DPPt/HGSS Rules with Cheating Devices (read after you make your thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
chill_glacia said:
another thing, is it cheating or bad for the game like hacking if you use the diamond and pearl hacking method? people are offering me cloned Pokemon via the GTS cloning and I am unsure if that is considered hacking or not, and if it will affect my game, like if I enter a tournament and I use that Pokemon only to realize that it is hacked and I get disqualified.
I dont think they are considered hacked because its the exact duplication of a Pokemon

would me making my party shiny by catching them with shiny codes be counted as a cheat?oh and i got myself a shaymin darkrai and arceus through codes that give me Arceus' azure flute. and with shaymin and darkrai i used a walk anywhere/thing code to get to their area does that count? then if you could answer thnx.

tyranitar tyrant said:
would me making my party shiny by catching them with shiny codes be counted as a cheat?oh and i got myself a shaymin darkrai and arceus through codes that give me Arceus' azure flute. and with shaymin and darkrai i used a walk anywhere/thing code to get to their area does that count? then if you could answer thnx.

Yes, it is.....anything useing codes is called hacking.

i have a question:i used the walk anywhere cheat to get darkrai and shaymin.does that mean my shaymin and darkrai are hacked?

Ok!!! I've read this entire thread! I'm going to attempt to sum it up so far!!! I'm only quoting Water Pokémon Master because this is his thread!! This is how I understand it.

First of all, "cheating" IS doing ANYTHING to the game that can't be done with just the DS and the game/s. It's true!! If you did anything with a code YOU CHEATED!!! That is a fact that can't be argued! Using a glich is not cheating. Althou the programers didn't intend for the game to do something, it still works that way therefore, It's not cheating. Also, anyone that just plain has the game/s has the same ability. That makes it fair!

This forum ALLOWS CHEATING. Any way you slice it, that's how it is! As I understand it, there are 3 levels of "cheating".

Level 1: Gliches (cloning items or pokemon)
Allowed because and only because the origional is legit, so the copy is too. Just a way of being able to make a trade and keep your hard work too.

Level2: CODES that simply "speed up the process" like encounter codes, Exp. boosters, creating items and location cheats to get a special ticket to get to a island. All ok!!(Note: This makes having and using Pokémon like Arceus and unofficial Mews legal because of encounter codes!)

Level3: codes that enhance a pokemon's EV's, IV's or give the Pokémon moves that it can't normaly learn. In short, affecting the Pokémon in an unnatural way to gain an advantage. Not ok!!!

Water Pokémon Master says that all 3 levels are ok (to a point) IF you let your opponet/trading partner know what cheating you have done. In official tornaments or point gaining battles, only levels 1 and 2 are ok but you still must tell your opponet what you've done to your pokemon.

I personally feel that cheating is cheating!!! I don't own a Game shark or a action replay for my DS and I wouldn't risk my saved game for cloneing. Anyone that cheats to beat a person already knows that they suck too bad to win in a fair fight or need to win because the rest of their life is so dull.

Hmm...very well summed up.

Yes, how he stated that is very true. Cheating is cheating but to speed stuff up like the fast egg hatch cheat are fine by any means.

Charizard88 said:
Hmm...very well summed up.

Yes, how he stated that is very true. Cheating is cheating but to speed stuff up like the fast egg hatch cheat are fine by any means.

would you be able to do ar cloning

I like your rules. Enhancing Pokemon the old-fashioned way is by using proteins, carbos, and what else. Thanks for putting the rules up. It's no fun to keep recieving Pokemon that have been cheated on without any effort taking up on it.

RE: Rules with Cheating Devices

Water Pokémon Master said:
Cheating for Pokemon, as we define it, is enhancing a Pokemon with a cheating device and doing so unfairly. If you use an encounter code, that's fine. You are not altering the Pokemon, you just want to find it faster - in essence, you are just speeding up the process. Cheating would be altering its IVs or attacks, then capturing it, then raising it. That is cheating, and it is not tolerated. The whole point to Pokemon is raising these creatures. Skipping that process is cheating.

Is the Cheat finding them at the museum a cheat?How do you do the Emrald Cloning glitch?

How do you do The GTS Cloning Glitch too?

Question

If someone hacked a poke on leafgreen and sent it to D/P would that effect the game at all?
As in just hacked it so only it would appear in grass and no other pokes would?

umm i used action replay once on my game, then re-started because it made it slow. Will it afect my new game?

shayminlvr: I don't think so.
Everyone:

1.Glitches are GENERALLY NOT CONSIDERED CHEATING.

2. Tournaments don't allow any AR whatsoever.

3. stat-modification, etc. is OBVIOUSLY banned.

MCD said:
Everyone:

ARing affects your whole DS so..yeah..

shayminlvr said:
My friend used AR and traded me a pokemon that he only rare candy
Will that count as cheating for me?
P.S So I can't go to any ds torneys because I use action replay before?
No you cannot use that pokemon you got with an AR in a Tournament.

shayminlvr said:
ok, but my other pokemon can, right?
Also.. Last game (that I quit because my friend (the same one) hacked it with ar without me knowing) had action replay on it
Yeah the others can if they are not hacked.

What about Pokemon such as Darkrai,Shaymin, and Arceus? Are they ok to use if the items are AR'd then caught in game or are they not allowed either?:)

killjoydod said:
Ok!!! I've read this entire thread! I'm going to attempt to sum it up so far!!! I'm only quoting Water Pokémon Master because this is his thread!! This is how I understand it.

First of all, "cheating" IS doing ANYTHING to the game that can't be done with just the DS and the game/s. It's true!! If you did anything with a code YOU CHEATED!!! That is a fact that can't be argued! Using a glich is not cheating. Althou the programers didn't intend for the game to do something, it still works that way therefore, It's not cheating. Also, anyone that just plain has the game/s has the same ability. That makes it fair!

This forum ALLOWS CHEATING. Any way you slice it, that's how it is! As I understand it, there are 3 levels of "cheating".

Level 1: Gliches (cloning items or pokemon)
Allowed because and only because the origional is legit, so the copy is too. Just a way of being able to make a trade and keep your hard work too.

Level2: CODES that simply "speed up the process" like encounter codes, Exp. boosters, creating items and location cheats to get a special ticket to get to a island. All ok!!(Note: This makes having and using Pokémon like Arceus and unofficial Mews legal because of encounter codes!)

Level3: codes that enhance a pokemon's EV's, IV's or give the Pokémon moves that it can't normaly learn. In short, affecting the Pokémon in an unnatural way to gain an advantage. Not ok!!!

Water Pokémon Master says that all 3 levels are ok (to a point) IF you let your opponet/trading partner know what cheating you have done. In official tornaments or point gaining battles, only levels 1 and 2 are ok but you still must tell your opponet what you've done to your pokemon.

I personally feel that cheating is cheating!!! I don't own a Game shark or a action replay for my DS and I wouldn't risk my saved game for cloneing. Anyone that cheats to beat a person already knows that they suck too bad to win in a fair fight or need to win because the rest of their life is so dull.

This is probably the most summed up you can get, but there are some other unanswered, falsely answered questions after this…

SheimiGiratina said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
Cheating for Pokemon, as we define it, is enhancing a Pokemon with a cheating device and doing so unfairly. If you use an encounter code, that's fine. You are not altering the Pokemon, you just want to find it faster - in essence, you are just speeding up the process. Cheating would be altering its IVs or attacks, then capturing it, then raising it. That is cheating, and it is not tolerated. The whole point to Pokemon is raising these creatures. Skipping that process is cheating.

Is the Cheat finding them at the museum a cheat?How do you do the Emrald Cloning glitch?

How do you do The GTS Cloning Glitch too?

Yes, it is cheating because eyou had to use Pokesav…and doing this is cheating, in this sense.
Mechanos7 said:
Question

If someone hacked a poke on leafgreen and sent it to D/P would that effect the game at all?
As in just hacked it so only it would appear in grass and no other pokes would?
Yes it is still considered to be hacking, but seeing as it was an encounter code to speed up the capture process, it is therefore not cheating unless it was for a legendary.
shayminlvr said:
umm I used action replay once on my game, then re-started because it made it slow. Will it afect my new game?
No, it shouldn’t have affected your old game either.

MCD said:
Everyone:

1 = True
2 = FALSE, this is not 100% true. If you used AR to breed faster, get items, EV train, etc and stuff like it that is allowed as your pokemon is still 100% legit.
3= True

darkrai1246 said:
MCD said:
Everyone:

ARing affects your whole DS so..yeah..
FALSE, it DOES NOT effect your DS, it only affects the game and only the way you used, such as by Fast egg hatching it just helped you with your game, and in NO WAY effected you DS>.
shayminlvr said:
My friend used AR and traded me a pokemon that he only rare candy
Will that count as cheating for me?
P.S So I can't go to any ds torneys because I use action replay before?
Nope, RC’ing is 100% legit
False yet again, I answered this above.

xxashxx said:
What about Pokemon such as Darkrai,Shaymin, and Arceus? Are they ok to use if the items are AR'd then caught in game or are they not allowed either?:)

Correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back