XY Pokémon X / Y: Preorder Bonus

RE: Pokemon X/Y Preorder bonus

nightkeeper said:
I preordered both from gamestop online, along with the X and Y blue 3DS. It said that my games will come in separate shipments though, will I still get a poster?

You could call the closest Game Stop to you and ask if pre-ordering Pokemon X or Pokemon Y online still allows you to get the pre-order bonuses.

Jaime Runt said:
TokenDuelist said:
honestly - if it's a pokemon game. I would just get the physical copy.
Any reason in particular? I mean, is there any disadvantage in having a digital copy? I'd like to be as informed as I can before making my decision but I have no idea on where to get the [comparative] info about that

Personally I like having the game covers of the game, but if you don't care about that I guess the main disadvantage is that if you can't sell the game if you would ever like to do that.

Videoland said:
Jaime Runt said:
Any reason in particular? I mean, is there any disadvantage in having a digital copy? I'd like to be as informed as I can before making my decision but I have no idea on where to get the [comparative] info about that

Personally I like having the game covers of the game, but if you don't care about that I guess the main disadvantage is that if you can't sell the game if you would ever like to do that.

I really don't care about the covers and I never sell my games. Thanks dude, I'm downloading my pokemon X digitally them. One more question though, how soon can we expect the games to be available to download (digital copy) on the 12th? Midnight? During the morning? Any idea?

Jaime Runt said:
Videoland said:

I really don't care about the covers and I never sell my games. Thanks dude, I'm downloading my pokemon X digitally them. One more question though, how soon can we expect the games to be available to download (digital copy) on the 12th? Midnight? During the morning? Any idea?

Usually digital games release at midnight.

Does anyone know if there's a Best Buy preorder bonus?

RE: Pokemon X / Y: Preorder Bonus

nightkeeper said:
Brave Vesperia said:
Does anyone know if there's a Best Buy preorder bonus?

I don't believe so. Just GameStop from what I see online.

Gamestop has the posters, Target has pins on their newer cards. Walmart and TRU both have nothing, and Best Buy doesn't appear to have anything either.

CheapA$$Gamer obtained ads for Target and Best Buy and neither one appear to have any other bonuses for pickup of XY so you can probably rule those out.

spyroflame0487 said:
nightkeeper said:
I don't believe so. Just GameStop from what I see online.

Gamestop has the posters, Target has pins on their newer cards. Walmart and TRU both have nothing, and Best Buy doesn't appear to have anything either.

CheapA$$Gamer obtained ads for Target and Best Buy and neither one appear to have any other bonuses for pickup of XY so you can probably rule those out.

Actually, Target has a $5 gift card. Walmart has a 1 Vudu movie rental and apparently special downloadable content--which is for any of their preorders, not just Pokemon.

Artemis said:
Teeboy23 said:
However, some stores do offer special deals and bonus items for buying the game on launch day. I got the two collectible coins that Toys"R"Us gave out for B2W2.

Yeah, this is true. I remember when BW1 came out, TRU had some "preorder" bonuses including a cleaning cloth, stickers, and special styluses. I didn't preorder, but did go in on release day and the workers were just handing them out to anyone that bought any games that day. Apparently they got in tonnes, quite a bit more than the number of games they got even.
For anyone that wants to save a little cash with buying both Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, Toys"R"Us is having a sale this week: buy one, get one 40% off any 3DS or Wii U title.

Jaime Runt said:
Videoland said:

Just be prepared to go through the massive downloading. And the games take up quite a bit of storage space on your SD card. Don't wanna discourage you though. :p

In my local Game at skeg they mentioned a free comic for preordering a while back but i havent heard any more on it

I have finally gotten my glorious X and Y poster, and now it is proudly framed on my bedroom wall. I just need a smaller frame....but that will be later.

Teeboy23 said:
Artemis said:
Yeah, this is true. I remember when BW1 came out, TRU had some "preorder" bonuses including a cleaning cloth, stickers, and special styluses. I didn't preorder, but did go in on release day and the workers were just handing them out to anyone that bought any games that day. Apparently they got in tonnes, quite a bit more than the number of games they got even.
For anyone that wants to save a little cash with buying both Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, Toys"R"Us is having a sale this week: buy one, get one 40% off any 3DS or Wii U title.

Of course that'd be announced in the final week! ^__^ I pre-ordered both games at Gamestop months ago...

Gamestop will give us 5% off a useless guidebook that spoils and ruins the game completely that's filled with information leaked on the internet a week before the games release if we're lucky.

Do we get anything if we buy the games from the eshop? I am getting X on Saturday XD.:)

In anyone's interested in preorder bonuses for the Netherlands:

Game Mania: The same Poké Ball 3DS cartidge holders that GAME in the UK has
Bart Smit: Pokémon plush keychains (images show BW Pokémon: Pikachu, Axew, Scraggy, can't remember the others)
Intertoys: Xerneas and Yveltal backpack, one of those ones with the string closure

Was so happy to see the preorder bonus of game mania

Me too! Sadly, by the time I learned about it, they were sold out. :( If they had still had some, I would have preordered, even though I usually don't.

xxashxx said:
Do we get anything if we buy the games from the eshop? I am getting X on Saturday XD.:)

Unfortunately, no. Not that I know of at least. If anything, the bonus would be a physical object, just like any other Pokemon game, ranging from toys to posters (Sometimes discounts on manuals, but I count it as physical since the manual itself is an object)
So I'm guessing you see why eshop can't really have a bonus?

EDIT: Unless Torchic with Blazekinite acts as a bonus, which I find unlikely.

Artemis said:
In anyone's interested in preorder bonuses for the Netherlands:

Game Mania: The same Poké Ball 3DS cartidge holders that GAME in the UK has
Bart Smit: Pokémon plush keychains (images show BW Pokémon: Pikachu, Axew, Scraggy, can't remember the others)
Intertoys: Xerneas and Yveltal backpack, one of those ones with the string closure

Aw man, why can't somewhere in the US get something like that? I really miss those awesome statues we got...

Back