XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

RE: Shiny Pokémon Mechanics in X / Y

So there is this popular method for shiny now, it involves the InstaChecker Hotspot application that recently out.

With the apps, we're able to detect our trainer Shiny Value, and we can even check our "unhatched eggs" details such as it's gender, ability, IV, and f course the Shiny Value.

Through this we're able to know when a certain egg has the 5IV potential and had certain Shiny Value, then, finding a person with the exact same Shiny Value, we can trade the egg to them then when that person hatch it, the Pokemon will be a shiny and a perfect 5IV at that.

Does Pokebeach needs to compile some database for this Shiny Value thingies too? :rolleyes:

I've probably taken out several hundred Furfrous while trying to chain a shiny one, and still nada. Might just break down and attempt to Masuda it, if the rumors of it being in the 600s now are true.

Why can't land chaining be as easy as chain fishing? ;^;

The-Kaiser said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReojB6nvEb0

Heres a helpful vid on getting shinys :)

Haha, good to hear other stories of hatching hundreds of eggs hoping for the Masuda Method to yield a shiny. But wow, ~30 eggs for a Shiny Solosis? That's the type of luck I'd want.

(I hatched about ~600 Pawniards eggs before I got my shiny!)

Ririka said:
With the apps, we're able to detect our trainer Shiny Value, and we can even check our "unhatched eggs" details such as it's gender, ability, IV, and f course the Shiny Value.

I just read up on this on a site that has a DL of it, not sure if the site is safe to mention. Anyway, since it uses ways to find certain information in a completely safe way and does not hack, I'm kinda drooling over this. I certainly want to use this in the future. It'll help me out so much.

Edit: I'm reading into another program it needs to work, I can't find anything that says that the program it uses to work is safe, and a few things saying that it might be a virus. I know nothing about if how it works is safe, so going to be on the safe side and and not use it until I know for sure.

After several weeks of shiny hunting in the Safari, I'm convinced that the encounter rate either changes DAILY or every time you enter a safari. I'm thinking its daily as of now. Some days I can find several shinys with ease and relatively quickly, and other days I can search all day and find nothing. The other day I found 4 (In 4 different Safaris) without spending too much time. Today I have found absolutely nothing. The same thing has happened before too, it appears I can either find several or none depending on the day,

I'm unsure if the day's values are fixed (for example every Monday the encounter rate will be say 1/1000) or every day of the year is completely random... but the rate is almost certainly changing daily for me. Interesting.

Thursday was a great day for me (4 shinys with ease), as was Tuesday (3 with ease) so I will be looking into this more this week.

I wonder if that is true or just luck playing with you. It would be really weird if it is true.

both times I found a shiny in XY, I was looking for something I really wanted, but ended up finding something even better!

Regarding the popular shiny value, it is said that there are 4096 total of shiny values in this gen.

It means the chance of finding shinies in XY is like 1/4096 for normal condition, just by this numbers it shows that this time the numbers is halved down from the last gen, which is 1/8000ish. It explains why the shinies is a lot easier to find this time. Who knows that maybe MM, friend safari, and chain fishing in this gen might be easier than 1/1000ish :)

Ririka said:
Regarding the popular shiny value, it is said that there are 4096 total of shiny values in this gen.

It means the chance of finding shinies in XY is like 1/4096 for normal condition, just by this numbers it shows that this time the numbers is halved down from the last gen, which is 1/8000ish. It explains why the shinies is a lot easier to find this time. Who knows that maybe MM, friend safari, and chain fishing in this gen might be easier than 1/1000ish :)

We already know it's lower than 1/1000. Chain fishing is about 1/200, and it might be the same for chaining in grass.

Hagane said:
The-Kaiser said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReojB6nvEb0

Heres a helpful vid on getting shinys :)

Haha, good to hear other stories of hatching hundreds of eggs hoping for the Masuda Method to yield a shiny. But wow, ~30 eggs for a Shiny Solosis? That's the type of luck I'd want.

(I hatched about ~600 Pawniards eggs before I got my shiny!)

I have seen some one on the internet, he said (i don`t know if it`s true..) But, he`s say that he hatchd about 1000 Eggs to get a Shiny Froakie, but lucky for him it was 2 Perfect IVs

While breeding a modest eevee to pair with a female, the second egg was shiny. I almost didnt take it,as i only needed one egg from the pair o__0
It has at least HP and SpAtk IVs too. Looking at a vaporeon perhaps, havent changed him though...

EDIT: And no i will not trade him for anything in the world :|

Jakeremix said:
Ririka said:

We already know it's lower than 1/1000. Chain fishing is about 1/200, and it might be the same for chaining in grass.

When was this confirmed? may I get a source?

Ririka said:

Well considering they've halved the chances of finding a shiny via normal encountering/normal eggs, I'd assume that the Masuda method has halved as well.

RE: Shiny Pokémon Less Rare in X / Y

Has anyone attempted Masuda, and if so, how many times, and what were their results for each? I'm currently doing a masuda method, and I've been at it for the whole week. I've filed 18+ boxes, and I'm on my 563rd egg and still no shiny. If the rumors of it being in the 600's are true, I really hope that means I'll get my shiny soon, but so far for me, it's not proving to be that good.

To note, I AM using an everstone and a destiny knot to try and pass nature and IV's, so maybe those are affecting it? I have a Swellow, hatched on this account and a Japanese Ditto, so I know I'm doing that right.

Aerodactyl said:
Has anyone attempted Masuda, and if so, how many times, and what were their results for each? I'm currently doing a masuda method, and I've been at it for the whole week. I've filed 18+ boxes, and I'm on my 563rd egg and still no shiny. If the rumors of it being in the 600's are true, I really hope that means I'll get my shiny soon, but so far for me, it's not proving to be that good.

To note, I AM using an everstone and a destiny knot to try and pass nature and IV's, so maybe those are affecting it? I have a Swellow, hatched on this account and a Japanese Ditto, so I know I'm doing that right.

Personally, if I hatch 3 boxes or less (collecting then hatching the whole group) I usually dont hit a shiny with MMing. However, Ive filled 8 boxes twice and 10 boxes once, the 8's yielding 1 each and the 10 yielding 2 (by a stroke of luck). So, just keep at it. Since we now know that pretty much all shiny rates have been halved, you have a 1 in 500ish chance of hatching one now IIRC, just keep at it you will eventually get one. Also, with the discoveries made on a certain site, shininess still works the same and each trainer is assigned a specific shiny value along with their TID number. The problem with not hatching one yet could be that your shiny value just happens to be one that the number generator isnt landing on hardly at all.

My advice, if youre not doing it already- is to fill the boxes first, by repeatedly picking up eggs for 2-3 hours (about 7-8 boxes full) while watching something, then hatch away. If you collect the eggs in one sitting, the random number generator isnt given a chance to restart (which it is believed to do whenever you turn your 3DS on or off, perhaps even resuming from sleep mode).

NoDice said:
Aerodactyl said:

Personally, if I hatch 3 boxes or less (collecting then hatching the whole group) I usually dont hit a shiny with MMing. However, Ive filled 8 boxes twice and 10 boxes once, the 8's yielding 1 each and the 10 yielding 2 (by a stroke of luck). So, just keep at it. Since we now know that pretty much all shiny rates have been halved, you have a 1 in 500ish chance of hatching one now IIRC, just keep at it you will eventually get one. Also, with the discoveries made on a certain site, shininess still works the same and each trainer is assigned a specific shiny value along with their TID number. The problem with not hatching one yet could be that your shiny value just happens to be one that the number generator isnt landing on hardly at all.

My advice, if youre not doing it already- is to fill the boxes first, by repeatedly picking up eggs for 2-3 hours (about 7-8 boxes full) while watching something, then hatch away. If you collect the eggs in one sitting, the random number generator isnt given a chance to restart (which it is believed to do whenever you turn your 3DS on or off, perhaps even resuming from sleep mode).

It doesn't matter if the RNG restarts. You have the same chance of getting a shiny from an egg. It doesn't become more likely if you hatch them all at once. Once you hatch 400 eggs (for example), it doesn't mean you only have 200 more eggs or so until you hit a shiny. Your odds are reset every time you hatch one. I think this is called the "Gambler's Fallacy".

Ka$h Money said:
NoDice said:

It doesn't matter if the RNG restarts. You have the same chance of getting a shiny from an egg. It doesn't become more likely if you hatch them all at once. Once you hatch 400 eggs (for example), it doesn't mean you only have 200 more eggs or so until you hit a shiny. Your odds are reset every time you hatch one. I think this is called the "Gambler's Fallacy".

Okay, well that's great information to note! I just don't stop biking, and I pick up every egg. Since I have a Talonflame on my team, I just keep on biking and they hatch fast. I usually have one or two extra's in the box, but I find it easier to just keep hatching instead of filling up a box and then hatching. So is it just assumed that the shiny rate is halved, or is it confirmed?

Aerodactyl said:
Ka$h Money said:

Okay, well that's great information to note! I just don't stop biking, and I pick up every egg. Since I have a Talonflame on my team, I just keep on biking and they hatch fast. I usually have one or two extra's in the box, but I find it easier to just keep hatching instead of filling up a box and then hatching. So is it just assumed that the shiny rate is halved, or is it confirmed?

Well it seems that way. People have calculated that the normal encounter rate for shinies has been halved and I think the Masuda method isn't a fixed fraction but a multiplier. So using that knowledge, most people are saying it's around 1/600 now to find a shiny with the Masuda Method.

The most efficient way of hatching eggs with MM is to have your Flame Body Pokemon and 5 eggs. When one hatches, you put it in your box/release it and then go and pick up the next one from the daycare man. And then you do the same thing again, and again and so on. So obviously it's best to stay on route 7.

Also make sure you have the oval charm to increase the likelihood of the daycare man having an egg. Use two Pokemon of the same species to increase that chance even further rather than a Ditto (although that is more convenient). And of course use hatching power.

Ka$h Money said:
Aerodactyl said:

Well it seems that way. People have calculated that the normal encounter rate for shinies has been halved and I think the Masuda method isn't a fixed fraction but a multiplier. So using that knowledge, most people are saying it's around 1/600 now to find a shiny with the Masuda Method.

The most efficient way of hatching eggs with MM is to have your Flame Body Pokemon and 5 eggs. When one hatches, you put it in your box/release it and then go and pick up the next one from the daycare man. And then you do the same thing again, and again and so on. So obviously it's best to stay on route 7.

Also make sure you have the oval charm to increase the likelihood of the daycare man having an egg. Use two Pokemon of the same species to increase that chance even further rather than a Ditto (although that is more convenient). And of course use hatching power.

I guess you could call it a multiplier. The way the MM method works is every time an egg is generated it will check the egg to see if its shiny, and if its not it will recheck before generating. I believe it does this several times before generating the egg, so Im guessing if there are 4000 something shiny values and the MM method is a 1/600 chance it must recheck the PID/shiny value at least 6 or 7 times.

I personally find it much easier to continually collect eggs, because the longer you let an egg sit in the breeders hands, thats that many more values that are skipped over. So I just collect 5 and dump them and repeat. THEN, the easiest part, is hatching them. Go to the center of Luminious city (which has a PC near it) and just hold down one direction riding in a circle while pressing B (to skip through the nicknaming). You have to pay literally no attention at all to it, and if you keep the bottom screen on Super Training you can see how many have hatched. Riding back and forth on route 7 means you have to consistently pay attention while collecting and hatching (which is pretty boring IMO) so as not to get stuck or get distracted and run into a wall or object.

Just holding the pad in one direction doesn't work for me. Every time I enter a new instance of the city, my character stops, and I have to re press the pad.

Back