XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

PellOfTheTundra said:
garbodorable said:
Occam's razor. What is more likely, that at least one person in a massive localization project would anonymously leak work to the internet in 2013, or that a fan would happen to correctly guess not only two of the specific pokemon getting pre-evolutions, but also the time in which they're revealed?

Why would you put a date on something like that, with a chance to completely discredit you if you're wrong? A fraud would be more likely to "not have" upcoming date information, because that ensures they get attention for as long as possible.

I put out a second possibility.

Maybe he just guessed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Then let me put out another one:

You find many fanmade Pokemon on deviantart that look similar to Mr.XY's descriptions (only the names and some aspects are changed). I guess he just browsed through different Fakedexes, picked off one Fakemon here and there and added the starters, main legendaries and Sylveon eventually.

Although it's indeed kind of silly to give an exact date for the announcement of new Pokemon. It will snap the guy's neck finally.

PellOfTheTundra said:
garbodorable said:
Occam's razor. What is more likely, that at least one person in a massive localization project would anonymously leak work to the internet in 2013, or that a fan would happen to correctly guess not only two of the specific pokemon getting pre-evolutions, but also the time in which they're revealed?

Why would you put a date on something like that, with a chance to completely discredit you if you're wrong? A fraud would be more likely to "not have" upcoming date information, because that ensures they get attention for as long as possible.

Maybe he just guessed.

I included that possibility. I'm sorry I used too many words for you. Here, I bolded it.

It's insanely unlikely that someone would guess both the new pokemon revealed and date of reveal correctly. It's not even worth consideration.

Fennex said:
You find many fanmade Pokemon on deviantart that look similar to Mr.XY's descriptions (only the names and some aspects are changed). I guess he just browsed through different Fakedexes, picked off one Fakemon here and there and added the starters, main legendaries and Sylveon eventually.

Although it's indeed kind of silly to give an exact date for the announcement of new Pokemon. It will snap the guy's neck finally.

Yeah, it is awfully convenient that there are so many unused type combinations in his dex. Rock/Poison? Poison/Steel? Grass/Fire? I'd expect GF would use one or two of those, not all of them! Nobody cares as much about unused type combinations as obsessive-compulsive pokemon fans.:rolleyes:

On the other hand, you'll probably be able to find Fakemon that look a lot like whatever pokemon Game Freak ends up releasing... there's such a huge sample size at this point. They vastly outnumber actual pokemon.

Fennex said:

Well, the hoax is done when the next CoroCoro leaks no matter what. It's almost certain that it'll contain real new Pokémon, and once anything is confirmed that isn't on the list, the whole thing is invalidated. It's got a built-in expiration date, so he might as well make bold claims to make people believe it in the meantime.

Re: RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

garbodorable said:
PellOfTheTundra said:

Maybe he just guessed.

I included that possibility. I'm sorry I used too many words for you. Here, I bolded it.

It's insanely unlikely that someone would guess both the new pokemon revealed and date of reveal correctly. It's not even worth consideration.

Fennex said:

Yeah, it is awfully convenient that there are so many unused type combinations in his dex. Rock/Poison? Poison/Steel? Grass/Fire? I'd expect GF would use one or two of those, not all of them! Nobody cares as much about unused type combinations as obsessive-compulsive pokemon fans.:rolleyes:

On the other hand, you'll probably be able to find Fakemon that look a lot like whatever pokemon Game Freak ends up releasing... there's such a huge sample size at this point. They vastly outnumber actual pokemon.

Oh, look who can insult people without making it look like it.

All I said is that I added another damn option. Saying that it isn't worth consideration? That's just closed-minded and STUPID.

But yes. Act like you're right and everyone else is wrong. Keep on it.

DorianBlack said:
Fennex said:

Well, the hoax is done when the next CoroCoro leaks no matter what. It's almost certain that it'll contain real new Pokémon, and once anything is confirmed that isn't on the list, the whole thing is invalidated. It's got a built-in expiration date, so he might as well make bold claims to make people believe it in the meantime.

Yes, and you can tell they're fake already. 4 Dark legendaries? Seems a little off.

Suitcune said:
DorianBlack said:

Yes, and you can tell they're fake already. 4 Dark legendaries? Seems a little off.

Not saying I believe the list, but 4 Fighting legendaries(Coba, Terra, Viri, Kel)... Seemed a little off too?

Well, we have had Terrakion, Cobalion, Virizion and Keldeo for fighting, but I'm guess I'm saying they don't do it again.

NoDice said:
Suitcune said:

Not saying I believe the list, but 4 Fighting legendaries(Coba, Terra, Viri, Kel)... Seemed a little off too?

Though Keldeo was a "secret" legendary, and was numerically separated from the others.

I have a hunch that those four are based on the Chinese sì xiàng, with "Jacoq" as the bird, "Serpreine" as the dragon, "Tyrroi" as the tortoise, and "Tigrace" as the tiger. That would be an awesome theme for a group of legendaries, but it doesn't mesh with the European feel of X and Y so far.

Personally, I think a sequential legendary quartet is possible, but I don't think they'd do it unless there was a much larger Pokédex and/or legendary roster overall. These four take up the entire rest of the legendary roster for the game, which doesn't make any sense for a series with a history of increasing numbers of legendaries, including secret stand-alone ones.

(And come on, do you really think Nintendo of America would approve a name with "coq" in it?)

I dont get how this has gotten this many responses lol

I swear, this happens every time a new generation comes out, yet none of it ever turns out to be real. Did any of you read what WPM said a while back?

I guess I should know this is all just fun and no one really believes it.

I'm taking all of this with a pinch of salt. Like I always have generations before. I enjoy reading all this speculation though, no harm doing so. The speculation period part is one of the best things about a new Pokemon generation.

evilpacman said:

I swear, this happens every time a new generation comes out, yet none of it ever turns out to be real. Did any of you read what WPM said a while back?

This. Some of them are hilarious to read, though, especially that one back before XY were announced which claimed that the new games would take place in a space station (although you gotta admit, that'd be a cool spinoff idea) and featured a Digital type which had no weaknesses and resistances but enhanced other types' weaknesses and resistances. I'm still doubled over laughing at that, it's easily the most absurd rumor I've ever heard.

This sorta fits into the rumor category. I'm not sure how many of you remember 5th gen (before the games came out) and some guys Twitter account started revealing all the pokemon around a week or so early? Just bringing this up so we can keep an eye on him. (Pokexperto was his name I think)

Bolt the Cat said:
evilpacman said:

This. Some of them are hilarious to read, though, especially that one back before XY were announced which claimed that the new games would take place in a space station (although you gotta admit, that'd be a cool spinoff idea) and featured a Digital type which had no weaknesses and resistances but enhanced other types' weaknesses and resistances. I'm still doubled over laughing at that, it's easily the most absurd rumor I've ever heard.

HAH YES! DIGITAL TYPE! Thanks for reminding me about that particular rumour. So hilarious. xD

Oh god, I actually had a dream last night that all the gen 6 pokes were officially revealed and they were all the Mr. XY pokes with the addition of a Zekrom and Reshiram forme (Dark/Electric and Normal/Fire) which were like humanoid versions of them with thin, cable-like arms and legs with huge hands and feet. They were like 100 ft tall or something they didn't even fit on the page of the magazine they were in. I knew this day was coming.

Six legends sounds very believeable, considering that it would make all the sense of this world to add the secret legends as DLC so they are not know before they are actually officially revealed.

Just talking about the number of legends here, not the overall believability of this.

Teal said:
Six legends sounds very believeable, considering that it would make all the sense of this world to add the secret legends as DLC so they are not know before they are actually officially revealed.

Just talking about the number of legends here, not the overall believability of this.

Even if they did use a DLC structure for secret legendaries (which would be unnecessarily complicated compared to the current method, and I'm not sure the 3DS is even capable of stuff like that), they would still have to have placeholder spots in the game for them - remember that this site guessed at the existence of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem before they were revealed because of placeholders in the code of B/W. This means that the people working on the game have to know what the secret legendaries are at the same time as all the rest of the mons, so there's no reason not to include them in any leaked spoilers.

DorianBlack said:
Teal said:

Even if they did use a DLC structure for secret legendaries (which would be unnecessarily complicated compared to the current method, and I'm not sure the 3DS is even capable of stuff like that), they would still have to have placeholder spots in the game for them - remember that this site guessed at the existence of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem before they were revealed because of placeholders in the code of B/W. This means that the people working on the game have to know what the secret legendaries are at the same time as all the rest of the mons, so there's no reason not to include them in any leaked spoilers.

The 3DS supports DLC. The point of DLC is that these placeholders are not necessary anymore. Placeholder were needed before, because certain events had to 'activate' them. DLC works differently, and would actually update your game with the new data that is needed for, in this case, a certain Pokémon.

Pokequaza said:
DorianBlack said:

The 3DS supports DLC. The point of DLC is that these placeholders are not necessary anymore. Placeholder were needed before, because certain events had to 'activate' them. DLC works differently, and would actually update your game with the new data that is needed for, in this case, a certain Pokémon.

Good to know, but it leaves me wondering: how would players who miss the chance to download the special Legendaries go about obtaining them? A full download of DLC is beyond the scope of ordinary trading, and ordinary trading won't work if the data isn't already on the card. Also, if everyone has to download some DLC in order to get the special Pokémon, that would seem to undermine Pokémon's core philosophy, which the developers have always said is about portability (quick activation at a shop vs. long download at home) and trading (any player being able to trade and receive any compatible Pokémon). The traditional method assures that any player, even those without easy access to Wi-Fi, can obtain the Pokémon, whereas using a DLC structure would be unnecessarily complicated and exclusive.

DorianBlack said:
Pokequaza said:

Good to know, but it leaves me wondering: how would players who miss the chance to download the special Legendaries go about obtaining them? A full download of DLC is beyond the scope of ordinary trading, and ordinary trading won't work if the data isn't already on the card. Also, if everyone has to download some DLC in order to get the special Pokémon, that would seem to undermine Pokémon's core philosophy, which the developers have always said is about portability (quick activation at a shop vs. long download at home) and trading (any player being able to trade and receive any compatible Pokémon). The traditional method assures that any player, even those without easy access to Wi-Fi, can obtain the Pokémon, whereas using a DLC structure would be unnecessarily complicated and exclusive.
Patching.
Even Emerald patched the not functioning clock of R/S. When connecting to a game with the DLC your edition would just need to get patched with the new data from the other game. It must be possible with the 3DS.

Im sure even with the change to 3DS, "event pokes through DLC" still sounds way easier than it actually is on the technical side of things and practicality.

Connectivity is a big priority on pokemon games. I doubt gamefreak would take this step and make event pokemon in the form of post-release obligatory DLC. (since connected games read the stats and moves right off the pokemon they face). It would be like "hey you have to download an update for Pokémon XY" and then you would only have gotten the data making it merely possible to obtain the event..

Perhaps with formes, instead of making them exclusive to sequels, but not the pokemon itself. Even with formes gamefreak would probably merely use the DLC to add formes intorduced in sequels to the initial games.

The "event-game" can definitely change at this point in one way or another though, I'm curious to see how they'll play it, along with whether any other "traditions" might change due to adopting to new possibilities with the hardware change.

But anyhow, if I'm not mistaken, 3DS carts are not such a cake-walk to hack yet that we could expect the usual data leaks, so this should be even less of a concern (actually it never even seemed to bother anyone to begin with that we saw event pokes coming since day 1), hence even less need to unnecessarily complicate this issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back