XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

FT10 said:
MuhFugginMoose said:
Well, haven't seen this posted yet so, here: :)

Kalos Starer spoilers....Data Gathering is not FULLY complete
Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox
>BST - 530
75/70/70/120/90/105
>Abilities
Blaze (Powers up Fire-type moves when low on health)
Magic Coat (takes half damage from special attacks)
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Human-Like

>Move Set
Scratch
Tail Whip
Ember
Quick Attack
Flame Charge
Lightscreen
Calm Mind
Psyshock
Fire Spin
Mystical Fire
Flamethrower
Barrier
Fire Pledge
Hypnosis
Psychic
Fire Blast

>TM/HM (not complete)
Psyshock
Calm Mind
Toxic
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Protect
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Rest
Attract
Incinerate
Will-o-Wisp
Dream Eater
Trick Room
Cut (HM)

Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja line

>BST - 530
85/90/70/95/65/125
>Abilities
Torrent (Powers up Water-type moves when low on health)
Protean (Changes Pokemon's type to user's move)
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Water 1

>Move Set
Tackle
Growl
Bubble
Lick
Water Sport
Aqua Jet
Thief
Water Pulse
Switcheroo
Double Team
Water Shuriken
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Water Pledge
Night Slash
Hydro Pump

>TM/HM (not complete)
Calm Mind
Taunt
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam
Rain Dance
Aerial Ace
Scald
Fling
Surf (HM)
Waterfall (HM)
Dive (HM)

Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught

>BST - 530
90/105/125/75/70/65
>Abilities
Overgrow (Powers up Grass-type moves when low on health)
Guardian (Its Defense is gradually boosted)
>Gender Ratio
50% Male, 50% Female
>Egg Group
Grass

>Move Set (not complete)
Tackle
Leer
Bullet Seed
Leech Seed
Bite
Rock Smash
Quick Guard
Spikey Shield
Needle Arm
Seed Bomb
Brick Break
Wood Hammer
Close Combat

>TM/HM (not complete)
Dragon Claw
Bulk Up
Solar Beam
Protect
Earthquake
Focus Blast
Stone Edge
Grass Knot
Power-up Punch
Cut (HM)
Strength (HM)

Is it me, or is the ratio of females way too high?

SEXIST! Jk, but maybe they did it to make it seem more fair. I mean, why were they even all mostly male? (I left this sitting here not even posted for a while lol)

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

MuhFugginMoose said:
Enjoy!

tumblr_muhc1n8zBk1r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg

Mega-Medicham looks really cool :)

GoomyFan85 said:
So I heard about the many forums of Vivillion's wings. Will those wings change if you trade them from one game to another? Because I might just have to get 1 of each of them.

You know, I was thinking about those wings earlier, and remembered the Global Terminal. Maybe you can get a different one depending on where you set your country to be as long as you catch/evolve it while set to said location. Basically, let's say you live in Canada and set it to China. You get a Scatterbug and evolve it completely to Vivillon and it comes out China's pattern. Then you change your location to Germany and get Germany's pattern after catching another Vivillon or evolving another Spewpa.
If it works like this, I'll be so happy because I really want Brazil's pattern!

Rune Yagami said:
FT10 said:
Is it me, or is the ratio of females way too high?

No, it is finally realistic for once. The population has a chance of surviving this way. Seriously, with how it used to be, all the male wild starters (that exist in theory) would kill each other off trying to win the females.

Not to mention, if a lot of the females were captured by Trainers and not allowed to breed, the population would all die off because it couldn't reproduce.

Maybe this explains why we couldn't find starters in the wild in previous generations. 0.o

That is genuinely a good explanation for the whole starter pokemon dynamic. I always thought they were very rare species; it explains why you don't encounter many other trainers who have them, and why you can't find them in the wild. There are too many males to females to maintain a good breeding population, so a lot of the specimens end up in the hands of pokemon professors, who are conservationists of sorts. Makes sense.

Vivillon pattern discussion here:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-vivillon-secret-of-the-wings-pictures-and-theories

XY trading forum here:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum-x-y-wi-fi-central

Take any discussion or potential trades there or discuss in real time on the chat or through your profile messages.

Speaking of trading, can anyone confirm if what I'm reading about Pumpkaboo being a trade evolution is true or not? (Because that would piss me off royally)

LordTerminal said:
Speaking of trading, can anyone confirm if what I'm reading about Pumpkaboo being a trade evolution is true or not? (Because that would piss me off royally)

Personally, I'd rather be pissed off than pissed on, wouldn't you?

In all seriousness, I haven't seen this rumor before, and I've read every single page of this thread more than once. So it hasn't come through here for you to find confirmation/disproof here on this thread.

Some speculation:

I doubt Pumpkaboo is a trade evolution. As far as I know, trade evolutions usually have some sort of reason. Version exclusive pair perhaps? The only logical thing to pair it with is Phantump, and I think we have confirmation (earlier in this thread) that neither is version-exclusive. I may be wrong however.

Speaking of... Where do you think we'll find Pumpkabook and Phantump?
They're not in the first forest that we've seen thus far... so where else would the duo be found?

I don't think they're exclusives either, mostly because it would've been confirmed already (wouldn't it) and because, remember the duo from Gen V that were in the same game as one another and had the same formula as discussed such as trading one for the other will cause the evolution.

But, as mentioned, they probably evolve the usual way and not vial trading.
I suppose we won't know until Saturday (or later if it may be).

Anyone else in the Western Hemisphere going to avoid spoilers from our eastern neighbors tomorrow? It's 2:20 PM in Japan right now, so they will all legally have the game (and be able to spoil everything) in about 10 hours. I'd rather avoid plot spoilers, and that's pretty much all that's yet to be revealed.

TomoEGoto said:
Speaking of... Where do you think we'll find Pumpkabook and Phantump?
They're not in the first forest that we've seen thus far... so where else would the duo be found?

And I don't think they're exclusives either, mostly because it would've been confirmed already (wouldn't it) and because, remember the duo from Gen V that were in the same game as one another and had the same formula as discussed such as trading one for the other will cause the evolution.

You're thinking of Karrablast and Shelmet. But I don't think that is what this guy is saying. He's saying Pumpkaboo has to be traded (for anything) to evolve. If it was a special trade of Pumpkaboo and Phantump just like they did with Shelmet and Karrablast, it would feel rather stale and recycled.

Cilan would say it has a rather bland flavor.

I was never a fan of Medicham, in fact I really disliked it because of always running into it and Meditite in Diamond, but Mega Medicham looks pretty neat! Love the design. I wonder what GF does to decide which Pokemon get a Mega. Abomasnow and Medicham seem rather, random, IMO

What's about other fossil Pokemon ? Like Omastar , Kabutops, Cradily, Rampardos, Bastiodon, Carracosta .
Why has nobody found them yet ? Do other fossil pokemon exist in this gen ?

Aerodactyl is one of fossil Pokemon and has Mega Evolution .
Do you think other fossil Pokemon have Mega Evolution too ?

Couple quick questions if anyone can help or point me in the right direction.

What lvl do these guys evolve or in what way: Goomy - Sliggoo - Goodra, Phantump - Trevenant, Noibat - Noivern, Amaura - Auroras?

Where is the earliest chance to catch a Goomy?

Thanks.

Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own t...

kangle4 said:
Couple quick questions if anyone can help or point me in the right direction.

What lvl do these guys evolve or in what way: Goomy - Sliggoo - Goodra, Phantump - Trevenant, Noibat - Noivern, Amaura - Auroras?

Where is the earliest chance to catch a Goomy?

Thanks.

You can catch Goomy just before the 6th gym! Not sure about the levels for the others! Haven't even seen a Noibat/Noivern! (Or Phantump/Trevenant for that matter).

garbodorable said:
Rune Yagami said:
No, it is finally realistic for once. The population has a chance of surviving this way. Seriously, with how it used to be, all the male wild starters (that exist in theory) would kill each other off trying to win the females.

Not to mention, if a lot of the females were captured by Trainers and not allowed to breed, the population would all die off because it couldn't reproduce.

Maybe this explains why we couldn't find starters in the wild in previous generations. 0.o

That is genuinely a good explanation for the whole starter pokemon dynamic. I always thought they were very rare species; it explains why you don't encounter many other trainers who have them, and why you can't find them in the wild. There are too many males to females to maintain a good breeding population, so a lot of the specimens end up in the hands of pokemon professors, who are conservationists of sorts. Makes sense.

I totally agree. I would be really happy if this ratio were true. I don't recall having more than one female starter. Also, I'm of the opinion that Delphox would be more suited to a female gender given its design.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but it seems the Clefairy family has been confirmed to be pure Fairy-type now. A certain website (which I cannot name thanks to the rules) claims to have battled Clefable; they report that it's immune to Dragon-type attacks and resists Fighting-type attacks, which indicates a pure Fairy-type.

-EDIT-
Mega Pinsir confirmed! Bug/Flying, has a Flying-type variant of Refrigerate and Pixelate called Aerilate.

Kurai.D.Chronos said:
I think i haven't seen this:
g20x.jpg

I couldn't decide which color flower used by Flabebe evo line I wanted but I think I have found the one. White looks great!

jdivinity said:
Kurai.D.Chronos said:
I think i haven't seen this:
g20x.jpg

I couldn't decide which color flower used by Flabebe evo line I wanted but I think I have found the one. White looks great!

this is other what i also have not seen
nnvo.jpg

MuhFugginMoose said:
Dat Mega Pinsir. :3

00473.png

Holy hell in a Heracross's hated foe! That is no longer a bug I wanna mess around with! Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back