XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors, Speculation and Potential Spoilers

trilogique said:
nightkeeper said:
After "leaks" were revealed, the thread went crazy, with people creating accounts simply to contribute to the madness.

I personally don't believe any of the leaks because the leaker didn't know how to use the most basic grammar and I doubt he could get his hands on a review copy of the game.

Once again. Madness.
as I said before, English is likely not his first language. and if we assume his IP is legit, he is from Italy which is not an English speaking country.

I don't think there is much evidence suggesting these aren't real other than people wanting to live in denial. the overworld screenshot of the Stonehenge area is very convincing.

My one question is, while I believe this guy is legit, why is he playing in English if it's clear that it's not his first language and his IP comes from Italy?

Call me stupid but isn't that Torchic gif from an official video that mentions the Torchic distribution? Not sure how it's related to the fakes shared today...

nightkeeper said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
I just woke up. Can someone summarize what's going on?

After "leaks" were revealed, the thread went crazy, with people creating accounts simply to contribute to the madness.

I personally don't believe any of the leaks because the leaker didn't know how to use the most basic grammar and I doubt he could get his hands on a review copy of the game.

Once again. Madness.

So are you saying based on his grammar you question his ability to obtain a game early and simply take photos, but suggesting he has sufficient ability to produce rather convincing photo-shopped images?

95% of me believes all of this. One thing I will say though, if he claims the Pokedex is in 3D. Why are the Pokedex images of 'Binacle' on the bottom 2D Screen?

Anthony Quintessenza said:
trilogique said:
as I said before, English is likely not his first language. and if we assume his IP is legit, he is from Italy which is not an English speaking country.

I don't think there is much evidence suggesting these aren't real other than people wanting to live in denial. the overworld screenshot of the Stonehenge area is very convincing.

My one question is, while I believe this guy is legit, why is he playing in English if it's clear that it's not his first language and his IP comes from Italy?
did he post a picture of actual text in the game that says he's playing an English copy? I can't find one.

trilogique said:
did he post a picture of actual text in the game that says he's playing an English copy? I can't find one.

No. No images he posted have text.

Again... This picture of him look like a fake:

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1380468660837.jpg

I mean... It don't look like a 3d model. It's to flat.

trilogique said:

All the attack names, attack types (ie: flying, fighting,) and Pokemon names seemed like they were for the English versions.

Thure said:

I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT YOU CAN TURN 3D OFF.

trilogique said:

All the attack names, attack types (ie: flying, fighting,) and Pokemon names seemed like they were for the English versions.

Those were from unrelated images.

He edited his posts but they are still visible in quotes. To think this all started on page 69, quite the explosion!

A shame we scared him away before a Chespin final evo pic... :c

Pssst! My PM box will be always ready ~

mrphan said:
nightkeeper said:

Once again. Madness.

So are you saying based on his grammar you question his ability to obtain a game early and simply take photos, but suggesting he has sufficient ability to produce rather convincing photo-shopped images?

Precisely.

I didn't take into account that maybe his first language isn't English, my apologies. It just all seemed fishy to me, he came on posting random stuff and then just booked it? I think it was simply to incite chaos in the thread and to monitor people's reactions. A cruel, sick joke, considering the tension of people really wanting leaks.

I don't think the final evolution of Froakie is real, but I must say, the Flying/Fighting bird is making me think twice... It looks well designed.

illmtu said:
95% of me believes all of this. One thing I will say though, if he claims the Pokedex is in 3D. Why are the Pokedex images of 'Binacle' on the bottom 2D Screen?
I'm assuming that the big button you can see on the bottom screen is for switching the pokemon between top and bottom. Top screen so you can see it in 3D, bottom screen so you can mess around with angles and stuff.

trilogique said:

Again, this guy isn't the one who posted the pics with Froakie's Evo and the initial Hawklucha shot (with the attack screen etc)...This guy posted one shot of the character walking in the overworld, a battle between Emolga and Quiladin, a clear shot of Hawklucha (no moves shown) and the Two-headed Sea Creature pokemon. None showed in-game text, I believe Italian Pokemon have the same name as English ones so no way to tell what version they were playing or in what language

If you look at WPM's original leaker he began to give us "fake" info to cover up his tracks once we knew his information, basically trying to lead us to believing we were being given fake info (even though some of it turned out to be true). I find it very odd that he gives us these never before seen shots to, out of no where, say he photoshopped them. That luchador hawk appeared twice and the version he showed us was so clear. Yet, why is saying he loves us. I don't hate it, like thanks for the love and all, but its kind of sketchy. The only "mystery" I guess is him using a webcam. Why not a phone, or a camera. I'm not the biggest expert on webcams, but I don't know why use a webcam instead of another device which could give us clearer pics....

Ohman177 said:
Thure said:

You know... It would still be a 3D model! All pokemon in this game a 3d models. This have nothing to do with the 3d effect of the 3ds.

Baktwerel said:
He edited his posts but they are still visible in quotes. To think this all started on page 69, quite the explosion!

We didn't scare him away. He said himself that he was done before everything exploded. Then he watched as it exploded only to come back to say he faked it. Either because
A. He was messing with us the whole time and wanted it to get out of hand so he could watch, only to come back and dash all our dreams.
or
B. He was honest and didn't expect it to get as big as it did. So, when it did explode, he decided to cover his tracks by making multiple posts saying it was a joke.

Note: He did remove his posts which point to letter B being the more plausible one. I, however, still think it's fake because my God i refuse to accept that "Binacle" pokemon or whatever.

Thure said:
Ohman177 said:

You know... It would still be a 3D model! All pokemon in this game a 3d models. This have nothing to do with the 3d effect of the 3ds.

It would still be flatter. PLUS the images of the pokemon are in the lower 3DS screen. The one that doesn't have 3D to begin with.

Ohman177 said:
Baktwerel said:

We didn't scare him away. He said himself that he was done before everything exploded. Then he watched as it exploded only to come back to say he faked it. Either because
A. He was messing with us the whole time and wanted it to get out of hand so he could watch, only to come back and dash all our dreams.
or
B. He was honest and didn't expect it to get as big as it did. So, when it did explode, he decided to cover his tracks by making multiple posts saying it was a joke.

Note: He did remove his posts which point to letter B being the more plausible one. I, however, still think it's fake because my God i refuse to accept that "Binacle" pokemon or whatever.

The fact that he may didn't expect it to be a big hit while we made the thread explode might be what scared him away xD Poor guy.

And yeah, that Pokemon does look ugly but then again it wouldn't be the first ugly Pokemon, right? And for all we know it could evolve into something cool. If it's real, that is...

Ohman177 said:

You remember the one with pictures of the game and his own web page? He delete his rumors and said he must do it because of Nintendo. And then he said he just trolled. This is a tactic to make us believe him

I'm glad i'm not alone in hoping that barnicle/anemone is a fake if these are real though Frogadier you twisted my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back