Pokemon So, ash and his education

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
Think of yourself as a parent and your ten year old son or daughter suddenly wants to go travel the world in a life of crime and NO EDUCATION only with a puny little monster that can do squat.

Think of yourself as a parent and would you let your son/daughter do this?

Ash's mom did, Bad parent or not?

actually in some things not

i mean 10 years no when you are 15 or something like that yeah why not

first of all this is also never going to happe in the real world and in the pokemon world that's a old tradition or something that you get to travel the world when your ten
if you got the chance to travel the world with let's say a piplup or a turtwig would you let that chance pass i sure wouldn't

but your right about ash is education
there isn't any ordenary school in the whole pokemon world so actually even misty brock may and dawn all of them none has had a proper education unless an education on how to train and catch pokemon

that's my opinion

wel actually he has a sort of teacher
not a teacher like one who studied for it but a sort of mentor

*drums*
ash his mentor is Brock
he maybe a chick hunter but he is the oldest but he also is the smartest and knows the most beeing a pokemon breeder

but dose he teach ash math science social studies. Well I guess you dont need to know that if you wana be a pokemon master

Phoenix is Right

Peta said:
Think of yourself as a parent and your ten year old son or daughter suddenly wants to go travel the world in a life of crime and NO EDUCATION only with a puny little monster that can do squat.

Think of yourself as a parent and would you let your son/daughter do this?

Ash's mom did, Bad parent or not?
Wrong.Here's why;
  • It's just a show.
  • In the Pokemon world your carrer is pokemon unless you choose something else.
  • Pikachu can do alot of squat for your information.
  • I would tottaly let my kid do this.

Ash educates himself by travelling around the worlds and experiencing things first hand.

:F

Nah, seriously, since when did Pokémon ever make sense?

well that's actually a little bit true he educates himself but if brock or his other companions werent there ash already would be or lost or he wouldn't have any pokemon left

Is this why everytime Brock says he has to go home, he comes back less than 5 episodes later?

yeah i think they let brock think ow no ash is going to do something stupi when i'm gone that's why he always comes back just as misty and may they come and check on ash because they know he does clumpsy things
okay ash does do good to but most of the time he only creates trouble or hets in trouble

Actually, back in the olden days, only a few people got a proper education. For everyone else, it was decided that it was uneeded and all kids needed to learn was how to do their job. Far different to today, where you have to get an education.

If Ash's entire life is Pokemon, the education he got between 5-10 years should be enough for him.

And you don't see many bug catchers in the pokemon legue
Pokémaniac said:
Actually, back in the olden days, only a few people got a proper education. For everyone else, it was decided that it was uneeded and all kids needed to learn was how to do their job. Far different to today, where you have to get an education.

If Ash's entire life is Pokemon, the education he got between 5-10 years should be enough for him.

This is true but with there dates technology and discoverys in science and history. Ash sort of needs his education, I mean what if he needs to fuse some chemicals to get through the indigou platue or know what poisenus and has mist nor brock with him.
I know that could never happen since it's a TV show but...

Peta said:
And you don't see many bug catchers in the pokemon legue
Pokémaniac said:

This is true but with there dates technology and discoverys in science and history. Ash sort of needs his education, I mean what if he needs to fuse some chemicals to get through the indigou platue or know what poisenus and has mist nor brock with him.
I know that could never happen since it's a TV show but...

Why would he? He'd just send out his lil Pikachu to shock whatever the chemicals were there to destroy.

And remember, just because Ash isn't getting an education doesn't mean no-one is. There would still be people making technology and such.

Also, it has come to my attenion that this was my 500th post.

1/20th of the way to the top!

It amazes me that Brock knows so much about everything and yet had to be a parent of what, 10 kids? for the majority of his life. AND HOW DO THEY KEEP EATING???? :/

Papi/Manny said:
It amazes me that Brock knows so much about everything and yet had to be a parent of what, 10 kids? for the majority of his life. AND HOW DO THEY KEEP EATING???? :/

Possibly something involving the fact that Onix is alive > Edible > Rich in everything.

Poor Onix. =/

I guess he got an education as a kid, then his dad left later or something...

Education isn't as strong as it is in the real world here in America. Probably, they'd be sent to Trainer's School for a year or two, then when they turn 10, they go on a journey...

Well in dp there is flashbacks of what looks like a proper school, in the one where dawn meets kenny.

Still because all the kids go to train Pokemon, I don't think there's need for a serious education

Back