BW/BW2 Pokemon types you'd like to see?

What type of pokemon would you like to see more of?

• Normal

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Fire

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Water

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Electric

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Grass

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Ice

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Fighting

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Poison

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Ground

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Flying

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Psychic

• Bug

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Rock

• Ghost

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Dark

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Steel

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • ???

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters
Hemlocke said:
Hoping to see a lot of new type combos. Seems likely with dragon/electric, dragon/fire, and ground/dark , none of which have been seen before.

Didn't we have a ground dark? I thought it was Hippopotas, or Tyranitar... Actually no, T-tar is rock dark...

Haha yes, the Fire-type was hilariousin the 4th gen. Chimchar + evo's, Magmortar and Heatran. I'd like to see some more Steel (although not too much :P) some Ice and Bug perhaps?

SinRaven said:
Ice, I sure want to see more original ice types, maybe a mountain goat?

I love you. Your mind had the audacity to think up a mountain goat pokemon, and for that reason, I love you.:p

Darkrai said:
Majora_787 said:
We need ghosts and not-legendary dragons. They ARE a minority.

Agreed. I would like to see some more non-legendary and non-pseudo legendary Dragon-types.

But that would ruin the point of how rare dragon's are supossed to be.

We need a Pure Flying type... and possibly a Pure Dragon type. All the Dragons I remember were dual types but if there is already a pure Dragon then I take back that last part.

sturtle said:
Dark doesn't get enough love. It needs more.

Riiiight, I believe this is the moment where I step back slowly.

JK. Lol, I was addicted to the mountain goat idea that I ended up drawing it. Will upload soon.

Jhawley said:
Agreed. I would like to see some more non-legendary and non-pseudo legendary Dragon-types.

[/quote]

If we get two ghost types and one non-legendary dragon again, and everything else that we haven't seen is either normal or water, you are not allowed to say one word in complaint. If you do, you will learn what it feels like when cheese is grated.

And that shouldn't drag down ghost types OR fighting types.

EDIT: Flying is also a specific type, and I BELIEVE it has more pokemon than ghost and dragon combined. Steel is also specific, as is ice. FIghting is also specific, as is grass. They ALL have more.

I never said that first quote. I don't knwo where you got that from.
And I hope we get a proportionate amount of other types such as grass, water, dark, etc etc but like I said I think dragons are suposssed to be rare and I think that's how it will stay whether or not they are well represented with a good selection to pick from.

Majora_787 said:

If we get two ghost types and one non-legendary dragon again, and everything else that we haven't seen is either normal or water, you are not allowed to say one word in complaint. If you do, you will learn what it feels like when cheese is grated.

EDIT: Flying is also a specific type, and I BELIEVE it has more pokemon than ghost and dragon combined. Steel is also specific, as is ice. FIghting is also specific, as is grass. They ALL have more.

Dragon and ghost are way more specific than the other types you summed up. You don't need to hold onto a specific form for creating the grass/ice/etc. types. But with Dragon you must always make it dragon-like, and with Ghost you must always make it ghostly. But with Grass you can make a tree-, flower-, moss-like creature, but even more. Same for the other 14 types.

And since in our world dragons and ghost don't exist, it's harder to base them from real creatures, like you can do with the Flying type (basically any creature that can fly).

SinRaven said:

Dragon and ghost are way more specific than the other types you summed up. You don't need to hold onto a specific form for creating the grass/ice/etc. types. But with Dragon you must always make it dragon-like, and with Ghost you must always make it ghostly. But with Grass you can make a tree-, flower-, moss-like creature, but even more. Same for the other 14 types.

And since in our world dragons and ghost don't exist, it's harder to base them from real creatures, like you can do with the Flying type (basically any creature that can fly).
[/quote]

And anything else in pokemon exists?

If it's grass type, it has to be a plant. You could argue there are several KINDS of ghosts like banshees, poltergeists, and whatnot. You just don't want to accept that point of view.

However, dragons... Well, that argument on variety is not one I'll bother making, because I suppose it IS reasonable for dragons to be rare...er.

^ Off course there are several types of ghosts. But they all come from the same idea, and so creating a Ghost-type pokémon is not so easy as creating Grass or Ice or ...

And I disagree with you that grass pokemon have to be based of flowers. Most of them are based of animals, there were just visable plant-like features added.

Anyhow, we both clearly have different opinions and I'm not changing mine whatsoever. So should we just finish this discussion and call it an even?

SinRaven said:
And I disagree with you that grass pokemon have to be based of flowers. Most of them are based of animals, there were just visable plant-like features added.

Even it is, but nowhere did I imply they had to be flowers. I said they had to be plants. Which, is exactly the case.

ANYWAY, grass types are the 4th largest type. I think they're good for a little while and can take a bit of a break from having major outbreaks for one generation.

I would love to see a decent Bug/Water. All we have now is Surskit and it loses it's unique typing when it evolves.

Back