XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

It only takes 2 trades, you only have to show the Pokémon in both trades. You don't need to have an actual swap.

RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

PokeChimpo said:
Has anyone else had it happen where a random passerby will challenge you to a battle, wait until it gets to the Pokemon team pick then disconnect? It has happened to me several times, and it's always the passerby.. Is there something I'm missing here?

The passerby will see that you have a Proper team, and will disconnect because they think they will lose.

Wow some trade partners tak at least 5 or more trades for me XD.:)

I don't trade with passerby's. I feel like it's quicker and easier to wonder trade, at least that way you can get something good.

So I can't remember if there was a thread for this on it's own, so please move it if there is. This doesn't exactly fit into the playthrough thread sine it's more of a post-game thing.

Anyway, could one of you explain to me (in a simplified way) how to IV breed? I think there was a post about it somewhere, but but not sure. I know the Destiny Knot is involved for passing down some the parents IVs, and there's an item that helps pass down the nature, but I'm clueless pass that.

Well, let's use an example here. I want a 5 iv Venusaur. To get this I will need to catch two Ivysaur from the friend safari with their two perfect iv's being different (all safari pokemon have two perfect stats guaranteed), and one of them will need to have the nature I want to pass down (this is easier with sychronize pokemon). Then take the two ivysaur, and put them in the daycare, one with the destiny knot (guarantees that the pokemon pass down 5 ivs out of the 12 total between the 2) and the one with the good nature holds the everstone to pass down the good nature. Then you breed until you get one with 3 perfect ivs, and swap it with one of the 2 iv ones, and repeat this process of swapping better ivd pokemon for worse ivd pokemon until you get the ivs you want.

Hope that was simple enough.

It was, thank you. =3

[private]I told Austin today that Thank you messages shouldn't be posted, but they should "like" the post instead. Let's see if he spots it. *Drohn [/private]

It's actually a lot harder than it sounds... well not hard, just time consuming... cause the Destiny Knot passes random IVs from either parent, it totally skips the 5 IVs on my Male Frogadier and passes down the blanks of the Female instead...

At least you don't need to evolve it to breed. Try breeding an Elekid... that took forever to get 5IVs thanks to Elekid not being able to breed and needing to evolve at Lv 30.

Also I'm curious if the Bracer items passes down 31 IVs randomly or just whatever the parent holding it has... if it's holding a Power Bracer for Atk and has only 10 IVs... does that mean it only passes 10 for Atk and will never be 31 or randomly passes a value up to 31?

The Power Items it uses whichever parent is holding it so you'd never get any other value.

Alright, if I'm not posting this in the right place, let me know and I can delete/edit the post. But I had a question regarding EV mechanics. If I used super training to maximize the EVs of a level 1 Pokemon, then used rare candy to level up that Pokemon, would I get the increased stats from the EVs or not? Thanks in advance.

Yes, the stat increases should show after the rare candy. But I think they are recalculated before this, almost immediately after super training. And you won't get the increased stats all at once, but gradually until it's level 100.

In Gen 5, stat/EV mechanics were changed. In gen 3/4, you had to level up or put a pokemon in the PC to apply stat changes due to EVs (with the exception of the Pomeg glitch). In gen 5 (and still in gen 6) any stat changes are applied the moment EVs are gained/lost. The full effects of EVs won't manifest until level 100, but there is a noticeable difference in most cases (like at level 50).

[split] Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

Just a heads up for everyone. If you need a Pokemon I can getit for you as my dex is done until the 27th. As soon as I can get the last 122 Pokemon my X will be complete but for now it is complete XD.:)

Posting to inform everyone that rating battles are back. There is an update you will have to download in the Nintendo eshop which is free.

[split] Shiny Pokémon Less Rare in X / Y

Guys! I just caught my first shiny yesterday! I was EV training and found a shiny Wingull! I was so hype. This is the second time that I found a shiny while EV training so I'm guessing that every time I EV train, I'll find a shiny (hopefully). However, now that I'm typing this it does sound much more ridiculous.

RE: Shiny Pokémon Less Rare in X / Y

Momaster12 said:
Guys! I just caught my first shiny yesterday! I was EV training and found a shiny Wingull! I was so hype. This is the second time that I found a shiny while EV training so I'm guessing that every time I EV train, I'll find a shiny (hopefully). However, now that I'm typing this it does sound much more ridiculous.

This awesome new thing called Super Training...

Jakeremix said:
Momaster12 said:

Ev training with hordes is so much quicker, it only takes like 5 minutes to fully ev 1 stat.

Spartansn1p3r said:
Jakeremix said:

Ev training with hordes is so much quicker, it only takes like 5 minutes to fully ev 1 stat.

Are hordes common enough to rely on them for EV training...?

[split] Shiny Pokémon Less Rare in X / Y

Jakeremix said:
Spartansn1p3r said:

Are hordes common enough to rely on them for EV training...?

You can use sweet scent to summon hordes every time unless it's raining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back