XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

Anyone here played Pokémon Snakewood, that sexy, sexy hack by Cutlerine? He used Ramshaker over Bouffalant, but not because Bouffalant didn't belong, he said it was a difficult decision, because Bouffalant deserved to evolve from Calfby like the others, he just liked Ramshaker more.

Seriously though, why can't the pre-evo have a Tyrogue type of situation, and be able to evolve into Miltank, Tauros, AND Bouffalant? Sure, the stats are very different in Bouffalant's case, but he deserves an evo/prevo too... :(

RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

Metalizard said:
jynxed said:
Well the evos and pre-evos don't necessarily have to go hand-in-hand. Jynx got a pre-evo in gen 2 but Mr. Mime didn't until gen 4 and they're basically counterparts and Scyther got an evo in gen 2 but Pinsir still hasn't. Mawile and Sableye are as much a pair as those are. And I never understand why people want pre-evos instead of evos. The only reasoning I could see for having them is so that LC doesn't get something ridiculous like Pinsir if it evolves. Why a Carnivine pre-evo without a Carnivine evo? It's so pointless. Carnivine would much rather evolve.

Mr. Mime was never a counterpart to Jynx... Jynx made a trio with Magmar and Electabuzz, even if it doesn't belong to the group anymore (I really think it's unfair Jynx didn't got an evo in Gen IV, I still see them as a trio).
Pinsir still hasn't got an evo and I think it won't anytime soon because even though Scyther got an evo, Pinsir gained a new counterpart in Heracross, which makes more sense, since both are based on types of beetles...

Also, people talking about Bouffalant... Miltank and Taurus are female and male counterparts, period. Bouffalant has no business with those two...

If you guys wanna talk about counterparts (or version exclusives) that got different treatments over time, I mention again the Jynx example; Mantine got a pre-evo but Skarmory didn't; Gloom gained a 2nd evo, but Weepinbell didn't;... there's probably more cases I can't remember now...

Why do you think Jynx is a trio with Magmar and Electabuzz? It makes no sense. However, Mr. Mime and Jynx differ in BST by 5 (like Magmar and Electabuzz), they get moves at the same level in RBY (except Jynx gets Blizzard at a high level), and they're both only available via in-game trade. It makes way more sense for her to be a pair with Mr. Mime than Magmar and Electabuzz which don't have ANY similarities. At all.

I also view Jynx as part of a trio with Magmar and Electabuzz. I mean, the Pokedex goes Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar. Also: Ice, Electric, Fire. What other trio from Gen 1 is there with these types? Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres, which also goes in that order in the Dex. Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar all got pre-evos in G/S as well.

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
I also view Jynx as part of a trio with Magmar and Electabuzz. I mean, the Pokedex goes Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar. Also: Ice, Electric, Fire. What other trio from Gen 1 is there with these types? Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres, which also goes in that order in the Dex. Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar all got pre-evos in G/S as well.

Yeah, except the lack of a Jynx evo 4th gen kinda wrecks the whole trio dynamic that 1st and 2nd gen set forth.

Then stop viewing them as a trio, BECAUSE THEY NEVER WERE.

They were initially meant t be the legendary trio (as in, before the games were finished), but that never made it into the games. Which is why Electabuzz and Magmar have been a very close duo and Jynx something else from the very beginning.

I repeat, they were never a trio.

You just said they were meant to be the original legendary trio (I hadn't even heard of that until now)...
But still think they were not a trio (at least in the first gens)...
Ok...

btw, Mr. Mime now (or actually since gen 4) has a new counterpart in Sudowoodo, it seems...

Wow you really really take the term "counterpart" loosely.

jynxed said:
Wow you really really take the term "counterpart" loosely.

You can come up with a handful of definitions for "counterparts".
Sometimes it has more to do with a pokemon being a tweaked clone of another species, sometimes its about the design and concept, sometiems its both, and sometimes it jsut means version exclusives with the same amount/kind of stages.

Ive actually been writing a thread about that topic, but its still not ready after 2 months lol. Cause all those "relations" between pokemon species have never been really defined or distinguished, and if I just post a huge list, people would pick it apart by its contradictions and seemingly random pairings at times XD

Its probably fake but still interesting:

http://yellowfur.tumblr.com/post/44326321792/new-pokemon-xy-infos-gymleaders-pokemon-names-elite

Mitja said:

They were initially meant t be the legendary trio (as in, before the games were finished), but that never made it into the games. Which is why Electabuzz and Magmar have been a very close duo and Jynx something else from the very beginning.

No, they were in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen. They were placed consecutively in the National Dex (124-126), they were all unavailable in Yellow, and they all got baby forms in 2nd gen (also placed consecutively in the National Dex. They only stopped being a trio when Jynx was the only one to not get an evo 4th gen.

Some more rumours from Mr.XY

http://i.imgur.com/a6xtGcS.png

I guess we have to wait till March 15th to officially confirm that all of these are rumours, that's the date he says the Heracross and Pinsir babies are coming.

Also Houndoomed is one of the most lol worthy names I have ever heard.

Gr8Ampharos said:
OH MY GOD I WOULD LOVE THAT

except the Gym Types are weird...

Not really, because we're lacking in those GL types, as show in PWT.
Though, the only Type I disagree with is Electric type E4.

I really hope that it's real, because the Mr. XY stuff looks really bad. (Really? Only 99 Pokémon? Even 2nd gen had 100).

BTW, Mr. XY, there's almost no chance of there being no regional bird, as only about 1-5% of all Avian families have been turned into Pokémon.

Paddy185 said:
Some more rumours from Mr.XY

http://i.imgur.com/a6xtGcS.png

I guess we have to wait till March 15th to officially confirm that all of these are rumours, that's the date he says the Heracross and Pinsir babies are coming.

Also Houndoomed is one of the most lol worthy names I have ever heard.

I really can't see...don't want Fennekin turning into a Fire-Psychic, maybe Fire-Dark or Fire-Electric. I would love to see a Tyrogue evolution, where the Special Attack has to be greater than Attack and one where Special Defense has to be greater than Defense. Special Attack, Hitmninjo, for ninja, and Special Defense, Hitmonsumo, for sumo wrestler. And one where Special Attack equals Special Defense, Hitmotoreta, which is the ending of well-balanced or balance in Japanese. I didn't see anything about Tyrogue on the rumors however, where Mr. XY only said there would be:

• Kenpoe and Kwondor: (Flying/Fighting)
  • Sydknee: (Fighting, maybe a single one, but they would probably release both at once)
  • Thorhem and Sawkem: (Fighting, obviously Sawk and Throh prediction)
  • Sueyplax and Warhog: (Fighting/Ground)
  • Guardion: (Dragon/Fighting)

Hopefully this isn't the final list, but some of the Pokemon ideas look pretty cool.

frostwind said:

http://yellowfur.tumblr.com/post/44326321792/new-pokemon-xy-infos-gymleaders-pokemon-names-elite

I hope it's fake. I want an Elite Four Water-type user.

Those water-type pokemon sounds really interesting. Water/Fire, yes! Water/Poison, we'll see. Water/Ghost, another one? Interesting. Water/Steel, now we're talking!

Although, I'm disappointed the starter's a pure type.

Hope it's fake! :p

Aquapulse said:
frostwind said:

I hope it's fake. I want an Elite Four Water-type user.

Those water-type pokemon sounds really interesting. Water/Fire, yes! Water/Poison, we'll see. Water/Ghost, another one? Interesting. Water/Steel, now we're talking!

Although, I'm disappointed the starter's a pure type.

Hope it's fake! :p

The problem with having a Water Type E4 member, is it'll mean there's been at least 1 Water type GL/E4/Champion in every region.

BTW, why is there ANOTHER Water/Ghost Jellyfish Pokémon?

The Japanese rumors are pretty interesting....definitely some of the most realistic so far, and I'm not saying that because they appear to be Japanese, either. A lot more effort seemed to be put into them than usual -- right down to the GL/E4 names (the rumored list all have names relating to plants, something commonly established). And I could see the Romanized legendary names becoming real, especially Zedrassil (if the speculated Xerneas/Yveltal origin is true). It incorporates both the 'Z' that seems to be constantly brought up and Yggdrasil.

While I doubt their legitimacy, I wouldn't be upset if they were true. Plus, it's about time we had a new generation with fewer legendaries!

Re: RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

CMP said:
Plus, it's about time we had a new generation with fewer legendaries!

Nope. Make 50% of the dex legendaries.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:

No, they were in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen. They were placed consecutively in the National Dex (124-126), they were all unavailable in Yellow, and they all got baby forms in 2nd gen (also placed consecutively in the National Dex. They only stopped being a trio when Jynx was the only one to not get an evo 4th gen.

There are more similarities exclusively between Electabuzz and Magmar than there are similarities between all 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back