SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

it has to be said, if they do put sonic in, then they wont put any other characters in.

if people like the reaction to sonic, other characters from the series might make an appearance. they put pikachu in the 1st one, then jiggly puff, and put fox in it, then added falco.
they always put only one guy in 1st to test the reaction.

Yeah, but take note that both Pikachu and Jigglypuff were together in the first one. (Although this may just be since it's probably their second greatest franchise)

[ChanseyMaster]

ssb4ever, your fixed quote fails. Just because you don't want Sonic in Brawl doesn't mean he doesn't have a shot. He does have a shot, a huge shot. Many people would bet money on his inclusion.

4me4them, it doesn't matter how many people love or hate Sonic. If he's in, people will cheer, and some people like ssb4ever will grumble. If he's not in, there will be rioting in the streets, and ssb4ever will sit calmly at home and revel in the fact that he'll never have to look at Sonic's furry mug in his Nintendo game.

The fact is, Sonic is a third-party character, so Nintendo can't just add whoever they want from Sonic-land just because there was an overwhelming positive reaction to Sonic's inclusion (and there will be).

The WarioWare stage looks pretty interesting. I'd like to know how the stage changes, and if it's a fluid change like the actual game or not.

WarioWare level... oh so, so awesome. I wonder what micro-games they'll base it on? I think it's guaranteed there will be a nose-picking one. I just hope the stage doesn't change too frequently.

I agree with PMJ: If Sonic is included, no-one other Sonic characters are likely to appear. I doubt Nintendo want to clutter up the franchise with too many third party characters; Sonic alone is enough to get Sega fans interested.

ok he has a shot in gettin in it.... but it's a 25%/75% chance.... 75% being no

WRONG AGAIN

Sonic's got something like a 90% chance of being Brawl. PEOPLE WANT HIM IN. Just because you don't doesn't mean his chances of being in are in the crapper. They're extremely high. No other third-party character from any other game is wanted as much as Sonic.

Again, I would go so far as to say he is already in and we're never going to be told about it until the game's release.

And speaking of nose-picking, we still haven't seen Wario's Final Smash yet. Perhaps we'll get it next week.

I'm almost scared to find out what it is. I just hope it's not the atomic fart we saw in the first movie.

bacon said:
WarioWare level... oh so, so awesome. I wonder what micro-games they'll base it on? I think it's guaranteed there will be a nose-picking one. I just hope the stage doesn't change too frequently.

I agree with PMJ: If Sonic is included, no-one other Sonic characters are likely to appear. I doubt Nintendo want to clutter up the franchise with too many third party characters; Sonic alone is enough to get Sega fans interested.

oh yeah the nosepicking levels would be great!

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Sonic's got something like a 90% chance of being Brawl. PEOPLE WANT HIM IN.
By this point in time, I've basically come to assume that he's going to be in Brawl.

-Sakurai has musicians from SEGA working om the project.
-Sonic was on the top of the poll for most wanted third-party character. (By a landslide)
-Sonic games have been released many times on the Nintendo platform since Melee came out.
-Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games features Mario and Sonic together, so why wouldn't Brawl?

For me it just makes sense that Sonic will appear in Brawl, and if you don't like it, then fine. Use one of the other forty or so characters.

[ChanseyMaster]

good point. i would not be suprised if the next character added on smash bros.com was sonic.

yes sonic is probably going to be in the game chanseymaster and PMJ narrowed down the facts really well so yeah.

maybe other characters from fire emblem will be in brawl?

Well....Interesting updates! Everyone else pretty much discussed everything now, so yeah.

And, PMJ, I'm scared to see Wario's Final Smash too. :F

Hm, over at SmashBoards.com they're discussing a rumor that there may be a SSBB demo disk coming to Gamespot in the near future. I've told the manager of my local store to call me if he ever gets any news about this.

EDIT: Nevermind, as I thought it was a hoax. BUT the store manager is going to a conference next week where he'll play it, and I'll give you his reaction.

[ChanseyMaster]

Friday's update was removed from the main page. The level is still featured in the Stages section, however.

What's going on?

They must be having problems with their ideas. They try out each stage and character BEFORE they permanently lock it up for good in the game. They also do the same for items and everything else. I know how it works because I have played Super Star wars for the SNES before it was completely finished. Meaning when it was just a chip and they had level 1 done and my sister made it until level 2 and it was not done yet. She could have gone forever and she was the first person in the whole world to get that far. Not even could the makers get that far.:) This is real and I am not kidding.:)

...Wait...What?

Problems with their ideas? They would never release the update if they weren't totallly sure about it being valid.
I think it's just a site error. It'll probably just get fixed soon.

[ChanseyMaster]

There is supposed to be a Wario ware level in the game but they took the update off the site for some weird reason.:)

Back