Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new Radiant Tsareena will debut in Incandescent Arcana! The set releases in Japan on September 2nd and should then become part of our Silver Tempest set in December. Thanks goes to Law T. for the translation!
Radiant Tsareena – Grass – HP140
Basic Pokemon
You can’t have more than 1 Radiant Pokemon in your deck.
Ability: Elegant Treatment
Once during your turn, you may heal 20 damage from each of your Pokemon.
[G][C][C] Perfume Shot: 90 damage. Remove all Special Conditions from this Pokemon.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Continue reading...

Last edited:

NotSeen

Aspiring Trainer
Don't forget, it's a BASIC Pokémon, so you can play it straight. For healing fun decks it's incredibly overpowered. Not judging only META decks; some people play for fun and I like this idea of improved Serperior far away back from B&W expansion.

Fireball27

The only Scarlet player
AGAIN? Will they please stop making horrible Radiant Pokemon. Everyone except Greninja (Who's not the best to begin with) is useless in a competitive format! They're not even that good collecting.

Fireball27

The only Scarlet player
AGAIN? Will they please stop making horrible Radiant Pokemon. Everyone except Greninja (Who's not the best to begin with) is useless in a competitive format! They're not even that good collecting.
Well, I guess it could be used well, but probably not well enough in Standard

ProfesserPopplio

Professional Air Breather
There are good radiant Pokémon, charzard, greninja, gardevoir, Halucha, venasaur. Yes, there are bad ones, but that should not mean they all have to go.

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
- Charizard has had a lot of interest as a potent attacker
- Blastoise has had interest as the main mon for snipe focused Rapid Strike decks
- Hawlucha has seen usage in some lists to hit the OHKO numbers on VMaxes (The current format makes VMaxes pretty bad, so its not seeing as much usage. Was high usage in japan on release)
- Gardevoir has seen lots of usage in japan, in creating more long range decks. Probably more needed cause of Giratina VStar.
- Sneaseler revived dark decks somewhat in japan, as it makes galarian weezing that much more potent (60 damage a tick is VERY nice), meaning they can use it to delay opposing setup until they are ready to go.
- Steelix doesn't see usage, but, if decks require low cards in deck, then it could prove its worth before metal saucer rotates.
- Eevee has a niche for early game searching. With a large bench of different type pokemon, it can be used to search out your combo pieces, making it useful in combo focused decks.
- Venu has use in some decks to draw cards at the end of the turn. Could see use in Dewgong, but has seen some usage in mewtwo

fleshrum

Cephalophore
this is below the power level they ought to be, but not by much. in matches where the only options are 2hkos against your active, healing even a small amount could easily make the difference between surviving the second attack and losing 2-3 prizes.

how much HP recovery would make this card playable in a deck with a bulky, control-oriented playstyle (eg Togekiss VMax style)? how much would make it an OP auto-include?

Fireball27

The only Scarlet player
- Charizard has had a lot of interest as a potent attacker
- Blastoise has had interest as the main mon for snipe focused Rapid Strike decks
- Hawlucha has seen usage in some lists to hit the OHKO numbers on VMaxes (The current format makes VMaxes pretty bad, so its not seeing as much usage. Was high usage in japan on release)
- Gardevoir has seen lots of usage in japan, in creating more long range decks. Probably more needed cause of Giratina VStar.
- Sneaseler revived dark decks somewhat in japan, as it makes galarian weezing that much more potent (60 damage a tick is VERY nice), meaning they can use it to delay opposing setup until they are ready to go.
- Steelix doesn't see usage, but, if decks require low cards in deck, then it could prove its worth before metal saucer rotates.
- Eevee has a niche for early game searching. With a large bench of different type pokemon, it can be used to search out your combo pieces, making it useful in combo focused decks.
- Venu has use in some decks to draw cards at the end of the turn. Could see use in Dewgong, but has seen some usage in mewtwo

I guess you're right.
And man, you just don't see too much Radiant usage in the West.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
One of my favorite Pokemon, so I loved that Tsareena V was an absolute monster in Expanded. This doesn't seem anywhere near as good, as you're better off using Radiant Gardevoir with Cheryls/Hyper Potions and in expanded Max Potions. I mean I guess the "advantage" is that you can theoretically heal 120 HP across the board, but that's never really going to be a thing outside of facing the upcoming fun/gimmick Mismagius deck.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
So, uh, I'm not incredibly sure how hard it is to pull a Radiant in EN, but if it's anything like the Japanese pull rate, why exactly do you want Radiants to be meta-defining cards? There's only a handful of things the English TCG does right, and one of them is that any card that is extremely playable should not be extremely rare (or, if a rare print exists, it can come only if a relatively much easier to pull copy also exists).

e.g.s a Gold UR Trainer card invariably follows its non-holo common/uncommon print. A hard-to-pull alt art/rainbow VMax has a much easier-to-pull regular print VMax counterpart. Yes, there are exceptions you will be able to find, but they are the exceptions and not the standard.

Radiants have...only Radiants. There is no alternate, easier-to-pull print, and the fact only a handful of them are playable (and, by design, only as single card tech-ins rather than meta-defining focuses of the deck) is a good thing. A card that is extremely playable that is also extremely rare would be much more expensive as both collectors and players would be chasing it at the same time. We used to have to deal with this in older TCG blocks; I recall it being a problem during Gen 3 with myriad playable ex cards, even when the pull rate of an ex dropped down to 1-2 per box – to say nothing of several very good Gold Star cards. If you want a healthy competitive scene where things do not feel pay to win, you do not want to go back to that.

Digg07

Aspiring Trainer
So, uh, I'm not incredibly sure how hard it is to pull a Radiant in EN, but if it's anything like the Japanese pull rate, why exactly do you want Radiants to be meta-defining cards? There's only a handful of things the English TCG does right, and one of them is that any card that is extremely playable should not be extremely rare (or, if a rare print exists, it can come only if a relatively much easier to pull copy also exists).

e.g.s a Gold UR Trainer card invariably follows its non-holo common/uncommon print. A hard-to-pull alt art/rainbow VMax has a much easier-to-pull regular print VMax counterpart. Yes, there are exceptions you will be able to find, but they are the exceptions and not the standard.

Radiants have...only Radiants. There is no alternate, easier-to-pull print, and the fact only a handful of them are playable (and, by design, only as single card tech-ins rather than meta-defining focuses of the deck) is a good thing. A card that is extremely playable that is also extremely rare would be much more expensive as both collectors and players would be chasing it at the same time. We used to have to deal with this in older TCG blocks; I recall it being a problem during Gen 3 with myriad playable ex cards, even when the pull rate of an ex dropped down to 1-2 per box – to say nothing of several very good Gold Star cards. If you want a healthy competitive scene where things do not feel pay to win, you do not want to go back to that.
I would say radiant cards are sort of protected from being meta-inflated price to the same extent as say palkia vstar because they are limited to 1 per deck. The demand will be automatically 2-3x lower than a meta defining card that can have up to 4 copies in a deck. I know radiant Greninja is still like $4-$5 but that's still a very affordable deck inclusion.

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
If the opportunity cost of not using Radiant Greninja didn’t exist, this would be a pretty decent card. Dunno what spread decks even exist right now where this matters against but you can put this down, heal 20, Scoop Up Net, put it down and heal another 20, and that’s pretty interesting.

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
I guess you're right.
And man, you just don't see too much Radiant usage in the West.
Between the 7 we have right now, greninja is the most splashable, so that's why you will see it quite often. However, they all fulfill really niche positions, Greninja included. Like, you don't want to play greninja in a deck which can't really retrieve its energies. In most cases currently, there isn't a good radiant that works with the deck. Gardevoir in the next set is more splashable than greninja, since it reduced damage from Vs. However, in decks that don't need to tank hits, its not going to be as good. It's similar to prism stars: Some decks chose not to run any, cause they didn't have one to fill their needs.

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
it is a very good card
HOWEVER
it's effect is not better than greninja or even the radiant starters from go
yes those are the gold standard
this is however very very good, niche decks can have a lot of fun with it
id give it a humble 1.5/5
it is better than hawlucha, heatran and eevee combined