Pokemon Pokemon Plotholes Discussion Thread

RE: Pokemon Plotholes!

Dezuray said:
Misty's Mr.Mime is Female. This is a fairly common mistake that Pokemon made, as you yourself can get a FEMALE MISTER Mime.
OH! Twist!

Well, they forgot to mention that Female Mr. Mime are avid cross dressers :p

But, in all seriousness, that is pretty bad :p
Nintendo just doesn't get it sometimes :p
Oh, Rhyperior learning Surf is a huge plothole! I mean, is that thing really able to swim? I'd think it would drown from it's weight!

Pokemon can't die according to the western anime, yet everything in the games and Jap version of the anime suggests they can. So, why can't we catch a Pokemon that's KO'd? Did we kill it somehow, preventing us from capturing said Pokemon?

When wild Pokémon faint, they go SSJ and use their last bit of strength to escape, meaning you can't capture it.

in Pokémon, Mew is can use any pokemon move, but how can you surf on it? Fly on it? IMPOSSIBLE! lol

BTW if you READ what the games say, when a pokemon faints it cant FIGHT, it can still do other things :p
I used to be confused about that too.

Umbreot said:
HOW IS ASH STILL THE SAME AGE?!?!

It has been suggested that the entire anime since the first episode is just a very long dream of Ash while he lies in a coma, induced by Pikachu's Thundershock.

apophys said:
Umbreot said:

It has been suggested that the entire anime since the first episode is just a very long dream of Ash while he lies in a coma, induced by Pikachu's Thundershock.
Dang that would be cool. And they can start over and maybe make the cartoon good.:p

How come all of the criminal organizations (Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Galactic) do not have extremely strict security for their top-secret headquarters? Also why would their leaders only equip their minions with Zubats, Ekans, and Ratattas to protect their secrets? Also why would they let some ten year old kid walk around freely, steal their stuff, and overthrow their leader's plans.

Doodad 126 says :

"How come all of the criminal organizations (Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Galactic) do not have extremely strict security for their top-secret headquarters? Also why would their leaders only equip their minions with Zubats, Ekans, and Ratattas to protect their secrets? Also why would they let some ten year old kid walk around freely, steal their stuff, and overthrow their leader's plans. "

Hahaha. You are right. If these " teams " were actual criminal teams like Mafia, they would have shot or killed Ash or anyone else who tried to interfere with their plans. And heck, if they were that secretive, how come everyone knows who they are? :p

Just goes to say, Pokemon = Unrealistic ! :D

Also, when in the resturant, many of them say something along the lines of "you're challenging me while I'm X", while the battle screen always opens with "you are challenged by". Also, all of the pre-battle statements that you answer yes/no to that determine if you battle aren't nessecarily questions, let alone YN questions.

doodad126 said:
How come all of the criminal organizations (Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Galactic) do not have extremely strict security for their top-secret headquarters? Also why would their leaders only equip their minions with Zubats, Ekans, and Ratattas to protect their secrets? Also why would they let some ten year old kid walk around freely, steal their stuff, and overthrow their leader's plans.

In the anime: All pokemon are powerful, Pikachu, one of the weakest pokemon on earth is beast in the anime, so that's acceptable
In the game: They are given weak pokemon since it was meant to be a challenge, but not one that you would have to repeat.

apophys said:
Umbreot said:

Lol! that explains why Ash never recognizes Team-Rocket when they disguise themselves :p

Another Plothole: In the anime Johto episodes, I think the second gm leader, the Flying guy, has a Dodrio with Fly and Ash says that Dodrio can't fly when ever freakin Dodrio in all the games could lear Fly.

SO how can Doduo could learn fly in the game and it's even weaker?

when james teamed up with gardenia in the TV show. Gardenia's turtwig dodged swift from aipom.

:'(

Heres another one!

Lt.Surge's Raichu had 5 attacks, where in game you cant have more than 4 !

The Raichu knew :
Mega Punch
Mega Kick
Thunderbolt
Body Slam
Slam ( I think)

In PMDEO_, if you are a Torchic, then when you first step on the grate, your footprint cannot be identified and Diglett says, "You don't see many Torchic around here!" or something like that. Yet when your partner is a Torchic, his/her footprint is immediately recognized. That's the same for every Pokemon, i just chose Torchic.

Maybe every file is a slightly different alternate reality? :/ I don't know. Also, how come some physical moves can affect ghosts? Wouldn't the user just pass right through the ghost?

Come to think of it, I do remember May's Skitty using Blizzard on Duxclops and it says that NORMAL TYPES moves wont affect a GHOST TYPE. Well, Blizzard is 100 % ICE TYPE, not NORMAL.

Hmmm.. Maybe her Skitty had that Normalize Ability? :S

At least in PMD2, Skitty has an ability that makes all of its moves Normal type.

Also, Nincada is strange. The newest card says it is virtually blind, but its ability is Compoundeyes, which increases accuracy. How does that work?

Back