Scans of Diamond and Pearl TCG Set Up, Wednesday, 5/9

Oh ok Thank you I was just making sure that when I buy a theme deck there will not be less cards to a deck. Thank you for clearing that up.:)

wow!! seriusly can wait 4 d/p pre-release tournement next saturday in malaysia!! but i might not b able 2 attend it due 2 exams ToT

The new cards look great, and I'm probably the only person at the moment who likes the new reverse holo design. Oh well. Also the layout of the cards are great as well. And the Lucario sleeves look great as well, can't wait to get my hands on them.

broko_bear said:
the new poison types are now psychic now dp steel pokemon resist to psychic not grass anymore.......sad

I didn't even notice the new resistance until you said something, but I think the resistance to psychic is an awesome idea. Grass type has always been at a disadvantage simply because of multiple resistances against it, but now it looks like it has a bit of a chance with this change.

Also, I wonder why Drifblim has Darkness weakness and Colorless resistance... after all, he is only Psychic/Flying type, right? He's not a ghost...

The new cards are cool, but Infernapes energy useage is just unfair, I mean 2 energys for an attack that does 80 damage!

Drifblim is Ghost/Fly.
The new W/R system is awesome, with +10, +20 and +30!
The reverse Holos SUCKS. Seriously, I can't even READ with that foil on the text;

1/15 of the cards are decent. The reverse holo is so ugly. The cat chases the dog. The sleeves are wicked awesome. The lv.X's are wicked awesome (only Infernape is playable though). I think I'll not buy a box of this set. LOL

Prime said:
1/15 of the cards are decent. The reverse holo is so ugly. The cat chases the dog. The sleeves are wicked awesome. The lv.X's are wicked awesome (only Infernape is playable though). I think I'll not buy a box of this set. LOL

Yeah, not a great deal of format-changing cards here. But for the sake of getting the most out of these cards as one possibly can, here's what I think is playable from the posted rares:

Dusknoir: A decent comeback card with a nice Stage 1 Dusclops option (from Crystal Guardians). If only there were a Dusknoir LV. X. : (

Electivire: ElectiNite?

Infernape: Awesome card in my opinion. 90 damage for a two energy discard, free retreat, and an awesome type makes this card extremely playable. Not to mention the LV. X infernape. @_@

Lucario: Castform killer. Raieggs killer. Decent.

Magnezone: Again, a decent card with good choices for the Stage 1 Magneton.

Rhyperior: A well-balanced card, though I'm hating the fact that Rock Wrecker doesn't hit weakness. 140 HP... playable with Energy Root.

Shiftry: Considering there are currently four playable Shfitry/Shiftry ex's in the format right now, I'm sure this card will find a nice place in a Shiftry deck. This is also the ultimate Bandoom killer (I'll de-evolve your Houndoom, play all of my trainers, and then OHKO your Banette ex).

Carnivine: Maybe an honorable mention here, but a Basic Pokemon that can deal a near-guaranteed 60 damage on turn 2? Its second attack isn't bad either.

Gengar: A nice decklist with this card has already been mentioned on Pokegym. Shadow Dance is awesome, and Life Drain is a nice backup move (especially with Cursed Stone).

Lopunny: Quite possibly a good alternative to Gengar, though its first attack is pretty bad.

Machamp: Another good comeback card with 130 HP. The new individualized weakness factor is much appreciated here.

Quick Note: I'm extremely saddened by the fact that Luxray, one of my favorite D/P Pokemon, is an extremely horrible card. : ( : ( : (

I love the new Shiftry & I'm sure that he will find his way into one of my wife's decks.

I'm going to have to test Lucario & Medicham in some decks.

Gengar and Machamp are awesome.

And a potential combo?

Luxray + Crawdaunt ex

Use Crawdaunt’s power to knock an evolved Pokemon back into your opponent’s hand, preferably one that was candied. Evolve Luxray and take the basic back out of his hand, bench it, and make it active. Score the OHKO with your active.

Further you can use Luxray’s attack to move energy to Crawdaunt ex ... so you can hit big with Luxray and then follow up with a series of big attacks from Crawdaunt while you power up your next Luxray.

Does anyone else thing that Budew is going to be a great starter for non-delta decks?

Her energy free attack to search for trainers is ... strong. She is almost Mawile execpt that you don't have to waste an energy attachment on her if you don't want to.

Definately a great set I'm seeing some huge deck possibilities but that's not till after I hopefully make it to worlds.

Great combos to like Budew start drifblim rebooter. Good buy Metatnite and hello Sinnouh.

I do have to say getting rid of the ex and stars is the worst thing they have ever done but mabye if we complaine enough they'll bring them back?

Poison=Psychic now? Weird... I mean, it didn't really make since to have a Grass-type Arbok, but is a Psychic-type Arbok any better? Maybe they're going by color now... purple seems more suited to Posion than green did.

ooOOoo! Purdy!
The only thing I don't like is the return of old school reverse holos. Those things always hurt my eyes. @_@

Contrary to most opinions here, I actually like the new reverse holos. I HATED how inconsistant the foil pattern was for the ex sets. They changed it all the time which got really annoying. It just seemed like they couldn't make up their mind and a lot of the desings were really bad. You couldn't even see the foil pattern on the HP, CG, and DF r/hs

This set is pretty good, but the Mystery of the Lakes set is the real DP set to be excited for. Too bad we won't get that one til probably august or september I'm guessing. =/

Back