Squirtli's Fake Cards - Two Klinklangs! 1/16

RE: Squirtli's Fake Cards - Updates out the Wazoo! Empoleon! Read First Post! 12/9

I see what you were thinking, but Grass is not very effective against Steel, also, so I thought I'd switch things up a little bit.

RE: Squirtli's Fake Cards - Updates out the Wazoo! Empoleon! Read First Post! 12/9

Hmm...understandable, but it's still overall pretty confusing. I think consistency is better, especially when you already have two Metals weak to Grass. The whole Poison/Grass/Psychic thing compounds the issue. :p

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Empoleon doesn't have a resistance to grass due to its water typing, so wouldn't it be an exception?

Zyflair said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Empoleon doesn't have a resistance to grass due to its water typing, so wouldn't it be an exception?

That too :p

ex__cd_17___torterra_by_honouguma-d4ipe2d.png

Don't ask why Frenzy Plant takes 2 Fighting Energy. Just don't.

RE: Squirtli's Fake Cards - Updates out the Wazoo! Torterra! Read First Post! 12/10

There's not enough color contrast for the type symbol, thus it looks little muddy.

RE: Squirtli's Fake Cards - Updated with Custom Blanks! Read First Post! 12/15

I updated the first post with some custom blanks I made! I've only got the basic ones made right now, but tomorrow after my MRI, I'll start working on:

-More EX: Collapsing Dimension Cards
-Stage 1, Stage 2, and possibly Dragon Blanks
-An actual Card to show off my blanks

Sweeeeet! Why don't you try and make a blank using the new dragon symbol? Keep 'em coming!

Edit: sorry, should've read your last post before posting myself, haha.

Very nice blanks indeed. Though I was a bit disappointed that only metal types had variation in textures.

Zyflair said:
Very nice blanks indeed. Though I was a bit disappointed that only metal types had variation in textures.

Sadly that's the case in the actual TCG haha. Other than Colorless normally having rainbow in the background lol.

Zyflair said:

I'm so doing textures for other types if I do any >:3

Oh, and Blank Test Slugma \o/
slugma___blank_test_by_honouguma-d4j880r.png

Nice work, squirtli! The gradient you added to the border definitely helped to add a little more dimension to the blanks -- the don't look as flat as the earlier versions.

The Fallen One said:
Sadly that's the case in the actual TCG haha. Other than Colorless normally having rainbow in the background lol.

Actually if you take a closer look the textures are different -- it's subtle, but there haha.

RE: Squirtli's Fake Cards - Updated with Custom Blanks! Slugma and Sewaddle! Read First Post! 12/15

Yeah, they're definitely better than before xD
And I actually never noticed the difference in texture .-.
Oh well, here's a Sewaddle :3
sewaddle___sq02_by_honouguma-d4j9v38.png

So, should I work on Stage 1 and Stage 2 blanks next, or Dragon blank for Basic?

RE: Squirtli's Fake Cards - Updated with Custom Blanks! Slugma and Sewaddle! Read First Post! 12/15

Torterra is very well done. I love that artwork!

I like empoleon.

Hey, can I do spoilers for your set? (Y'know, text-thingys)

Fraxureking said:
Hey, can I do spoilers for your set? (Y'know, text-thingys)

Yeah, go ahead! That's be great if you could just PM them to me!

Got the Stage 1 and Stage 2 Blanks finished! They can all be found here.

Very clean. Keep up the good work!

RE: Squirtli's Fake Cards - Updated with Custom Blanks! Crustle! Read First Post! 12/15

Thanks Zy! I'll try to make sure that the Dragon blanks are just as good ;3

Oh, and while I'm at it, here's an example of the Stage 1 blanks being used:
crustle___sq03_by_honouguma-d4k1dz7.png

RE: Squirtli's Fake Cards - Updated with Custom Blanks! Crustle! Read First Post! 12/15

Hey squirtli, I think you should be using better quality symbols, try using latios101 symbolsheet. Otherwise, they look great, keep up. :)

Back