Contest September 2022 CaC: Middle Stages (All Results Up!)

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
It's been awhile since I've partecipated in a CaC contest.Not sure to win,but I'll try my best to make a good card!

Fletchinder HP80 [R]
Stage 1-Evolves from Fletchling
N.622 Ember Pokémon HT.2' 04" WT.35.3 lbs

[Ability] Wildfire
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn,you may switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon with their Active Pokémon.If that Pokémon is not a R Pokémon,put 2 damage counters on the new Active Pokémon.

[C] Flap Away
Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.Then,draw 2 cards.

Weakness: [L] X2
Resistance: [F]-30
Retreat Cost:[C]

"Fletchinder launches embers into the den of its prey. When the prey comes leaping out, Fletchinder’s sharp talons finish it off."
Obstagoon SWS: "When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn...put X damage counters on..."
Appletun REC: "switch your opponent’s Pokémon with their Active Pokémon."
Golisopod BUS:"Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon."
Diance BRS:"Draw 2 cards."
My cards have always been focused on supporting,this one is no exception either.
Since the majority of the current decks don't include Fire Pokémon,having a cool gusting mon would be pretty nice.It also gives a little damage too to put some enemies in a KO range,and just use Scoop Up Net to continue the cycle.
Flap Away isn't that much,but as I saw in some decks drawing even a few cards from the deck can be a good twist.

Falling Skies

The Traveler
Allow me to present my entry.

Pignite HP: 100 [F]
498.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Tepig
pignite.png

NO. 499 Fire Pig Pokémon HT: 3'3" WT: 122.4 lbs.
[F] Strength Challenge 30+
Each player searches their deck for a Pokémon and reveals it. If the Pokémon you revealed has a higher Retreat Cost than the Pokémon your opponent revealed, this attack does 60 more damage. Then, both players discard the revealed Pokémon and shuffle their decks.

[F][F][C] Full Toss 120
Shuffle a Stage 2 Pokémon from your discard pile into your deck. If you don't, this attack does nothing.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

When its internal fire flares up, its movements grow sharper and faster. When in trouble, it emits smoke.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Don't be like me and completely forget about this thread. We ain't even got a full podium yet in text-based, and while I would be happy to walk away with another easy gold, I'd like to at least have to work for it, so if more image-based entrants could submit before the deadline, that'd be great.

Don't forget you can get advice from members from our Discord community free of charge. I helped Holy Star get his first W, and you can be right up there in the hall of winners with him, but only if you ask :O

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I'm trying to go back to the classic era with Team Rocket expansion as my main reference

[Stage 1] Evolves from Dratini Put Dark Dragonair on the Basic Pokémon
Dark Dragonair 60 HP [C]
{Picture}
[Dragon Pokémon. Length: 13' 1". Weight: 3 lbs.]

Pokémon Power: Storm Summoning As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach 1 Basic Energy card to 1 of your Dark Pokémon. (This doesn't use up your 1 Energy card attachment for the turn.) For each energy card attached, put 1 damage counter on Dark Dragonair. This power can't be used if Dark Dragonair is Asleep, Confused or Paralyzed.

[C][C][C] Dragon Retaliation 10x
This attack does 10 damage times the number of damage counters on each of your Benched Dark Dragonair.

weakness / resistance / retreat cost
[-] / [P] -30 / [C][C]

[Often seen flying between dark cloud, it though to be the mysterious harbinger of bad weathers. LV. 40 #148]

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
All right, that's our top 3! Thanks everyone who signed up and didn't submit and let these guys walk away with top 3 for free

Unless... :O

I Like Shorts

Aspiring Trainer
Raboot HP: 90 [R]
Stage 1
89ba145cf8113af3142e16e246e7ac8a4a67af65r1-316-232v2_hq.jpg
NO: 814 Rabbit Pokémon HT: 2'00" WT: 19.8 lbs.
Ability: Kick Up
Once during your turn, you may put 3 damage counters on one of your Pokémon. If you placed any damage counters on one of your Pokémon in this way, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to that Pokémon during your opponent’s next turn.

[R][C] Double Kick 20x
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 damage for each heads.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]
It kicks berries right off the branches of trees and then juggles them with its feet, practicing its footwork.

ThePigThatCriedRii

Aspiring Trainer
Entry time!
Whirlipede
Pokémon - [D] - 90
Stage 1 Pokémon - Evolves from Venipede

NO. 544 Curlipede Pokémon HT: 3'11" WT: 129 lbs.

Ability: Speed Squad
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may search your deck for up to 3 Whirlipede and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

[C][C]: Gang Growth
Search your deck for a Pokémon that evolves from 1 of your Benched [D] Pokémon and put it onto that Pokémon to evolve it. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C][C][C]

It is usually motionless, but when attacked, it rotates at high speed and then crashes into its opponent.

doofisconfused

aspiring doof
porygon2.gif
Porygon2 – C – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Porygon

NO. 233 Virtual Pokémon HT: 2' WT: 71.7 lbs.

Ability: Hyperlink
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may choose 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't have a Rule Box (Pokémon V, Pokémon-GX, etc. have Rule Boxes.) That Pokémon's attacks cost [C][C] less as long as this Pokémon is in play.

[C][C] Reload and Rewind 50
Put 2 basic Energy and all Pokémon Tools attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon into their hand.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C]
After artificial intelligence was implemented in Porygon2, the Pokémon began using a strange language that only other Porygon2 understand.
YEAAAHHH i get to make a card for my favorite pokemon! i love porygon2, and i think this card turned out pretty well! this fake uses swsh wording, which i'm not too familiar with! still finishing up my image entry (which is my first swsh card, i think!), look for that in the next few days!

doofisconfused

aspiring doof
skiploom (3).png
Grapploct VIV: "If this Pokémon used ________ during your last turn,"
Umbreon VMAX BRS: "...you may switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon with their Active Pokémon."
Machamp LOR "If you do, during your next turn..."
Skiploom is pretty cool, I think! This card is meant to be a bit annoying - do a bit of damage, switch out to a wall, then gust out your opponent and switch in the ideal Pokémon. I didn't have any specific goal going in for this card, but I think it would be useful, at least sometimes. This is my first major foray into SwSh image faking, and I'm proud of it! Still workin' on the holosheet but, hey, it's something!

EDIT: fixed the blank and retreat cost! figured the two-point penalty would be better than what i'd lose from the mistakes i fixed

Attachments

• skiploom.png
    skiploom.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Kaleidophoenix

Reborn from the flames of glass and ash
Lampent – Fire– HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Litwick

NO: 608 Lamp Pokémon HT: 2' WT: 28.7 lbs.

Ability: Consuming Flames
When you play Chandelure from your hand to evolve this Pokémon during your turn, you may use this Ability. Before evolving, attach this Pokémon to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card. If the Pokémon this card is attached to uses an attack, discard the top 2 cards of your deck. (When this card is removed from a Pokémon for any reason, put this card in its owner's discard pile.)

[R] Ennervating Fire 20
During your opponent’s next turn, the Defending Pokémon has no Abilities.

Weakness: [W]x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]
It lurks in cities, pretending to be a lamp. Once it finds someone whose death is near, it will trail quietly after them.
Alakazam-EX FCO#25 "When you play M Alakazam-EX from your hand to evolve this Pokémon..."
Ludicolo EVS#034 "When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may use this Ability."
Eevee-GX SM174 "Before evolving, heal all damage from this Pokémon."
Shedinja LOT#95 "...you may discard all cards attached to this Pokémon and attach it to 1 of your Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card."
Blunder Policy BRS#131 "If the Pokémon this card is attached to uses an attack..."
Jamming Net Team Flare Hyper Gear PHF#98 "When this card is removed from a Pokémon for any reason, put this card in its owner’s discard pile."
Beartic BRS#043 "During your opponent’s next turn, the Defending Pokémon can’t attack."
Canceling Cologne ASR#136 "Until the end of your turn, your opponent’s Active Pokémon has no Abilities."
I'm incredibly happy with how this one turned out. Lampent is meant to pair with Lost Origin's Chandelure, but also has incidental synergy with Chandelure VMAX, preventing tool cards from being played before Lampent can be attached. Whether or not this would make Chandelure mill playable in Standard is debatable, but it would make it better than before.

If I get even close to perfect wording on this, despite all the edge cases this runs into, I'll be quite happy. But I'm not getting my hopes up for a perfect score.

Nyan

She/They
Luxio_CaC.png

Looking back at past Luxio cards, two in particular stood out to me: RCL#61 and FLF#33. The first has an ability, Top Entry, which allows you to put it directly into play if you topdeck it. The latter has an attack, Electricounter, which simply does 40 damage times the amount of Prize cards your opponent has taken. Both of these effects have been seen many times before, but seeing them both on different Luxios gave me an idea. What if they were combined? This eventually led to Revenge Rush. It is considerably more powerful than Top Entry, so I knew that it needed some form of downside. Originally, this was discarding two cards from the hand similarly to Ultra Ball, but as we have seen in the past, many decks often benefit from that. So instead, I chose to make it a card from the top of the deck. In most cases, this is significantly more annoying-it does not allow you to draw more cards off the effect of something like Bibarel (BRS#121) and in most cases, instead of being able to pick two cards you can live without, you have to roll the dice. There is a way to get around this however. In particular, Oranguru (SSH#148) comes to mind. This is a nice synergy that is (in my opinion) a pretty realistic way of lightening the blow of the card’s downside.

As for Rising Voltage, I simply wanted to do my best to recreate the attack’s effect in the video games. Obviously Terrain isn’t something that exists in the TCG (at least at the time this card was created), so it was a little bit of a strange attack to try and convert. Although similar effects have been seen many times before, I think that this is the best way to make Rising Voltage work thematically within the rules of the TCG, and while it isn’t by any means a world-beating attack, it’s relatively powerful for an evolving Stage 1 and if you are playing a Lightning deck, the stipulation is easy enough to meet that it could have some utility as a chip attack.

Gengar (LOR#66)
Zeraora V (CRE#053).

Unfortunately I ran out of time and haven't been able to finish my personal comments, I may put them in a separate post later. I want to give a big thank you to @Draskk for making this card possible, thank you so much!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
>prioritizing image-based over text-based :( :( :(

Nyan

She/They
>prioritizing image-based over text-based :( :( :(
ahem

(SM era wording)

Corvisquire - HP 80 - [C]
Stage 1 - Evolves from Rookidee

corvisquire.gif

NO. 822 Raven Pokémon HT: 2'7” WT: 35.3 lbs.

/Ability/ - Pushing Pieces
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may have your opponent reveal their hand. Then, put any number of Basic Pokémon you find there onto your opponent’s Bench.

[C][C] - En Passant 20+
If your opponent’s Active Pokémon was on their Bench during their last turn, this attack does 40 more damage

Weakness - [L] ×2
Resistance - [F] -20
RC - [C]

The lessons of many harsh battles have taught it how to accurately judge an opponent's strength.

This is the first time I have made a text fake in AGES. I didn't even know I still had it in me to be honest! Well good news is that I managed to create something, in all honesty I have zero idea how I feel about it! I don't think I am gonna get a great score, I did not check wording nearly as much as I should have and I am also very rusty, I am just really happy I even managed to make it at all.

Captivating Poke Puff STS 99
Tsareena SUM 20
Golisopod-GX BUS 17

Buddy2707

Aspiring Trainer
Would a Raichu VMAX/VSTAR count? It is a stage 1 pokemon on an evolution card, but I don't know the rulings on Rule Box pokemon (GXs, exs, etc.)

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Would a Raichu VMAX/VSTAR count? It is a stage 1 pokemon on an evolution card, but I don't know the rulings on Rule Box pokemon (GXs, exs, etc.)
No. For this contest, we were looking for Pokemon that have already evolved once but are not finished evolving; if you would skip over it using Rare Candy to go straight to the Stage 2, then you're good. Raichu is fully evolved and would not be eligible.

This contest has already ended, but there will be a new contest with a new theme posted on November 1st. Hope to see you there!