PokeBeach's Official 5th Gen Ban List

RE: PokeBeach's Official Ban List

Mewtwomaster said:
I think there should be nothing banned, just MY opinion. I think if the Pokémon Company makes it, it should be usable. :/
I would like to point out that official Pokemon tournaments have banlists as well, and it looks almost (but not completely) identical to the Ubers banlist that Smogon has. It bans every legendary with a base stat total of more than 600 (excluding Regigigas), plus any Pokemon that are event-exclusive. On top of that, having the same item on more than one Pokemon isn't legal either, and Soul Dew is banned altogether.

So just because Pokemon makes it does not mean people should use it. Even they recognize that the cover legendaries are just too strong and imbalance the game in a direction that it should not go.

You guys are being trolled.

Kyurem-B is now unbanned. It's not as cool as Garchomp so you must discuss it here. ^_^

TDL said:
Kyurem-B is now unbanned. It's not as cool as Garchomp so you must discuss it here. ^_^

170 base ATK with Mold Breaker is let into OU - and wielding something as rare as an Electric physical move?
...who does this nonsense...

DNA said:
TDL said:

170 base ATK with Mold Breaker is let into OU - and wielding something as rare as an Electric physical move?

R.I.P Haxorus

DNA said:
TDL said:

power creep lgi

here's to another year of seeing Scizor and Genesect on top of the usage stats.

kyurem-b is terrible, not gonna be top 10 anytime soon

WERE ALL GONNA DIE.

Just kidding. It might be hyped at first, but It has too many flaws.

However, just the idea of a base 170 not being broken in OU is what makes me dislike this unbaning. I mean, there's gotta be something wrong when the 2nd highest BST pokemon is OK in OU. I say we make Tailwind+Kyurem-B to be the next thing so it can become broken.

PDC said:

Posting to say, yes kyurem-b is just as horrid as kyurem, so no need to worry. I even voted for its unban.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
WERE ALL GONNA DIE.

However, just the idea of a base 170 not being broken in OU is what makes me dislike this unbaning. I mean, there's gotta be something wrong when the 2nd highest BST pokemon is OK in OU. I say we make Tailwind+Kyurem-B to be the next thing so it can become broken.
Base stats are just numbers and are not an accurate view on what makes a Pokemon broken.

also Tailwind is a really terrible strategy in singles, with the only remotely good abuser being Tornadus-I (and it has other things it wants to do like Hurricane spam).

doublenikesocks said:
PDC said:

Posting to say, yes kyurem-b is just as horrid as kyurem, so no need to worry. I even voted for its unban.

in before pride

Base stats are just numbers and are not an accurate view on what makes a Pokemon broken.

Just posting to re-inforce this. Blaziken is banned and it doesn't have an excessively high base stat total. Last format, Wobuffet and Wynaut were ubers, and Wynaut has like no base stats. While Kyurem-B might have the second highest base stat total, it does have a lot of weaknesses and flaws that, as Cooltrainer Alan already stated, makes it OU, despite its high base stat total.

QWERTY DITTO said:
Noob question: Are these what are banned in competitive play or just on pokebeach?

Currently this banlist is identical to the one used by Smogon, and therefore Pokemon Online, Showdown, and probably just about any other online simulator you can find. It was intended to be able to be changed if Pokebeach disagrees with a decision made by Smogon, but that hasn't happened yet and its unlikely that it ever will at this rate.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
WERE ALL GONNA DIE.

Than that'd be like if we banned Slaking just for its stats. Stats don't just make the mon, so do moves and abilities.

Equinox said:
Cooltrainer Alan said:
WERE ALL GONNA DIE.

Than that'd be like if we banned Slaking just for its stats. Stats don't just make the mon, so do moves and abilities.

Just adding in, so does typing. Kyurem-B's typing sucks, and it's probably the only reason it's OU right now. It's vulnerable to all hazards, weak to multiple priority attacks, and isn't terribly fast.

Normally I'm not this OCD, but I felt the need to add this because Kyurem's movepool and ability really just add to the argument to make it an uber. (Terravolt and stuff.) Once this meta continues for a bit, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it went back up. Not anytime soon, though.

I played on Showdown a few days ago and it is still listed as an Uber there, which is strange to me. Unless they are waiting to release all the changes at once, but Garchomp is already allowed so...

OH MAN I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT 1 TOURNEY D:!!

Dark Void said:
QWERTY DITTO said:
Noob question: Are these what are banned in competitive play or just on pokebeach?

Currently this banlist is identical to the one used by Smogon, and therefore Pokemon Online, Showdown, and probably just about any other online simulator you can find. It was intended to be able to be changed if Pokebeach disagrees with a decision made by Smogon, but that hasn't happened yet and its unlikely that it ever will at this rate.
So, sorry but I do not know what Smogon is, but is this the same ban list as VGC's ban list?

No. VGC's banlist is totally different. Doubles and singles are very different in terms of what works well and what doesn't.

I added Tornadus-T to the ban list on the server.

Back