XY Pokémon X / Y: Preorder Bonus

RE: Pokemon X/Y Preorder bonus

Chandelure said:
I preorder plenty of games, but not pokemon games. there's not a point for me. stores don't do midnight releases for pokemon games and I can pick it up the next morning and pay for it then.

as for preordering making people feel special, it may make you feel special, but it doesn't make me feel special. what's special about buying a game early? you don't get the game early, unless you get lucky and the store is midnight releasing.

"late to the party" again. that may be the way you feel. but not me, again. most stores don't release pokemon at midnight, so most people have to wait till the morning anyway.

I've always found that when I preorder games, I get a sense of relief almost - that I know I've got my game and its gonna come to me no matter what.

and just for the record, every game I've preordered I got early, but I think thats just the way GAME do preorders: send it out a couple days before release so it should logically get to you on the actual release day, but with the mail system over here I've always been early in getting my Pokemon games.

most games don't suffer from shortages the way consoles do. A lot of game sellers urge you to preorder "before it's too late". but they're just trying to get guaranteed money. most publishers make ample copies to cope with demand 3 times over. the only games that ever have shortages in that respect are obscure games like "Africa"

Chandelure said:
I preorder plenty of games, but not pokemon games. there's not a point for me. stores don't do midnight releases for pokemon games and I can pick it up the next morning and pay for it then.

as for preordering making people feel special, it may make you feel special, but it doesn't make me feel special. what's special about buying a game early? you don't get the game early, unless you get lucky and the store is midnight releasing.

"late to the party" again. that may be the way you feel. but not me, again. most stores don't release pokemon at midnight, so most people have to wait till the morning anyway.

What I mean by late to the party is that most people who get a pokemon past the day it comes out tend to usually end up at least 20 levels behind the other players in the long run, meaning people will be doing things way ahead of you and it wont feel too cool when you get there because everyone will already know and may have told you already. It's like watching a movie on DVD instead of in theaters. Everyone's talking about it and you may eventually end up finding everything out about the movie so it wont be as special when you actually see it.

personally I don't mind. I don't grind for 60 hours straight like some people do. I tend take time. it takes me months to beat pokemon games and that's the way I like it.
I understand that for some people it would be an issue. but I'm not much of a competitive player

I preordered the game, but I cant get it til Mon or Tue, because of the odd procedures in where I live.

Chandelure said:
personally I don't mind. I don't grind for 60 hours straight like some people do. I tend take time. it takes me months to beat pokemon games and that's the way I like it.
I understand that for some people it would be an issue. but I'm not much of a competitive player

Im not talking about grinders, as they end up sometimes 40 levels ahead. Players like me, who just go through the game casually, even on the first day, will be able to spend all saturday getting through the game. Then, sunday some people are buying it as early as possible, meanwhile us pre-order players get to be halfway through the game.

I'm even slower that that. playing it all day fr one day I'd be only at the second or third badge. I work most days so midnight releases sometimes don't do much for me. as for pokemon. lets say I work that particular saturday. I'd get off at 12, go to gamestop, buy the game and go home and play it for 4 hours before I have to go back to work. sounds good to me. Like I said. this is just the way I see it. I understand that other people see value in preorders.

I got the two-sided poster when I pre-ordered Y at my local Game Stop. The print job is quite nice and you can really see the tiny details of Kalos.

I pre-ordered X and Y when they were announced and paid them off a couple weeks ago and got the posters. I have the Kalos poster in my pseudo office (empty guest room), and the mascot poster in my room on the pokemon wall (originally painted the RGB sprites for Charizard, Venusaur, and Blastoise in their colors, then it ended up with pokemon posters everywhere lol)

In reference to the Gamestop order bonuses, I researched the timeline poster a bit more and apparently that print will be available on the day of release (if you preordered both X and Y_. Its demensions are supposed to be 36" X 8". Hope this clears that up for everyone wondering.

I just preordered Pokèmon Y.
I keep having the same horrific thought that once I get to GameStop to buy it, they would already be sold out. And then I would have to wait a week to buy it again....it's terrifying!

I asked about the poster, and they said so many people were preordering it, that they ran out!
Guess I'll have to check back later.

98Greener said:
I keep having the same horrific thought that once I get to GameStop to buy it, they would already be sold out. And then I would have to wait a week to buy it again....it's terrifying!

I asked about the poster, and they said so many people were preordering it, that they ran out!

When I preordered Pokemon Y, the girl who was at the register was a Pokemon fan and she gave me two of the posters because she said that both sides were awesome and needed to be displayed at the same time.

That could be one of the reasons why your GameStop ran out.

I think I'm going to go back and preorder X as well so I can get the timeline poster as well!

FloodBadge said:
...Timeline poster?

When preordering both versions of X and Y, you get a poster that's a timeline of all the main games we've had so far!

I'm gonna get it since i paid in full for both. I'll get it Oct. 1st when my mom's bf is getting his game. Since there's an ATM across the street there, i can just get $40 from it the same day in case there's a special X and Y game guide with the pokedex in it (i like to draw stuff and i wanna know how to evolve certain pokemon, as it's easier for me to be motivated with a clear goal)

Pokemon X/Y Preorder bonus

98Greener said:
FloodBadge said:
...Timeline poster?

When preordering both versions of X and Y, you get a poster that's a timeline of all the main games we've had so far!

Oh my Cacturne! That sounds amazing! I'd gladly swap a cheap plastic Pokéball for one those!

Here's the timeline poster:
710x330_pkmn_timeline2.jpg

FloodBadge said:
I'm gonna get it since i paid in full for both. I'll get it Oct. 1st when my mom's bf is getting his game. Since there's an ATM across the street there, i can just get $40 from it the same day in case there's a special X and Y game guide with the pokedex in it (i like to draw stuff and i wanna know how to evolve certain pokemon, as it's easier for me to be motivated with a clear goal)

How can you get it October 1st when its not released until October 12th?

grassdragon said:
98Greener said:

When I preordered Pokemon Y, the girl who was at the register was a Pokemon fan and she gave me two of the posters because she said that both sides were awesome and needed to be displayed at the same time.

That could be one of the reasons why your GameStop ran out.

I think I'm going to go back and preorder X as well so I can get the timeline poster as well!
Haha yeah the same thing happened to me! Now I can proudly display both sides next to my giant LSU decal.

P.DelSlayer said:
FloodBadge said:

How can you get it October 1st when its not released until October 12th?

Wait, what? I thought I could get the poster for pre-ordering both too. I'm slightly deterred by how it has the GSC art for the Johto starters and Suicune but not for the Kanot starters and Pikachu...

Back