• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Seismitina Bats (Seismitoad EX / Giratina EX / Crobat)

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 15
  • 3 Seismitoad-EX
  • 2 Giratina-EX
  • 3 Zubat
  • 3 Golbat
  • 2 Crobat
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Shauna
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Cassius
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Super Scoop-Up
  • 3 Trainer's Mail
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 2 Faded Town
Energy: 10
  • 4 DCE
  • 3 Double Dragon Energy
  • 3 Water Energy
Strategy:

Easy enough, stall out with Toad until your Giratina's set up, knocking off energy with Enhanced Hammer and damaging targets with Bats. Then, bring up Giratina to lock the rest and finish up the game with more bats and 100-120 damage per turn.

When Judge is printed in BREAKthrough, I'll probably run that instead of Shauna for when I bring up Giratina, meaning I get rid of all the items that I locked in their hand with Toad. I'm also thinking about adding a 4th Toad- I only have 3 at the moment so I'd have to get another somehow.

Anyway, this is the deck I want to focus on for competitive purposes- I've been losing a lot lately and want to rectify that by playing a deck that ruins everyone else's fun. Uh I mean, do effectively.

I would definitely suggest you make room for the 4th DDE. Even in the Standard format, those particular energy will be prime targets for Team Flare Grunt and Enhanced Hammer.

Why no Level Balls to help get your Zubats and Golbats out faster?

I'd suggest the following deck changes for your consideration:

-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Trainer's Mail
-2 Head Ringer - IMO, this Tool is not that critical vs. other needed cards

+3 Level Ball
+1 Double Dragon

I hope you find these comments helpful.

(Side note: I also run a combo of Pokémon Center (or AZ) and Cassius in my decks and find them very effective.)

Back