Saturday, 6/2, Redshark Feedback

It works Fine! it's alot easier than Apprentice, Alot. And there are Sleeves! :D

Lou Cypher said:
OK, love the program, tried some solo play works out fine xcept...I tried to attach a Holon's Castform to Salamence Ex, but it wouldn't let me return an Energy to my hand. Is that a little bug or am I doing something wrong?

Have you right click and Picked it up?

Major props to the Ignakoskis and WPM!
The program is well done, and will look a little bit more polished once the graphics updates are released. The same as with the shortcut keys (Ctrl+d), and WPM has said this is going to be added on too. I haven't found any bugs so far, but I'll make sure to post when I do find one.
Here are my suggestions, just hear me out at least:
1. How about adding a way to change the card sleeves and playmats? This is most likely something that would go under the Preferences window.-If this is added, expect me to be making a database of these made by myself.
2. I think it would make the program a bit more "flexible" if you were able to change the window size. (Forgive my strange pun)
3. This would be a GIGANTIC headache and is rather far-fetched (Oh god, more puns!), but would it be possible to integrate a music player into Redshark? I often like to listen to music whilst playing, and it would save a good amount of RAM space if I didn't have to have ITunes open at the same time. It doesn't have to be elaborate, rather I'd like something simple.

I thank you for listening to me babble on about things, and hope I have contributed to the betterment of Redshark and PB. Also, thanks for making this one of the best places on the internet!-Junichi

Lou Cypher said:
OK, love the program, tried some solo play works out fine xcept...I tried to attach a Holon's Castform to Salamence Ex, but it wouldn't let me return an Energy to my hand. Is that a little bug or am I doing something wrong?

Play Holon's Castform:
- "Use as Energy?" -> Yes
- "Attach?" -> Yes
Right click on the other Energy -> Pickup

I've downloaded it. I never really liked Apprentice but I like this. All I need is to try out a match against someone, then I'll put more feedback up. If someone would like a game, PM me.

Shinryu said:
Also, it would be nice to have some of the old quick key things back from Apprentice, like ctrl+d to draw. I mean, the way the drop down menus are layed-out are very nice and functional, but it is slightly time consuming to have to go up to the drop down to click on draw a card instead of ctrl+d, you know?

Just click once on the "draw card" image next to your deck.

I cant even get through the download every time I try windows says no CE signature was found like I said before It looks like a cool game I cant wait to try it but if someone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it

WPM, do you think there will ever be an OSX version of the program?
It looks pretty good from what everyone is saying.

[ChanseyMaster]

wow this is so cool! i was about to install apprentice but i'll wait 4 redshark. how does it work? does it take up a lot of space?

I'll download it.
It'd be a lot more helpful if I still played whole-heartedly.
I hope this could be better than other programs (that stopped working after I opened the window once...)

Wo, change the yellow. Change it to one that won't affect the eyes that much as in a dark/darker colour.

And i seem to have the problem that i can't see the whole screen as in the bottom bit the chat and all that lot.

Under Redshark Troubleshooting...

If your resolution is 1024 x 768, you'll likely want to move or autohide the taskbar (if it's at the bottom of your screen) for network play because it will get in the way of the "chat message" area.

Just move the window by dragging the window's title bar (idk what it's called, the very top bar that says the title of the program you're running).

It works fine for my computer, and I have Win98. I built my deck and everything! But whose decks are the Hawaiian Punch and Waterfowl decks that came with it? Is it alright if I delete them from my files?

All I have to say about this:
This sounds awesome, but where can I download the Program?.

thanks in advance.

I wish there was some kind of emphasis on the player who's turn it was. The one little button is not enough. Maybe it would be nice to like have thick line around their part of the field turn red when it is their turn and when it isn't black. So whoever has the red line around their field has the turn.

I wish there was an undo button. I accidently discarded my basic pokemon and had to fish it out of the discard pile. That wasn't too hard but if it had been a stage 2 with multiple stages and energy and tools, it might be a pain to do.

Also, you should design it so it looks exactly how the playmats look, with the deck above the discard, with the prizes on the opposite side. And you should be able to double-click on the discard/deck to look through it. (like apprentice)

It needs some kick butt graphics. It could become a lot more popular to the teens/adults once it moves away from the paint-style graphics lol.

I'm looking at it now. I'd condense the menu bar (with the damage and attacks on it) to the right side and maybe have just the numbers (+10, +20, +50, etc) showing). I didn't feel the attacks were needed since people can type that out themselves. The status conditions could have their own icon and thus be in buttons on the right side too.

Or you can just keep everything in the bottom, near the chat window.

The deck builder is pretty nice. It has everything I'd want but it needs better looking graphics to go with it.

Overall, impressive job with it. I'd be happy to help with any graphic work you need to do. Just hit me up like you usually do.

Program looks great, but what I'm missing is an icon. it's not fun to have to click a stupid window-like image instead of a red shark. So, maybe add an icon?

lol the sharks and the yellow wow its so wow lol glad its being changed anyways i love it so far and can imagine it becoming a lot more popular then apprentice when it is done

Back