Pokemon Pokemon Plotholes Discussion Thread

RE: Pokemon Plotholes!

red blastoise said:
FireMeowth said:
It's because you have to be able to use them to get back as well. Imagine going up a waterfall, deleting the HM Move, and being stuck up there for the rest of the game.
That's really the only reason.

the only reason is busted, as you keep all H'M's

Oh, yeah. I mixed it up with the reason why you can't release Pokémon anywhere, I guess. There's no reason for the Hm-thingy.

i don't know, maybe someone has mentioned it already, but wailord's egg group enables it to breed with skitty, seedot, diglett, farfetch'd and many other small pokemon.

Here's a plothole;
Those gold bands around Giratina are meant to be it's ribcage, right?
So, how comes in Movie 11 Giratina used it's ribcage to stop Zero's ship from moving by holding on to it? o.o;

Maybe they aren't a rib cage. Maybe they're sort of like funny-looking arms. I don't know. Here's another plot hole: The ability Intimidate. A Staravia can indimidate a Gyarados, or even a Wailord! How does that work?!

Because when it comes to animals, size doesn't always matter @ Godzilla.
It's perceiving hostility that matters.

In the TV show, they eat Cheeseburgers.
Tasty Tasty Miltank

That's horrible!

From G/S. You finnaly beat the Elite 4 for the first time and you are now able to acces Kanto....with low level wild Pokes and high level Trainers and Gym Leaders.... WTHeck!?

The worthless protoplasm called Ditto can transform into any Pokemon, without having the DNA for it like Mew.

Why on earth did they bother making Eevee without all possible Evolutionary forms? I'm talking about the 'not yet discovered' Evos. You know, Flyeon, Rockeon, Normeon, Fighteon, Drageon etc.

About the Eevee formes, if they released them all at once, there'd be even less interest in the games... I know quite a few people who love Pokemon Diamond & pearl primarily for Ev'lutions.

True still, ever since I saw it's Pokedex entry in R/B/Y I was thinking about it.

I find the fact that you can't go around things or climb on top of things to be a plot hole. It reminds me of how Snorlax blocked the way in the First Generation. In real life a person could just crawl on top of Snorlax.

Not necessarily! The Snorlax could EAT YOU!

- For some reason, in each game, YOU ALWAYS are the "chosen one." Except in Red/Blue
- You can have a game for 3 years, and you still are 10!

You're a vampire ("vegetarian") off of Twilight.
You can't age. Neither can anyone else... :/

dragonexpert said...
"I find the fact that you can't go around things or climb on top of things to be a plot hole. It reminds me of how Snorlax blocked the way in the First Generation. In real life a person could just crawl on top of Snorlax."

This may not be as exciting as the answer Dezuray gave you, but...
Programming the ability to go on top of something without going through it (especially something that does something AKA an event) is extremely hard. I'm programming a video game right now, and... :/ Trust me. It's not easy.

Paper PokeMaster said:

dragonexpert said...
"I find the fact that you can't go around things or climb on top of things to be a plot hole. It reminds me of how Snorlax blocked the way in the First Generation. In real life a person could just crawl on top of Snorlax."

Programming the ability to go on top of something without going through it (especially something that does something AKA an event) is extremely hard. I'm programming a video game right now, and... :/ Trust me. It's not easy.

maybe, but you could expect nintendo to have really really really good programmers, not?

Especially in the Pokemon Department...

Rahhh I like my answer better :/

red blastoise said:
Paper PokeMaster said:

dragonexpert said...

maybe, but you could expect nintendo to have really really really good programmers, not?

Also... It might seem hard to me because I'm not very good at programming.
:/ I mean scripting for all you programming wizards out there.

Buildings are smaller in square space on the outside than on the inside. :O

4 tiles outside.... 6-8 inside..

Here's one (not sure if its been mentioned before)

Tropius ix 4x weak to ice. You battle one on one of the snowy routes.

Happens in Platinum.

Dezuray said:

have you seen harry potter 4? well, watch it, and at the beginning at the quidditch world tournament, thats how they do it, it's magic 0.0

Dezuray said:

Haven't you learned that from Blue's Clues?

How can Bubble hurt things? I mean, really. Bubbles? Hurting things? I think I have the right to be scared.

red blastoise said:
Dezuray said:

have you seen harry potter 4? well, watch it, and at the beginning at the quidditch world tournament, thats how they do it, it's magic 0.0

"I love magic..."

What about how when before we discover the next generation of Pokémon, none of the other Pokémon just happen to evolve into their new forms (ex, Chansey -->Blissey) and none of the Pokémon that lay eggs just happen not to lay the new babys (ex: Raichu --> Pichu)

Back