XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

All of you guys saying you think Goodra's type is too far to the left and think it's photoshopped look at this:

http://instagram.com/p/fByU4hKYVP/

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Also I don't think anyone remove Goodra's second type. As you can see in this pic http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1380999999955.jpg single ice type is to the far left as well.

Edit: Greninja'd

FT10 said:
Besides Druddigon, and the dragonite pre-evos, who is there?
Salamence pre-evos and the Axew family...

I think what bothers most people about Goodra being pure-Dragon is how Goodra looks like it'd be Water or Poison type, what with its slimy exterior, and yet it's still pure-Dragon.

FT10 said:
I Like Pie said:
Disappointed. Really disappointed. Expected so much more from the Psuedo Legendary and Goodra itself. At least a 2nd type wouldn't have hurt.

I like it. I find the design has an understated simplicity that makes it attractive, kind of like a Dragonite. With all the mega-evolutions and new pokemon we've seen, some people have complained that some of the pokemon in Kalos are rather over-designed, but I think Goodra is really classy. Besides, its not like the game is inundated with pure dragon types. Besides Druddigon, and the dragonite pre-evos, who is there?

The Axew line.

Lone Wolf JLT said:
I Like Pie said:
Disappointed. Really disappointed. Expected so much more from the Psuedo Legendary and Goodra itself. At least a 2nd type wouldn't have hurt.

What's so bad about not having a second typing? It's weaker to a lesser amount of types, is a freaking special defensive tank (Finally a pseudo is defensively based), has good Attack and special attack, and has an extensive move pool as we can see.
I'm making room for this tank in my party! lol

It had a good opportunity to become a Dragon/ Water or more interestingly, Dragon/ Poison. It could hit the new Fairy-types super-effectively and even be neutral to Fairy attacks. I like the fact that it is a Special Wall with a good defense Ability, but a second typing would have rocked. At least, in my opinion.

Bloodronin said:
Thought I would share that aegislash has a new ability, stance change. I really want to know his stat changes and how changing forms works for him.
http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1381008157352.jpg

At first I was unsure whether I would train a Honedge, but the more I look at Aegislash, the more I'm convinced I'm gonna get one! Look at those stats! Plus, with that typing, ability and movepool, this thing is a powerhouse!

Bloodronin said:
Thought I would share that aegislash has a new ability, stance change. I really want to know his stat changes and how changing forms works for him.

This has to mean when it is attacking or uses an attack boosting move, it turns blade form! The reverse happens when it uses defense boosting moves!!
I think this means that Honedge has 2 split evolution lines!! One being defensive and the other offensive! Although I'm unsure if Aegislash's blade form is good offensively...
Its still a monster lol

Any word on gourgeish's fat form?

Bloodronin said:

That's fascinating. Hmm. I mean, maybe it's something like when you use attacking moves it goes into its attack form, and non-attacking/stat-boosting moves it goes into a defense form. Perhaps each respective form gives it some sort of relevant stat buff, too. I really like that. I can totally imagine it changing "stances" in battle, shifting between sword attacks and shield defends. I guess that's all easily extracted, but that could really mean a lot in battle.

Ninja'd. Sort of.

wispfall said:
Bloodronin said:

That's fascinating. Hmm. I mean, maybe it's something like when you use attacking moves it goes into its attack form, and non-attacking/stat-boosting moves it goes into a defense form. Perhaps each respective form gives it some sort of relevant stat buff, too. I really like that. I can totally imagine it changing "stances" in battle, shifting between sword attacks and shield defends. I guess that's all easily extracted, but that could really mean a lot in battle.

Ninja'd. Sort of.

I am definitely having him on my team now. I love his design. I really want to know exactly what his ability does. Your explanation was what I was thinking as well.

Am I the only one who sees the fact that the Dragon type in Goodra's summary is pretty far to the left? It seems to me that someone edited out the second type just to troll us.
I'm not sure, but that's what it looks like to me.

In regards to Aegislash. I found this on another forum, thought I'd share it here.

From Kanpachi:

Aegislash Blade Forme stats. I think you will be pleased:

http://i.imgur.com/Gbekyz1.jpg

Aegislash starts the battle in Shield Forme. It seems he changes to Blade Forme when you use an attack that deals damage, and back to Blade Forme when you use something like King's Shield. Here's what I've observed:

Battle start, Aegislash in Shield Forme.
I select King's Shield.
Aegislash uses King's Shield, stays in Shield Forme.
Enemy attacks. The damage is prevented, and the enemy's Attack harshly falls.

Turn two, Aegislash in Shield Forme.
I select Iron Head.
Enemy attacks, Aegislash takes damage normally.
Aegislash turns to Blade Forme and uses Iron Head.

Turn three, Aegislash in Blade Forme.
I select Swords Dance.
Aegislash stays in Blade Forme and uses Swords Dance.

Turn four, Aegislash in Blade Forme.
I select King's Shield.
Aegislash turns to Shield Forme, uses King's Shield.

wispfall said:
Bloodronin said:

Ninja'd. Sort of.

Copied directly from SA.
Aegislash starts the battle in Shield Forme. It seems he changes to Blade Forme when you use an attack that deals damage, and back to Blade Forme when you use something like King's Shield. Here's what I've observed:

I select King's Shield.

I select Iron Head.

I select Swords Dance.

I select King's Shield.

Edit: Greninja'd

wispfall said:
In regards to Aegislash. I found this on another forum, thought I'd share it here.
From Kanpachi:

Aegislash Blade Forme stats. I think you will be pleased:

I select King's Shield.

I select Iron Head.

I select Swords Dance.

I select King's Shield.
Thank you. Also, King's shield sounds amazing! Noticed from the pic his attack goes way up in blade form.

Chrono said:
Am I the only one who sees the fact that the Dragon type in Goodra's summary is pretty far to the left? It seems to me that someone edited out the second type just to troll us.

... http://instagram.com/p/fByU4hKYVP/

papakankri said:
Kitana Coldfire said:
I've seen multiple rumors containing an ice wolf, not just that one. Most of them have been debunked, but it's been a common enough whisper that I'm willing to admit there may be something to it. Time will tell.

And that particular rumor has a fair deal more information in it that has yet to be debunked. I have to take into account that red herrings were thrown in by leakers to protect themselves. My general rule of thumb is that when I find a rumor has 3 or more pieces of blatantly wrong information, it's moved to the fake section.

Ah, alright. My bad.
I'm kind of hyped about an ice wolf then. I can see it maybe being Ice/Normal or something.

In fact, I'm considering moving one rumor with bad information BACK to the unconfirmed section because of the large amount of good info.

I'd like some input on the matter before I do, though. I've put the rumor in question below, with bad info highlighted in red and good info in green. Plausible info that could have been mistranslated will be purple. Info that has yet to be confirmed/denied is the standard grey

(Translated from Spanish)
*Mawile gets the Steel/Fairy type, and an evolution, so is Sableye (Could be a mega, or hidden national dex evolution)
*As said before, the starters final evolutions are: Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting (False, but close).
*The game's story line is "quite good". Characters will be back like Cynthia (who's visiting her family in Coastal Kalos) and Proffesor Oak.
*The game will last for more than 40 hours, and there's lots of stuff after beating the elite four, even more than Gold and Silver
*Mewtwo's new form have a protagonism after beating the elite four , with a scientific from kanto who is involve
*Orotto is the Shady Root Pokemon. The female version have a smile more "macabre" and its branches are sharper
*One of the new fossils is a Diplodocus
*There's a new shark pokemon
*When you arrive to Lumiose city, the character customization is introduced for you.
*Team flare's goal of making money is a lie, it changes during the game
*There's a new important character (kind like N). He's a lone traveler. (This has been pretty much confirmed by Josh's leaks)
*Sklerp evolves into a bigger and skinner horse sea, it occasionally blows purple bubbles when he's innactive, like Sklerp (Have not seen it in action yet)
*When you enter the hall of fame, there's a cinematic scene with your pokemon standing by the side of the character in 3d, with confetti and screams from the crowd
*Litleo evolves into something like a manticore
*The Carnac Stones in the game are home of a legendary pokemon
*The fairy pokemon shown so far are "a lie" making us believe that they are cute. Actually there's one that is as intimidating as Giratina origin form.
*There will no much type changes as people think, there are a few.
*This time, Game Freak made contact with various magazines to decide how many pokemon of each type will be introduced. There will be "great" Steel and Fire pokemon. (Partially confirmed in the context of IGN and Ciao)
*There's a pikachu-like pokemon, a wolf cub
*Meowstick and espurr are totally real

http://instagram.com/p/fGfH4ypPOt/

Badges

Pokewiz1999 said:
Chrono said:

... http://instagram.com/p/fByU4hKYVP/
Awww...
So much for that

For confirmation,
His stats do swap places dependent on what "form" he is in.

I find Goodra really refreshing. A pseudo doesn't need to be dual-type, and doesn't need to look like a badass monster, and new pokemon don't need to explore unused type combinations to be interesting.

When I saw Goomy was pure dragon and potentially the region's pseudo legendary, I got excited for this very reason. A simple, adorable pseudo? Sign me up! I'm definitely considering it for a spot on my team, unless they make Skrelp's evo Dragon type too (I hope it stays Water/Poison) and my team ends up being full of dragon types, between those two and Noivern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back