XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Drohn said:
Whitefire said:
Awesome move right there.
Though it doesn't say 'chance of failure rises with each succesion' or something like that... im assuming due to lack of textspace.

I doubt it has a chance of failing. It only defends against attacks that make direct contact. There are plenty of attacks to counter that with. Majority (if not all) Special Attacks for example.

Does this protect from both physical and special attacks, but damage those attackerss that make contact with it? If so, that's really powerful.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Bobbins said:
SavvyJackal said:
Also, for those who haven't heard...

There are 9 empty spots after Eevee in the Pokedex. It's Eevee, followed by 9 empty spots, then it's Yanma and Yanmega. Sure, it could be a single stage Pokemon, but THERE IS HOPE FOR A SECOND NEW EEVEELUTION!

I'm hoping that someone evolves their Eevee into Sylveon and it happens to be that 9th empty spot. Then we'll know that there's another new Eeveelution. Alternatively, if someone accidentally evolves their Eevee into the second new one, that'd be even more amazing. :)

Pokedex here:
http://pastebin.com/Lr5DzNhf

Probably Eevee will have another evolution, or have a Sylveon and MegaEevee form.

Do mega evos take up a slot in the dex?

Whitefire said:
Drohn said:
I doubt it has a chance of failing. I think it only defends against attacks that make direct contact. There are plenty of attacks to counter that with. Majority (if not all) Special Attacks for example.
Ooh, that makes sense, i thought it was 'protects against everything, damages physical attackers', but good point.

You're right. That is what the attack states. I wonder how it will work. If it protects from all attacks it might indeed have a chance of failing that isn't mentioned.

Akwila said:
Bobbins said:
Probably Eevee will have another evolution, or have a Sylveon and MegaEevee form.

I think not.

SavvyJackal said:

There are 9 empty spots after Eevee in the Pokedex. It's Eevee, followed by 9 empty spots, then it's Yanma and Yanmega. Sure, it could be a single stage Pokemon, but THERE IS HOPE FOR A SECOND NEW EEVEELUTION!

I'm hoping that someone evolves their Eevee into Sylveon and it happens to be that 9th empty spot. Then we'll know that there's another new Eeveelution. Alternatively, if someone accidentally evolves their Eevee into the second new one, that'd be even more amazing. :)

Pokedex here:

If another eeveelution exists maybe it would be dragon to compromise with Sylveon? Just a suggestion, would be suprised how it would look like xD
Moving on, does anyone already knows how to evolve Eevee into Sylveon? :p

Drohn said:
Whitefire said:
Ooh, that makes sense, i thought it was 'protects against everything, damages physical attackers', but good point.

You're right. That is what the attack states. I wonder how it will work. If it protects from all attacks it might indeed have a chance of failing that isn't mentioned.

Akwila said:
I think not.

Cresceda said:
SavvyJackal said:

Pokedex here:

If another eeveelution exists maybe it would be dragon to compromise with Sylveon? Just a suggestion, would be suprised how it would look like xD
Moving on, does anyone already knows how to evolve Eevee into Sylveon? :p
Nope, we're still trying to figure it out. Some people are speculating that it's through Pokemon-Amie somehow.

FT10 said:
P.DelSlayer said:
It wouldn't be a Mega Eevee.
They're probably not going to have their own dex numbers - they'll most likely just be registered as forms in the Pokedex.

Altho another new Eeveelution would be great! Poison please!!

I always thought that eventually, GF would troll us by releasing a normal type eeveelution, using a moon stone or something. It would make sense for them to withhold that evo until the game release, because while it would be unexpected, it would pale in comparison to Sylveon, seeing as Sylveon was the poster boy for a brand new type.

If we get confirmation that clefairy, jigglypuff, skitty and munna are now fairy type, which i think we will, 4 out of 6 pokemon that evolve via moon stone will be fairy type & it wouldn't be strange that eevee evolves into sylveon by using a moon stone too

wako_88 said:
FT10 said:
I always thought that eventually, GF would troll us by releasing a normal type eeveelution, using a moon stone or something. It would make sense for them to withhold that evo until the game release, because while it would be unexpected, it would pale in comparison to Sylveon, seeing as Sylveon was the poster boy for a brand new type.

If we get confirmation that clefairy, jigglypuff, skitty and munna are now fairy type, which i think we will, 4 out of 6 pokemon that evolve via moon stone will be fairy type & it wouldn't be strange that eevee evolves into sylveon by using a moon stone too

a) Skitty has been shown to still be a pure Normal type iirc and tbh I'm not surprised - it's ability which turns every move it has into Normal type pretty much confirms it's gonna be Normal for the rest of it's life.
b) It's impossible for Sylveon to evolve via Moon Stone for consistency reasons.

Just thought of something, Sylveon is a Fairy type pokemon right? Just like Xerneas. Perhaps another form would be dark/flying because of Yveltal (I know, Umbreon is dark :p) and they evolve in the place where Yveltal and Xerneas can be found, just like Glacion and Leafeon?

Cresceda said:
Just thought of something, Sylveon is a Fairy type pokemon right? Just like Xerneas. Perhaps another form would be dark/flying because of Yveltal (I know, Umbreon is dark :p) and they evolve in the place where Yveltal and Xerneas can be found, just like Glacion and Leafeon?

I highly doubt that a) they'd repeat types for Eeveelutions
b) Eeveelutions will never be dual types.
There's so much demand for Eevee to evolve into every single type as is then making a dual type Eeveelution would mean fans would demand Eevee could evolve into every dual type possible.

P.DelSlayer said:
wako_88 said:

a) Skitty has been shown to still be a pure Normal type iirc and tbh I'm not surprised - it's ability which turns every move it has into Normal type pretty much confirms it's gonna be Normal for the rest of it's life.
b) It's impossible for Sylveon to evolve via Moon Stone for consistency reasons.

The existence of Fairy type in general poses as an inconsistency.

wako_88 said:
FT10 said:

Sound seasonable but most of time a new eeveevolution or evolution of old pkm is introduced in new gen they dont use the old methods (exp: Mageton-> Magnezon, or Leafeon and Glaceon).

P.DelSlayer said:
Cresceda said:

I highly doubt that a) they'd repeat types for Eeveelutions
b) Eeveelutions will never be dual types.
There's so much demand for Eevee to evolve into every single type as is then making a dual type Eeveelution would mean fans would demand Eevee could evolve into every dual type possible.

I meant "or" with the slash between Dark and Flying. :D Flying isn't occupated yet...

wako_88 said:
FT10 said:

Or you know they could just introduce a new stone/new item/special area where it evolves into Sylveon. Honestly I don't think they would go down the Moon Stone route :p

If i may ask, what was that about the reviewer's embargo on the 4th of october? So tomorrow? I'm curious as to what's happening and if we'll get anything new like proper gameplay and stuff.

P.DelSlayer said:
wako_88 said:

By "consistency reasons" do you mean that since we had access to a moon stone before but it was not compatible with eevee it'd make no sense to work now hence we'd be needing a brand new method of evolution? bc i was checking and there are like 3 stones (moon, dawn, shiny) that have no specific typing and either of those would fit to work with fairy types

ScorchingShock said:
Aww poo. Still no! Says "Social Networking". Think you could use Lightshot or something to take a photo of it? Or upload it to imgur?

Here's another link for you:

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y540/Drohn/picturetoupload_zps4f8d6a9d.jpg

Zenja said:
P.DelSlayer said:

The existence of Fairy type in general poses as an inconsistency.

There are Pokemon being reclassified as part Fairy. This implies that in the Pokemon world, the Fairy type just wasn't classified until now, and now several Pokemon are being reclassified to suit this change.

With evolutions, there's no reason to change them from previous generations.

I was talking about it being impossible since it's already possible to have Eevee and a Moon Stone in gens 1-5, yet the stone does absolutely nothing on Eevee.
However it suddenly gives it an evolution in gen6.

It's the same reason they didn't have Leafeon evolve via Leaf Stone.

RE: Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

The way I see it, so far mega pokemon in X focus on adding different styles of combat: boosting certain attacks, new types
Y mega's are more tactical, i.e. more strategic gameplay such as: weather effects, immunity to types/status

With this logic mega blastoise with its boost to pulse attacks fits in with X, while Mega venusaur fits Y because of thick fat.
Pure speculation of course. Would love to see a quadruped blastoise with multiple cannons coming out of the side like an old fashioned navy ship.

Fairy Stone.
Or something equally stupidly 'obvious'.

Idk about it being attached to amie; that would force Amie to be in every game from then on or do that skipping thing per generation like they did with Glace/Leaf with the rocks. Personally i'm all for Amie being a permanent thing, maybe with upgrades or new features in future games/generations o3o

edit: ok, so we have

stone
time of day + friendship
What's left? held item + leveup/trade, time of year.... anything else? [if this goes somewhere else tell me D:]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back