Proposed Forum Restructuring

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
EDIT: REFER TO POST #38 ON THE SECOND PAGE FOR AN UPDATED OUTLINE.

What do you guys think of restructuring the forums to be like this? Please don't just say you like it or dislike it. Give suggestions with explanations. Gracias.

PokeBeach.com ////
Front Page News
Website Feedback
Introduce Yourself!

Pokemon Trading Card Game ///
General Discussion
Trade, Sell, and Buy Cards
Fix My Deck!
Strategy and Card Combos
Card of the Day
Ruling and Card Questions
Online and Offline Play

Pokemon Games ///
4th Generation Discussion
Trade Station
Battle Stadium
Rate My Team!
Older Generations Discussion

Pokemon World ///
Episodes & Movies
General Pokemon Discussion

Fan Creations ///
Fan Art & Critique
Writing Corner
Fake Cards
Celadon Mart

Community Gathering ///
Off-Topic Discussion
Clans & Clubs
Game Corner

I like this idea and outline except for the trade and sell section. I think this would be a better one. Buy Sell or Trade. Other than that that should be a better heading for that part of the foums.:)

Article Submissions forum... where is it? Don't tell me you're getting rid of it, please. It's one of the best ways for members to write about a specific area or deck of the TCG they are well-versed in. Other than that, looks good, can't find many flaws. Seemingly less cluttered than the current layout.

xxashxx said:
I like this idea and outline except for the trade and sell section. I thimk this would be a better one. Buy Seel or Trade. Other than that that should be a better heading for that part of the foums.:)

I agree , it includes everything that people do in the title, and causes less confusion.

Seperate fake card forum is definately needed, so I say go ahead WPM ;) Especially with the new blanks and everything.

Off-Topic Discussion? I'd rather retain the current name. Talking about non-Pokemon topics isn't "off-topic" IMO.

Other than that this sounds good. Yay Jon for doing forum reform.

You have both online and offline play in the same forum? It was my understanding that both of those separate forums get acceptable attention as of right now, why combine them? Then threads get lost/tossed to the back pages rather quickly.

Edit: Scratch that, just checked out the Redshark forum and I guess you made the right call.

Water Pokémon Master said:
What do you guys think of restructuring the forums to be like this? Please don't just say you like it or dislike it. Give suggestions with explanations. Gracias.

PokeBeach.com ////
Front Page News
Website Feedback
Introduce Yourself!

Pokemon Trading Card Game ///
General Discussion
Article Submissions
Trade, Sell, and Buy Cards
Fix My Deck!
Fake Decklist Competitions
Strategy and Card Combos
Card of the Day
Ruling and Card Questions
Online and Offline Play

Pokemon Games ///
4th Generation Discussion
Trade Station
Battle Stadium
Rate My Team!
Older Generations Discussion

Pokemon World ///
Episodes & Movies
General Pokemon Discussion

Fan Creations ///
Fan Art & Critique
Writing Corner
Fake Cards Thank you...
Celadon Mart
Art/Spoiler Competitions

Community Gathering ///
Off-Topic Discussion
Clans & Clubs
Game Corner

All I have to say. Like this, BTW.

Suggestions:

1) Assuming you didn't leave it off by mistake, Entertainment Talk should have its own forum alongside Off-Topic discussion. You cannot have casual discussion, TV shows, video games, and more all in one forum. It's way too cluttered. Combining the two would create a forum that's extremely active and has no sub-forums to divide and control the discussion.

2) I'd like to propose that the Fake Cards forum be turned into something of a general faking forum, mainly so we have a place for fan made games (such as Fangking's Pokemon Acanthite). It also gives a place for people to organize Fakemon sets, although these are few and far between.

3) By 4th generation discussion, do you mean just DPPHGSS, or every single 4th gen game ever (like PBR, some of the Mystery Dungeons, etc)? Either way, I'm suggesting a forum entirely for 4th gen competitive discussion. The TCG forum has its competitive section (Strategy and Card Combos), it's unfair to not have something similar for VG players.

bacon said:
Suggestions:

1) Assuming you didn't leave it off by mistake, Entertainment Talk should have its own forum alongside Off-Topic discussion. You cannot have casual discussion, TV shows, video games, and more all in one forum. It's way too cluttered. Combining the two would create a forum that's extremely active and has no sub-forums to divide and control the discussion.

2) I'd like to propose that the Fake Cards forum be turned into something of a general faking forum, mainly so we have a place for fan made games (such as Fangking's Pokemon Acanthite). It also gives a place for people to organize Fakemon sets, although these are few and far between.

3) By 4th generation discussion, do you mean just DPPHGSS, or every single 4th gen game ever (like PBR, some of the Mystery Dungeons, etc)? Either way, I'm suggesting a forum entirely for 4th gen competitive discussion. The TCG forum has its competitive section (Strategy and Card Combos), it's unfair to not have something similar for VG players.

1. We wanted to put all of those threads into Misc and give it some more attention....currently, its odd how the main Entertainment Talk forum is non-pokemon, and the Pokemon Anime (Pokemon-Related) is the sub forum. This fixes that issue.

2. If Fake Games/Dexes were popular with people in the least I would say that it would make sense, but we need to compare the number of Fake Cards/Fake Card Sets with the number of Fake Games/Mon. The problem with most Fake Games/Dexes is that they either A) Have their own forums or B) Die in the planning stage. Thats not something I would designate a forum for unless there was much more actual results and activity.

3. The forum would be mainly for DPP / HGSS. The rationale for that was that most people only talk about those games these days, so thats why it had it's own forum and the other three gen's didn't. Technically I guess you could have a PBR or Mystery Dungeon topic in there (I dont see any other place for it), but I haven't seen many of those lately.

Hope I helped to explain some of these things, we were talking about the structure for quite some time last night so we did cover many of the things you had suggested.

-Black Rayquaza

Gliscor - As far as the Competition sub-forum, that was discussed as well in the earlier stages of discussion. The problem with that is there really isn't enough solid competitions to have it's own sub forum, and even so that would take away from the Fan Art & Critique forum...from what I was told, if the number of good, active competitions increase then that would be an option. I dont know if I would go as far as to say Spoiler Competitions should even go in fan creations.....if anywhere, I would throw it into the forum you made in the TCG section (Name it something like Fake Decklists and Spoilers or something) as there really isn't anything the fan is creating but an idea and some text (sorry if that sounds harsh in any way, but that's really what it is)

-Black Rayquaza

1) You want to give Entertainment Talk more attention? It's a forum that has +1000 threads in it, making it more active than a lot of other forums. By combining it with Off-topic you are making a forum with +3000 threads... more than all of Fan Creations combined, which seems to be getting its own entire branch of forums. If you feel as though a forum needs more attention, the last thing you do is throw it in with the very active off-topic forum.

2) Fake Games are sort of popular, they come in and out of fashion. It doesn't matter how popular they are anyway, I'm just proposing a small modification to what has already been decided (i.e. throw in Fake Games with the Fake Cards instead of Fan Art and Critique). It makes more sense for Fake games to go in a forum entirely dedicated to faking than it does to go in a forum of art galleries and such. Fakemon could go either way, I guess.

3) OK, but what about the competitive forum?

bacon said:
1) You want to give Entertainment Talk more attention? It's a forum that has +1000 threads in it, making it more active than a lot of other forums. By combining it with Off-topic you are making a forum with +3000 threads... more than all of Fan Creations combined, which seems to be getting its own entire branch of forums. If you feel as though a forum needs more attention, the last thing you do is throw it in with the very active off-topic forum.

2) Fake Games are sort of popular, they come in and out of fashion. It doesn't matter how popular they are anyway, I'm just proposing a small modification to what has already been decided (i.e. throw in Fake Games with the Fake Cards instead of Fan Art and Critique). It makes more sense for Fake games to go in a forum entirely dedicated to faking than it does to go in a forum of art galleries and such. I apply the same reasoning to Fakemon.

3) OK, but what about the competitive forum?

1. It was really the fact that Non-Pokemon Discussion topics belong either in its own forum or in Misc....I dont think anyone had said anything about just moving Entertainment Talk somewhere else, but that could work.

2. That could work.....I say we talk to Xous/Raikou and see what they think.

3. I believe that forum is where competitive discussion would take place. That and the Clans and Clubs forum....I think thats plenty of places for it to occur.

-Black Rayquaza

Where did the HeartGold/SoulSilver forum go? Where will people discuss this topic because it doesn't fit into any other place :(

In case there was any confusion about what I mean for Entertainment Talk, I am only suggesting we change this:

Community Gathering ///
Off-Topic Discussion
Clans & Clubs
Game Corner

To this:

Community Gathering ///
Off-Topic Discussion
Entertainment Talk
Clans & Clubs
Game Corner

---

Now I know what you guys are thinking in regards to 3). But let me post my reasons as to why a separate forum for competitive discussion is needed.

- Competitive play should be promoted, and be given its own specific forum to grow and flourish in.
- The TCG section has a separate competitive/strategic forum, there's no reason to leave the VG players out.
- Having a forum entirely dedicated to competitive play looks good from an outsiders point of view.

My points in detail,

- Competitive play should be promoted, and be given its own specific forum to grow and flourish in.

The current DPP forum seems to be a mix of both casual and competitive discussion. We have the occasional competitive thread, but these are largely drowned out by the more frequent casual threads. In short, by combining everything together, you don't give any room for the competitive community to truly grow and expand. It's also something of an atmospheric thing- for example, people will be less inclined to make an intelligent thread about the demise of Heracross in competitive battling when it's lumped into the same forum as "how do i catch spiritoom????" threads.

- The TCG section has a separate competitive/strategic forum, there's no reason to leave the VG players out.

My point about the TCG section having its own competitive forum is self explanatory, so I won't go into any further detail there.

- Having a forum entirely dedicated to competitive play looks good from an outsiders point of view.

It just gives the forum an overall more intelligent atmosphere. Imagine you are totally new to Pokebeach and are just checking the forums out. You'd be more impressed if there was a competitive forum, no? And this sort of thing is going to attract the competitive players too, meaning we're not going to be drawing in any "bad" members.

So here, I have highlighted the benefits of having a competitive forum. The only reason anyone would want to argue against this is if a competitive forum had some kind of negative affect that outweighs the positives. But... there are literally no negative points at all. So make it happen! :p

Sounds like a plan, breakfast food man =)

On a more serious note, those are all good points.....but it should go under the Clans and Clubs forum =P

As far as the competitive forum, I say that we should try it on a trial basis...if it does well, great, if not, lets go back to the current system. I'm all for the competitive atmosphere's growth, but at the same time if the interest isn't there we cant just change the forums to reflect an imaginary view of the members we WANT, that's just not how it should be (our forums should reflect the interests that current forum members have).

-Black Rayquaza

karimsoliman94 said:
sorry if this has been said before but where is trade reputations

To the best of my knowledge, sub-forums were not posted in this thread.....these are all the main forums. The sub forums arent being deleted but there won't be as many with Fan Creations getting its own category and other changes...but I'm sure Trade Reputation is still there. I'll see if I cant figure out why they arent there, and possibly add them so that we can give you guys an exact look at what we're thinking of doing.

-Black Rayquaza

CARD OF THE DAY MAIN FORUM LIBERATION!

See guys, this plan has something for everyone. :D

Back