XY Pokémon X and Pokémon Y: Which Version Do You Plan To Get? Why?

RE: What version are you getting? Why?

I'll get both versions, but X is going to be my main game, and the first one I play through. I love Xerneas, he's my favorite legendary Pokemon since G/S/C. Yveltal is cool too, but not as cool as the fairy deer.

I'll be getting both, but mainly playing Y. I prefer a dragon/bird thingy over a deer. However, since I want Y, I can't catch a Swirlix. I do prefer Swirlix over Spritzee...

I also really like the life and destruction theme, and I prefer destruction more. Not that there's anything wrong with life! :D

I'll be playing as a boy in Y, and a girl in X.

Y version, i really like Yveltal...however, if i get the money, i will buy both versions...but first, i'll go for Y :)

I knew I was getting X the moment I saw Xerneas...And now after seeing their signature more, I'm even more sure I"m getting X. Geomancy >>>>>>> Oblivion Wing

I'm getting both versions but X is definitely going to be my main version. Dat Xerneas ^_^ !!!!

I'm probably getting X because Xerneas utilizes the Fairy type, and no matter how you look at it, this is important. If future generations will feature this new addition, shouldn't the mascot represent the new step for the series? I don't know, just my thoughts.

Oh, and Yveltal is cool too.

Welp, I personally reserved and paid off both games already. I'm getting X for a friend of mine because she really likes Xerneas, and then I'm getting Y because the Y exclusives are more appealing to me. But I've also seen that the second paired game in each generation has the exclusives I want (i.e. Seviper, Mismagius, and Reuniclus), with Y following that pattern. And well, seeing as she and I will have a matched set whenever we hang out, we can get any Pokemon we want from each other. :3

And while I really would like to have Xerneas definitely (if I'm being honest, the idea of Life is more appealing than Destruction), Yveltal is kickass and red and I love red, another major but superficial in my choosing Y.

I'm getting both games (7 copies of each game - one for each language). I'll start playing Pokemon Y first.

I always get both games, so in one game I'll play with one specific team, based on all my favorite Pokemon, and the other one, to stay with 3 or 4 of my favorites and the rest other Pokemon to give a try. Its going to be same with the new games.

LiepardTrainer said:
I'm getting both games (7 copies of each game - one for each language).

You... do know that these games will have the option to play them in any language, right? So you don't need to buy 14 games? Or is that what you mean? ._.

Frezgle said:
LiepardTrainer said:
I'm getting both games (7 copies of each game - one for each language).

You... do know that these games will have the option to play them in any language, right? So you don't need to buy 14 games? Or is that what you mean? ._.

I know that, I want to play the game in the same language all the way through without changing, and I also want to play them with different teams (I don't restart any of my games)

What version are you getting? Why?

LiepardTrainer said:
I'm getting both games (7 copies of each game - one for each language). I'll start playing Pokemon Y first.

I always get both games, so in one game I'll play with one specific team, based on all my favorite Pokemon, and the other one, to stay with 3 or 4 of my favorites and the rest other Pokemon to give a try. Its going to be same with the new games.

Wwwhhaaat? How much money do you have!? That's a bit excessive... 14 x £35 ($50) = £490 ($600ish)! D:

I'm so confused...

X. While I prefer Yveltal over Xerneas, I'll probably just trade for one. I prefer the X's other exclusive pokemon over Y's.

LiepardTrainer said:
I know that, I want to play the game in the same language all the way through without changing, and I also want to play them with different teams (I don't restart any of my games)

Welp, I never thought I'd see a millionaire on this forum but here it is.

I still can't decide . I prefer Yveltal more than Xerneas .I don't care about Spritzee or Swirlix .
But which version i will pick is up to Clauncher or Skrelp evolution .
If Clauncher evolution end up ugly i will pick Y .
If Skrelp evolution end up ugly i will pick X . If both end up ugly i will pick Y cos i prefer Yveltal more than Xerneas . LOL

Xerneas is just plain old magnificent. look how swagged out and fancy he looks he just gahhh

I love regal, proud looking pokemon, he has swords for feet for god's sake. I mean yveltal is cool but Xerneas is better. And he has the advantage, and I kinda don't care about the exclusives. I mean I might get a clauncher depending on the evo but X is the game for me

Tails said:
I'm getting X, because I prefer the deer looking Fairy-type legendary over the gimmicky wyvern-like Dragon legendary.

but hes not a wyvern or even a dragon hes an eagle

mastermagpie said:
LiepardTrainer said:

Wwwhhaaat? How much money do you have!? That's a bit excessive... 14 x £35 ($50) = £490 ($600ish)! D:

I'm so confused...
I make about $300 a month, more than enough for me. I won't be buying them all at one time, I'll buy them at different times - one game every 2 or 3 months or so. Apology for any confusion. By end of the 6th generation, I should have about 7 copies of each game (enough for each language - I'm sort of a language fan myself - willing to try out different language even if I don't understand them too well)

eef said:
X. While I prefer Yveltal over Xerneas, I'll probably just trade for one. I prefer the X's other exclusive pokemon over Y's.

LiepardTrainer said:

I'm no millionaire (I wish I was though), I won't buy all 14 copies on one day. I already pre-ordered one of each. I'm guessing 6th gen will last 4 years, within those 4 years I'll buy various copies of the games. I like playing with varied Pokemon teams, and I don't restart any of my games, so buying multiple copies of the game is my only choice.

I'm getting both because I can afford to buy both versions along with two new 3DSXLs so i can trade with myself! I'm even going to buy two versions of X and two versions of Y just so i can have extra save files and i'm going to buy the guide book as well just for the heck of it. It's great having lots of extra money to spend on what ever i want lol

LiepardTrainer said:
mastermagpie said:

I'm so confused...
I make about $300 a month, more than enough for me. I won't be buying them all at one time, I'll buy them at different times - one game every 2 or 3 months or so. Apology for any confusion. By end of the 6th generation, I should have about 7 copies of each game (enough for each language - I'm sort of a language fan myself - willing to try out different language even if I don't understand them too well)

eef said:

I'm no millionaire (I wish I was though), I won't buy all 14 copies on one day. I already pre-ordered one of each. I'm guessing 6th gen will last 4 years, within those 4 years I'll buy various copies of the games. I like playing with varied Pokemon teams, and I don't restart any of my games, so buying multiple copies of the game is my only choice.
me too, i'm buying multiple copies of each version and two brand new 3DSXLs to go with them so i can trade with myself! :)

vinnie22 said:
I'm getting both because I can afford to buy both versions along with two new 3DSXLs so i can trade with myself! I'm even going to buy two versions of X and two versions of Y just so i can have extra save files and i'm going to buy the guide book as well just for the heck of it. It's great having lots of extra money to spend on what ever i want lol

LiepardTrainer said:

me too, i'm buying multiple copies of each version and two brand new 3DSXLs to go with them so i can trade with myself! :)

I may be doing something similar.

I got a blue 3DS XL about a month ago to have a better gaming experience than I do with my regular aqua blue 3DS and I was gonna sell the regular one, but I'm thinking about keeping both systems so I can use Pokémon X's and Pokémon Y's wireless features by myself if I need to (if my internet is down, for example) since I'm getting both versions.

I'm going to buy both, I wasn't sure if I'd buy both at the same time, but if I can't/don't, I'll be buying X first. I just prefer Xerneas overall, although like I said, buying both so it won't matter haha!

vinnie22 said:

LiepardTrainer said:

I work for a nursing registry and make 1000 dollars a month, 800 after taxes. I'm 23 though lol. I'll never out grow Pokemon, i'll be 30 and still playing.

Back