Pokemon Pokemon Plotholes Discussion Thread

RE: Pokemon Plotholes!

godzilla898 said:
At least in PMD2, Skitty has an ability that makes all of its moves Normal type.

Also, Nincada is strange. The newest card says it is virtually blind, but its ability is Compoundeyes, which increases accuracy. How does that work?

Probably referring to heightened perception that one receives when they are blind (sense, smell, feel, hear.)

AntiKrozz said:
I have some...I hope gamercal comes here and debate with me on this:

1.- How in Heck Male Gardevoir/Milotic exist?
2.- Female Machamp/Honchcrow
3.- Why Dunsparce can learn Roost when it´s wings barely move yet Empoleon can´t? now I know it´s heavy and can´t really fly but I don´t see Dunsparce flying any higher.
4.- Do you remember E4 Champ Lance? he had a Rock Sliding Aerodactyl, well, I looked all over and guess what...that move is illegal on any Aerodactyl back on rbygsc era...check it out...

1. what's the problem with a male Gardevoir and Milotic? :O
2. Like 1. what's the matter xD it would be sadly if a male Honchkrow evolved and then it couldn't find a mate anymore xD
4. i skipped 3. :O
5. (3). Dunsparce is just awesome, he can do anything! :D
6. (4). did it know Rock Slide? well it isn't possible

PokeChamp said:
Oh, Rhyperior learning Surf is a huge plothole! I mean, is that thing really able to swim? I'd think it would drown from it's weight!

D: it always wondered me too... maybe it does walk on the ocean's floor... but then it doesn't swim anymore :p Maybe it's armor works as flotation sacs , just like Buizel :p

Ok, so here is one. When you challenge the Elite Four and Gym Leaders, it says you are challenged, but you have to challenge them.
I don't get it.
And also, if Pokemon are just one gender, how did their species survive? I doubt that Ditto interacted with them.

In anime (pokemon the 1st movie):
1.When the pokemon are taken away by pokeballs and going to be cloned jesse and james are saying the pokemon as they appear on the screen, then when a scyther appears they say alakazam...
2.When ash is taking his pokemon out of the pokeballs mewtwo created,he takes them all out except for charizard. Then when they go up he just appears....

In my Crystal version, my Meganium has the ability to learn Fly. Now how is that possible? Maybe the petals around its neck can spin like propellers. XD

Yoshiko75 said:
In my Crystal version, my Meganium has the ability to learn Fly. Now how is that possible? Maybe the petals around its neck can spin like propellers. XD

Meganium...Fly??? OMG! I wish Dugtrio could Fly too!
Well, it's a glitch or a small problem. How in the world can Meganium fly???

Dugtrio Trio said:
Yoshiko75 said:

Meganium...Fly??? OMG! I wish Dugtrio could Fly too!
Well, it's a glitch or a small problem. How in the world can Meganium fly?

A flying Meganium 0_o; definitely a glitch :p
haha a flying Dugtrio :p

It would be understandable if Dugtrio could walk on water, but flying drugtrios????

I don't get why you need a pokemon to surf. Humans can surf too!

red blastoise said:
in the episode ash meets the 7th gymleader, candice.
theres a diglet sitting on a bench.

That's possible cuz DIGLETS AND DUGTRIOS HAVE FEET...according to PMDE of Darkness/Time.

In the Anime, when a trainer throws a Pokeball to send out a Pokemon, the ball just disappears in a white light. But when they call the Pokemon back, they somehow magically have the Pokeball connected to their belt. Does the Pokeball have some magical device that sends it back to the trainer? You never see them walk over to pick up the Pokeball.

afstandopleren said:
red blastoise said:

That's possible cuz DIGLETS AND DUGTRIOS HAVE FEET...according to PMDE of Darkness/Time.

yeah, maybe.
but in that episode, you can't see their feet, even though sitting on a bench, WITH A PUDDLE OF DIRT AROUND THEM!!!!!

red blastoise said:

*goes checking it*
EDIT: Wha!?! weird? :O : http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/594ps3.shtml (the 7th and 9th picture)

doodad126 said:
In the Anime, when a trainer throws a Pokeball to send out a Pokemon, the ball just disappears in a white light. But when they call the Pokemon back, they somehow magically have the Pokeball connected to their belt. Does the Pokeball have some magical device that sends it back to the trainer? You never see them walk over to pick up the Pokeball.

What if they threw too hard, i would like to see a Pokeball smashed against a wall >:U

Back