Pokemon Center Now Offering “Pikachu with Grey Felt Hat” Promo!

Where did pokemon even make the announcement that it went live?
Instagram posted it, as well as an email sent out - but the Insta post was first.

I've had Instagram notifications for the Pokemon page turned on since they mentioned it was coming a few days ago, so I was notified (as I was browning up some ground beef & onions for a chilli I've got going) & had time to turn the stove off for a minute, go grab my laptop, figure out the security they had in place, & get my order in.

Process is a little frustrating but it worked out. Hopefully they populate a few more for people! Clearly demand there.

Just furious with this whole fiasco. I was on when it was live but got multiple errors adding to card, sometimes it showed no products available, I even got a "Website is down for Maintenance" message. I really hope there is a nother batch coming because people got so screwed over.

Managed to grab one for myself. Kinda disappointed I had to fall back on Obsidian Flames since 151's out of stock, and it wouldn't work towards Paradox Rift, but hey, gives me one more shot at trying to pull the art rare Tera 'Zard :p

Do sleeves count as tcg product btw for these types of promotions?
Sadly I don't think so - I clicked on the banner image, and it just seems to be limited to TCG booster packs/bundles, ETBs, booster boxes, decks and tins. Can't be on anything requiring a pre-order either, has to be stuff that's out currently.

I am confused. Are people bemoaning the fact it is already sold out because it's a definite thing? That it was touting as lasting now through October 31 gave me the impression it's a print-to-order type deal and they'll make as many as they need to to satisfy demand. If this really was yet again a one-day limited supply thing the incompetence is going to be staggering.
It sais "While supplies last" I think implying which ever happens first. Took an hour for supplies to run out. Many of us are upset because the website wasnt letting some of us in to purchase. At least that is what happened to me.

Yeah, I think the centre would have been better off just saying "While Supplies Last" without the date range. They did caveat it with the supplies last warning, but being the amount of demand it was quite obvious supplies would never last so why bother even having a range. Gave people a false notion of how this might work.

Can someone please post a link to the banner ad or anything like that? I have been waiting weeks for this to go active and cannot get it to apply to my cart, even after adding etbs over $30 worth. Are they sold out?

Can someone please post a link to the banner ad or anything like that? I have been waiting weeks for this to go active and cannot get it to apply to my cart, even after adding etbs over $30 worth. Are they sold out?
They appear to have been sold out for a couple of hours now, sadly.

Thanks for clarifying; what an amateur hour. I was already shifting away from buying English cards; at this point I'm happy to entirely shift away from TPCI and exclusively buy Japanese and Korean cards.
That is actually insane that they thought it would last until the 31st then. I wont pay a scalper for this either... So sad.
PS- I must say it was extremely fun also to waste 15 minutes on a website that looked like it was built by a 9th grader.

Well that's 3 hours down the drain trying to get past the 'Cannot process payment. Re-enter payment information' error message

I was actually able to order one at around 1:30 PM EST. I thought for sure the promo wouldn't go live this early. There was a glitch where certain items were not adding the promo even if the purchase was over $30 but after changing out the items, I was able to get one. Also had constant issues with the website saying items out of stock or unable to add items to cart. They took down the banner so that means they've probably run out. I think it was up for a long time though since it seemed to have been up from around 12:00 PM EST and it was up for a while but it would be ridiculous to think it would last forever. I am glad it was atleast one per purchase so it lasted for a little over an hour and not gone in minutes like the last time.

Last edited:
For those asking, here was my experience: I learned that the promotion started through the Pokemon Center mailing list. The link in the email brought me to a subcategory on the site with TCG products that included cards specifically (as opposed to deck boxes and the like.) I added over $30 of products from that category to my cart, and the promo was automatically added. I checked out normally from there. The only question now is, will the order be cancelled?

For those asking, here was my experience: I learned that the promotion started through the Pokemon Center mailing list. The link in the email brought me to a subcategory on the site with TCG products that included cards specifically (as opposed to deck boxes and the like.) I added over $30 of products from that category to my cart, and the promo was automatically added. I checked out normally from there. The only question now is, will the order be cancelled?
Have orders been cancelled? More or less my experience as well, just that it was a ping from the insta instead - I also just had the high traffic message come up & had to do some form of captcha, but then I was through. Ended up with a Vivid Voltage ETB as I literally just clicked the first $39 box I saw, and then the card showed in my cart. So I guess I get to rip some Vivid Voltage along with my card ?

That's neat but there really isn't $30 of TCG stuff I'm interested in. Everything interesting sells out immediately.

Back