Quick Competitive Play Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: General NXD-On Question

I would stick with the yveltal / garbador deck because it is best. You could attack with darkrai EX for those lightning type pokemon, and you could tech in our own raichu's to deal with yveltal or pyroar if garbador isn't out yet.

Best Pokemon for countering Klinklang?

I'm running a Team Plasma deck that revolves around Lugia, Deoxys, Kyurem (TP) and Thundurus. And because I cant touch Klingklang, or any steel types with my EX Pokemon, I cant hardly attack :'/. What do you think is a good Pokemon to add to get around this problem? Or should I scrap my team plasma deck and focus on my M Venusaur deck?

RE: Xerneas EX / Xerneas / Aromatisse

TangelaKnot said:
I've been wondering why there are no metadecks playing Xerneas EX? To me, paired with Xerneas "Geomancy" and Aromatisse's "Fairy Transfer" they can accelerate energy attachment to Xerneas EX. Along with Fairy Garden for free retreat? Xerneas EX seems to be a very powerful attacker with "X Blast" doing 140 damage for 4 energy & "Break Through" doing 60 and 30 to the bench! Once set-up wouldn't Xerneas dominate?

Why does no one play Xerneas EX?
That deck takes too much setup and has too many counters. The fact is that almost every other deck is twice as fast as Aromatisse now adays so you really can't afford to fall behind.

Spiritomb Question

So I had a competitive question about Spiritomb LTR. If I were to play it, would an ACE SPEC even be worth playing? I think so, since it's HP isn't too high, but I'm not really sure.

RE: Spiritomb Question

LoneWolf2113 said:
So I had a competitive question about Spiritomb LTR. If I were to play it, would an ACE SPEC even be worth playing? I think so, since it's HP isn't too high, but I'm not really sure.

Master Ball to use Spiritomb? e.e But jokes aside, I believe it is worth it, because there will be a time when you opponent would already play their Ace-SPEC, or when your Spiritomb is prized.

Hmm. Makes sense. I asked because I was contemplating ordering Dowsing Machine off eBay and wasn't sure whether I should put Spiritomb LTR in the deck that I'm planning on playing since Dowsing Machine was gonna be in there too. Thanks, Luis!

Is N getting rotated?

So I was adding my shopping, adding all the cards I need for my deck, (http://i.imgur.com/mAR2uHb.jpg) and I put N to my cart and I looked at the symbol of the card and it was Dark Explorers, and that is not apart of the legal sets list. So can anyone answer my question, because I read on bulbapedia, and it said pokemon rotates the set but some cards in it survive. So yeah. This may be a retorical question, but I am really serious about this before I spend $12 on three copies of this.

RE: Is N getting rotated?

Neos said:
So I was adding my shopping, adding all the cards I need for my deck, (http://i.imgur.com/mAR2uHb.jpg) and I put N to my cart and I looked at the symbol of the card and it was Dark Explorers, and that is not apart of the legal sets list. So can anyone answer my question, because I read on bulbapedia, and it said pokemon rotates the set but some cards in it survive. So yeah. This may be a retorical question, but I am really serious about this before I spend $12 on three copies of this.

N is still legal after rotation because it has been reprinted as a Promo card.

Brave Vesperia said:
Neos said:

So which one should I buy?

Neos said:
Brave Vesperia said:
So which one should I buy?

Both will be legal, since if a card not in the legal has a reprint that's in the legal sets, you can use the older version. The older one's cheaper, but the Promo looks nicer, so it's up to you, really.

Is kangaskhan EX doomed with furious fists coming out soon? I really like him as a tank and the fact that he doesn't need certain energy for decent attacks.

is shadow circle and rainbow energy a viable tech to be used around its weakness?

ryter78 said:
Is kangaskhan EX doomed with furious fists coming out soon? I really like him as a tank and the fact that he doesn't need certain energy for decent attacks.

If you're talking about the Mega, when you're playing it with Aromatisse, you can still survive most of the weaker attacks Fighting has (Hammerhead, Missile Jab, Muddy Water). Other stuff like Hawlucha and Corkscrew Smash can KO it with a few damage boosters, and Land's Judgment and Somersault Kick can easily kill it. If you're using Fairy, you can still easily just use other attackers like Yveltal, or Mewtwo, or whatever, really. I think Kangaskhan is strong enough that it can still be played in decks that have alternative attackers.

If you're talking about the regular Kangaskhan, I don't think it was that great of a card by itself in the first place.

ryter78 said:
is shadow circle and rainbow energy a viable tech to be used around its weakness?

If you're already playing Rainbow Energy, sure, as long as you have enough Shadow Circles. It's not bad at all if your deck has a crippling weakness. Although, some decks may prefer Fairy Garden. If you're not already playing Rainbow Energy, depends on how bad the weakness is. I'd say in most cases, you can definitely live without the Shadow Circle. But if it's to fix that 1 bad match up that you can't make better any other way, and it doesn't hinder your deck too badly, it's not the worst thing in the world.

Machamp The Champion said:
ryter78 said:

If you're talking about the Mega, when you're playing it with Aromatisse, you can still survive most of the weaker attacks Fighting has (Hammerhead, Missile Jab, Muddy Water). Other stuff like Hawluncha and Corkscrew Smash can KO it with a few damage boosters, and Land's Judgment and Somersault Kick can easily kill it. If you're using Fairy, you can still easily just use other attackers like Yveltal, or Mewtwo, or whatever, really. I think Kangaskhan is strong enough that it can still be played in decks that have alternative attackers.
lol, needed to point that out. xD Hilarious, Machamp, just hilarious.

ryter78 said:

If you're already playing Rainbow Energy, sure, as long as you have enough Shadow Circles. It's not bad at all if your deck has a crippling weakness. Although, some decks may prefer Fairy Garden. If you're not already playing Rainbow Energy, depends on how bad the weakness is. I'd say in most cases, you can definitely live without the Shadow Circle. But if it's to fix that 1 bad match up that you can't make better any other way, and it doesn't hinder your deck too badly, it's not the worst thing in the world.
[/quote]

Well, if you are playing Rainbow Energy you can always play Shadow Circle to remove it's Weakness and Darkrai-EX for the free Retreat.

[split] New Rising Fist Decks

How do you all feel about beartic? It is a perfect counter for pyroar and landy. I could see some big time play for it as another tech in vir/gen along with mewtwo and raichu. Yes it clogs up an already clogged deck, but its a big player in matchups. For just a DCE is hits for 20+ the 20 for each retreat cost on the opponents pokemon. It gets the quick knock out on your opponent and helps stall for a turn with its 130 hp. Could this card have any potential or is just a situational probability?

Has the rotation occured yet?

Twice in a row on playtcg, I had people scoop on me because I was playing cards from NXD-DV. But I thought the rotation wasn't until the end of the month. I don't mind playing BC on, but unless it's official, I don't see how they can get so uptight about it.

RE: Has the rotation occured yet?

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/play-pokemon-2015-season-format-rotation/

As it states in here, rotation does not occur until September 3rd.

Most people use it as a site to play test the new set (seeing as it already has it). The thinking is, if you want to play the old way, PTCGO hasn't converted yet, so why not play there

I honestly agree with it. PlayTCG has the new set, so if I felt like playing worlds format id play somewhere else

I had a guy scoop to me because I was playing FIF and he "wanted to test for worlds". Well them why are you using one of the only sims with the new set?
I honestly don't care if people play NXD-DV, but they can't get upset when I play FIF

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
I had a guy scoop to me because I was playing FIF and he "wanted to test for worlds". Well them why are you using one of the only sims with the new set?

I use PlayTCG over PTCGO because PlayTCG just lets you play with whatever cards you like without having to trade or use pack codes to acquire them first. I don't really have the time to (nor would particularly like to) go and collect every single card for every single deck that I test online. PlayTCG is more convenient for those who aren't as established in terms of collection, but still want to explore different competitive decks.

If I were play-testing for Worlds, and actually had access to all the cards on PTCGO, I would absolutely use it, but until then PlayTCG is really the only option.

Auride said:
AlexanderTheAwesome said:

I use PlayTCG over PTCGO because PlayTCG just lets you play with whatever cards you like without having to trade or use pack codes to acquire them first. I don't really have the time to (nor would particularly like to) go and collect every single card for every single deck that I test online. PlayTCG is more convenient for those who aren't as established in terms of collection, but still want to explore different competitive decks.

If I were play-testing for Worlds, and actually had access to all the cards on PTCGO, I would absolutely use it, but until then PlayTCG is really the only option.

That's fine, but people can't complain if other people use FIF. You're going into the program knowing that FIF is a legal set there, so I don't see how people get upset when others would like to use it.

(Also, I'm not targeting you. Sorry if it looks tht way)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back