Stellar Sylveon ex and Stellar Ceruledge ex Revealed, Several Cards Teased Including Tera Orb and Ho-Oh!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
As posted back in March, Japan is getting two pre-constructed decks on August 30th featuring Stellar Sylveon ex and Stellar Ceruledge ex.
Both decks have now been revealed in a new commercial. They will retail for 1,800 yen each.

Stellar-Sylveon-ex-Stellar-Ceruledge-ex-Decks-300x198.jpg

The commercial also teases two new ACE SPEC cards, a Tera Orb Trainer card, and a new Charcadet, Eevee, Vulpix, Ho-Oh, Snorlax, Marill, and Azumarill. The cards are obviously too small to read.

Stellar-Sylveon-ex-Stellar-Ceruledge-ex-300x167.jpg

Thanks goes to Jake C. for the translations! Note that the text is still blurry on these two, so their translations may not be completely accurate at this time.
Sylveon...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
"Amethyst" Rage. Nice little nod to Amethio from the anime I assume.

Abyssal Flames seems like it could be a cool attack; don't often seen an attack like that that doesn't shuffle the energy back in? Could be a cool ancient box style build; you'd need 15 energy down to be hitting 330 though which is a lot.

I initially had voiced my doubts about the Sylveon, calling it "pretty terrible sadly", but I realize now that Angelite was designed to fit into Lost Box decks specifically; it costs WLP, which happens to be the exact 3 energy types Lost Box plays these days. So in other words, assuming we get these cards in our SV8 set, this card is gonna be crazy in the SV8 format specifically, since Lost Box will rotate out with the release of SV9 if previous patterns hold. After that, we'll see I suppose.

Also, that new Eevee seems to have an ability. Energy Evolution comeback???? Also also, that ACE SPEC on the left looks like a lawn mower.

Last edited:
Sylveon seems pretty good? 160 with 100 reduction isn't bad at all; if you can use a boss or counter catcher with Angelite, it'd be really hard for the opponent to play around you setting them really far back. Imagine having a Dragapult and a Pidgeot get shuffled in, or straight up two Dragapult. You'd have to have a lot in play to avoid this being really threatening, especially if it can happen multiple times a game. The cost is high though; not sure it's enough for a deck but it's pretty crazy

Last edited:
Why is Ceruledge a fire type? I thought the Stellars types were all their actual typing more or less. Especially because Ceruledge has a fire counter-part ! haha

It's so cool to see Ceruledge finally get an ex, especially after Armorouge has had one for a bit now and it looks like a pretty decent card with that first attack.

The Sylveon is pretty decent too i guess, i am excited to see the other Eeveelution ex's

That Sylveon is one of the few Stellars that has a massive pay-off for that attack. Shuffling away two of your opponent's Pokemon, especially if they're Stage 2, is basically a death sentence, especially when it has no downside and can be done repeatedly.
On the other hand, I am tempted to say an existence of a card like this - if it turns out to be playable - is Not Good for the format, as it pushes more Basic play. That said it has a self-balancing aspect, where Basic decks can have a very favorable match-up against it. Time will tell if there's a way to trigger it on turn 2-3 consistently.

The more I see stellar cards, the more I think how hard it is to use them. Like they look cool, slyveons attack is great, but it will be tough to get it running.

Unless LZB is good with them but eh

30 Energy Ceruledge could be a fun budget deck. I could see a scenario where Fire Off Amrarouge + Magma Basin + Delphox V gives you game vs Single-Prize decks, but at the same time I'm pretty sure you need Poke Stop in the Stadium slot so idk. Maybe Palkia VSTAR + Radiant Greninja is the better spread play but I hate giving up the RadZard.

Sylveon seems nuts in the right meta. Spinning back one or two Baxcalibur, Charizard, Pidgeot, Gardevoir, or Archeops(!) is either going to represent a huge tempo swing or win the game, depending on the circumstance and timing. But, Sylveon is a big deck commitment and it won't do anything against Basic decks like Raging Bolt or SableZard, so it's hard to imagine it being super successful at a tournament level.

That Sylveon is one of the few Stellars that has a massive pay-off for that attack. Shuffling away two of your opponent's Pokemon, especially if they're Stage 2, is basically a death sentence, especially when it has no downside and can be done repeatedly.
On the other hand, I am tempted to say an existence of a card like this - if it turns out to be playable - is Not Good for the format, as it pushes more Basic play. That said it has a self-balancing aspect, where Basic decks can have a very favorable match-up against it. Time will tell if there's a way to trigger it on turn 2-3 consistently.
You could play it with xatu

Amethyst Rage. Nice little nod to Amethio from the anime I assume.

Abyssal Flames seems like it could be a cool attack; don't often seen an attack like that that doesn't shuffle the energy back in? Could be a cool ancient box style build; you'd need 15 energy down to be hitting 330 though which is a lot.

The Sylveon seems pretty terrible sadly. I can tell the Eevee is new though; seems to have an ability. Energy Evolution comeback???? Also that ACE SPEC on the left looks like a lawn mower.
Think there was a Tina and garchomp tag team card that did a similar thing, but it was so effective at getting rid of generators. Imagine lugia's archeops getting denied because of that

I hope they make new Teras Stellar from now. We have 2 fire stellars which means we might get mores Stellar mons than we did with the Amazing Rares. 🤩✨

Back