
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Grass

>Move Set (not complete)
Tackle
Leer
Bullet Seed
Leech Seed
Bite
Rock Smash
Quick Guard
Spikey Shield
Needle Arm
Seed Bomb
Brick Break
Wood Hammer
Close Combat

>TM/HM (not complete)
Dragon Claw
Bulk Up
Solar Beam
Protect
Earthquake
Focus Blast
Stone Edge
Grass Knot
Power-up Punch
Cut (HM)
Strength (HM)

No, it is finally realistic for once. The population has a chance of surviving this way. Seriously, with how it used to be, all the male wild starters (that exist in theory) would kill each other off trying to win the females.

Not to mention, if a lot of the females were captured by Trainers and not allowed to breed, the population would all die off because it couldn't reproduce.

Maybe this explains why we couldn't find starters in the wild in previous generations. 0.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back