XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokemon X/Y Rumors

Don't underestimate the 3DS. I don't think that the problem is if they CAN do it - do they WANT to do it?

Teal said:
Don't underestimate the 3DS. I don't think that the problem is if they CAN do it - do they WANT to do it?

Sure they probably can. The question is at what cost (will every kid have to understand how to download an "update" to ensure connectivity for the sake of keeping event pokes secret?) and whether its necessary.

Mitja said:
Teal said:

Sure they probably can. The question is at what cost (will every kid have to understand how to download an "update" to ensure connectivity for the sake of keeping event pokes secret?) and whether its necessary.

This. It seems this fandom forgets a lot that these games have to be designed and constructed in ways that young kids can comprehend. Plugging in a Link Cable? Easy. Trading Friend Codes? Easy. Using Mystery Gift? Easy. Not being able to trade or battle with certain people for no apparent reason because they're using Pokémon that your game card doesn't recognize and you haven't downloaded a compatibility patch? Inconvenient but logical for teens and adults, but downright confusing for kids who are young enough that data transfer basically seems like magic to them.

And let's face it, the fact that main-series Pokémon is switching to 3D battle models for the first time in late 2013 shows that the series isn't that interested in pushing the limits of the system.

DorianBlack said:
Mitja said:

This. It seems this fandom forgets a lot that these games have to be designed and constructed in ways that young kids can comprehend. Plugging in a Link Cable? Easy. Trading Friend Codes? Easy. Using Mystery Gift? Easy. Not being able to trade or battle with certain people for no apparent reason because they're using Pokémon that your game card doesn't recognize and you haven't downloaded a compatibility patch? Inconvenient but logical for teens and adults, but downright confusing for kids who are young enough that data transfer basically seems like magic to them.

And let's face it, the fact that main-series Pokémon is switching to 3D battle models for the first time in late 2013 shows that the series isn't that interested in pushing the limits of the system.
Can you read? An automatic patch on connect? It's not even "easy". There would be litterally nothing to do for you.
Also, Link Cables were NOT "easy". I mean, nobody had them when I was a child. ;__;

There is a problem when you're connecting to another player locally. Since it doesn't require you to connect to the internet, a error will occur if a patched game connects with a non-patched game.

Either way, are you suggesting that in order to battle someone online, they would have to either download the DLC Pokemon or download a patch that contains the DLC Pokemon's code? Even if it's a auto connect patch, it's terrible game design. It's like requiring everyone in a COD game to download a single gun to play multiplayer, which is funny because there's never been a DLC multiplayer weapon probably for that exact reason until recently and even then, you can't use that gun in campaign loadouts.

So, tl;dr: DLC Pokemon are practically impossible.

scuba steveE said:
There is a problem when you're connecting to another player locally. Since it doesn't require you to connect to the internet, a error will occur if a patched game connects with a non-patched game.

Either way, are you suggesting that in order to battle someone online, they would have to either download the DLC Pokemon or download a patch that contains the DLC Pokemon's code? Even if it's a auto connect patch, it's terrible game design. It's like requiring everyone in a COD game to download a single gun to play multiplayer, which is funny because there's never been a DLC multiplayer weapon probably for that exact reason until recently and even then, you can't use that gun in campaign loadouts. The most recent Black Ops 2 DLC had a DLC weapon, and COD games are patched REGULARLY, and I can confirm that players without the DLC were able to pick up the new weapon and use it online, without the DLC.

So, tl;dr: DLC Pokemon are practically impossible.
Its not impossible, if the games read each others data to play, thats what will simply happen if a DLC game faces a non-DLC game. It will load the sprite in the systems RAM, along with its stats, and if it knows moves that are DLC, those would load too. Just like it would with 2 non-DLC games, it just needs a little data transfer (how much could a DLC mon need for data anyways? Maybe 2 MB at most?). Its actually alot easier than everyone is making it out to be. IF they did DLC, we could in theory, indefinitely expand the Pokedex with brand new Pokemon for years after its release. Another thing it would allow is expanding game areas, or change them, or adding a completely new area like the Sevii Islands or Torn World.

@bold: Yes I know and I don't need to say why Black Ops 2 needs to the patched regularly.:rolleyes: Wait, how did people get the gun without the DLC package?

Yes that's possible, but we're talking about the 3DS's online capabilities, which is a improvement over the DS's, but not by much. I would be afraid that it would make the loading time atrocious and it could cause severe lag. I'm not sure how much data it would take, but remember, we're talking about full 3D models, it will definitely take up more than 2 MB. You're making it sound easier than it is.

Here's some more rumors to discuss. I think they're pretty interesting, and they talk about the newest release of Corocoro coming out on the 15th.

Sylveon is the Kashinfuu Pokemon, "Spring Wind". It is a pure-Flying Eevee Evolution, and is also 100% Female. Evolution method isn't stated exactly, but it evolves through its "bonds" with another Pokemon reaching a fever pitch. It further teases this by promising information on a new evolution mechanic in the future.

*The magazine expands on the Starters and Legendaries, with Species and Types:

Chespin is the Igaguri Pokemon, "Chestnut".
Fennekin is the Kitsunemimi Pokemon, "Fox Ears".
Froakie is the Kaeru Pokemon, "Frog".
Xerneas is the CHI (written out in romanji) Pokemon. Psychic/Ground.
Yveltal is the PSI (written out in romanji) Pokemon. Fighting/Flying.

Magazine has little speculative blurbs about them. Mentions how Chespin seems to be wearing a "hat", and wonders if it can be removed. Fennekin's blurb points out the fluff within its ears and questions if it's able to hear with all that fluff. Froakie's questions about the function of the clouds on its back, and wonders if it stores anything in it. Xerneas' points out the rainbow glow coming from its horns and asks what kind of power they contain, and Yveltal's mentions how its tail has a third hand on the end.

Next issue will apparently reveal the secret of Xerneas and Yveltal, and the meaning of CHI and PSI.

*There are three New Pokemon revealed advertising New Evolutions and Pre-Evolutions of older Pokemon alongside Sylveon, alongside their Sugimori Art and an in-game screen-shot:

Arutarosu [アルタロス], which is said to be the pre-evolution of Tauros. Normal. Species is Kengyuu Pokemon, "cow-puller", apparently from "kengyuusei", the "Puller of Cow Star". 19.7 kg. 0.9 m. Is a little brown bull, with only one tail, and ears instead of horns. Has a "cowbell" charm on its neck, a circular piece of metal with bull horns coming out the sides. The magazine indicates that it uses the cowbell to lead other Pokemon, and the in-game screen-shot shows musical notes coming from the bell in a battle.

Koorain [コーライン], which is said to be the evolution of Torkoal. Fire. Species is Sekitan Pokemon, "Coal", same as Torkoal. Very large Torkoal, with black "train tracks" lines running down its neck down its stomach, and around its legs. Has two "smoke stack" horns on the top of its head. Shell is larger, with two openings on both sides which are opened up like shafts, red fire seen inside. 291.8 kg. 2.8 m. Its in-game picture shows a red flame emitting from it in a fight against a Torkoal, Torkoal in the foreground, Koorain in the back, with the magazine pointing out the size difference between the two.

Yamemasu [ヤメマス], which is an alternate-evolution to Wynaut and a counterpart to Wobbuffet. Psychic. Species is the Kibaya Pokemon, "quick-tempered". Looks a lot like Wobbuffet, with a red zig-zag around its neck as its head is red, and it's got meaner looking (><) eyes as they're narrowing downward. Even the eyes on its tail look mad. Its arms are layered like a paper fan, and its swatting them. It's slightly skinnier, with its legs a bit raised and less flabby. 28.5 kg. 1.3 m. Its in-game picture has it swatting its arms at a Wobbuffet in battle in some kind of attack, and the magazine points out how it's able to attack on its own unlike Wobbuffet.

ChillBill said:
Whoa, that's a lot of stuff! Does anyone know how reliable are its sources?

0%

That goes for any "leaks" and "rumors". Especially if they give more info than you can read in 10 seconds. I mean heck the games are more than half a year away

The only thing you can trust is
-corocoro scans posted as actual news in the middle of every month
-any updates to the official site.

Unless its either of those two, its fake.

Mitja said:
ChillBill said:

0%

That goes for any "leaks" and "rumors". Especially if they give more info than you can read in 10 seconds. I mean heck the games are more than half a year away

or is its from a reliable source (for example if Junichi Masuda tweets about it :p)

but seriously is there any other source of information because i remember when black and white were being released there were fakes that matched the real ones (for example http://pokebeach.com/2010/07/toys-reveal-a-new-pokemon or http://pokebeach.com/2010/07/preview-of-black-and-white-anime-new-pokemon-revealed ) and turns out they were real...BTW does anybody know where these were first leaked?

Mitja said:
ChillBill said:

0%

And Pokemon Smash.

It's a possibility. Like I said, he is a reliable source so who knows. And it is also a little believable considering Mewtwo's place in the upcoming movie.

Mewthree sounds way too impossible. Mew and Mewtwo have a unique story, adding another member more than 15 years later is quite improbable.
Plus, the movies don't really affect the game, except in the release of event-only Pokemon. But the movie is about Mewtwo and Genesect, not Mewthree.

Pokequaza said:
McMuffins said:
https://plus.google.com/+pokexperto/posts/7UJMRbnN3hD Sorry it's in Spanish. I didn't have time/am not fluent enough to translate all of it. It seems fake to me but it comes from a reliable source (guy who leaked 5th gen around a week early)

For those not able to understand Spanish, here are some highlights or the rumor:

- 169 Pokémon, at least 45 are legendary.
- You steal your starter Pokémon after murdering its owner.
- Garchomp will evolve, introducing a ''fourth'' stage.
- StreetPass is used to steal Pokémon from actual players...

Should I even bother continuing this?

Mewtwo's second form Mewthree.
Being able to change their clothing but not the horrible names.
You're a gangster.
Putting Machoke's arms and Galvantula's eyes to Magikarp.

Really nonsense.

Flygon2071 said:
Mitja said:
0%

And Pokemon Smash.

pokemon smash = update on official site the following days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back