Stellar Sylveon ex and Stellar Ceruledge ex Revealed, Several Cards Teased Including Tera Orb and Ho-Oh!

Sylv being in the Lost Box colors could be a possibly playable answer to stage 2 decks. Obviously, they'd see it coming cause of eevee but if they can't answer it and they burned or prized a rare candy somewhere it it could be decent. Also it has funny meme potential with Iron Valiant ex and Glimmora ex in that you can force the Terrapagos player to lose 7 benched mons (8 with enough switch cards to stack bitties lol).

The more I see stellar cards, the more I think how hard it is to use them. Like they look cool, slyveons attack is great, but it will be tough to get it running.

Unless LZB is good with them but eh
They literally have a dedicated engine and sylveon's basic is colorless, the requirement it needs for a double rainbow patch.

They also get an additional ace spec that reduces energy costs. Sure, they are combo decks, so they will brick more often than stuff like raging bolt, but they aren't unplayable by any means and isn't hard to set them up.

Lost zone is actually less efficient than their built in engine (noctowl is full stellar combo)

Last edited:
I hope they make new Teras Stellar from now. We have 2 fire stellars which means we might get mores Stellar mons than we did with the Amazing Rares. 🤩✨
It’s kinda wild that we haven’t even seen every type of TERA in the TCG yet - maybe I’ve missed something but I don’t think we’ve had a Flying Poison or Steel type yet and the one Rock type was Ogerpon so not even the proper “hat” i would’ve have expected them to do at least ONE full art of each Tera type to show off the “Hat designs” but there Normal hasn’t even got one yet either - and the Stellar they’ve announced so far do nothing to address this since the all got the same Stellar Hat - so I’m with you and hoping that this next year is a ramp up of both Stellar and Teras and maybe ALSO they can finally give baby mons/whole lines with Tera typing since it exists as a mechanic in the SV games as sort of a delta series bunch of sets did in TCG -

TLDR: They’ve just really not made Tera reallly Shine as a special mechanic in the SV era of cards - forgetting multiple VG typings as cards so far and no Tera Steel TCG typing at all

Sylveon ex looks fun. I wonder how the energy acceleration/distribution is going to work due the amount of different energies these new attacks take

I see the new hammer ace spec at the bottom my guess is "Discard 2 energies from 1 of your opponent's Pokémon." I would be interesting to see as I think it could be a somewhat balanced ace spec. As for the lawn mower looking ace spec I have no idea </3

It’s kinda wild that we haven’t even seen every type of TERA in the TCG yet - maybe I’ve missed something but I don’t think we’ve had a Flying Poison or Steel type yet and the one Rock type was Ogerpon so not even the proper “hat” i would’ve have expected them to do at least ONE full art of each Tera type to show off the “Hat designs” but there Normal hasn’t even got one yet either - and the Stellar they’ve announced so far do nothing to address this since the all got the same Stellar Hat - so I’m with you and hoping that this next year is a ramp up of both Stellar and Teras and maybe ALSO they can finally give baby mons/whole lines with Tera typing since it exists as a mechanic in the SV games as sort of a delta series bunch of sets did in TCG -

TLDR: They’ve just really not made Tera reallly Shine as a special mechanic in the SV era of cards - forgetting multiple VG typings as cards so far and no Tera Steel TCG typing at all
We are only missing flying and poison, there is a steel skeledirge and a tera normal greedant

We are only missing flying and poison, there is a steel skeledirge and a tera normal greedant
Wow thank you! completely forgot about Skele! Weirdly he is not not the serebii list of Tera cards (here)
I also said just full arts with normal but my wording def sucked ! But there isn’t a steel FA or Rock other than Ogerpon which again does not have the hat so we still have 5 types under or not represented 😩
- Poison / Flying like you said NOT AT ALL
- Normal / Steel / Rock - No FULL ARTS

I just expect them to show off their designs in card form of each type but if we don’t get them…we’ll, that’s just bizarre…maybe we’ll get some normal Tera in with the Stellar Tera but me thinks it’ll just be reg EX and Stellars 🤷‍♂️

While initially on the fence at the start of SWSH, as time goes on I really do miss having the Fairy type in the TCG, or more specifically having a 9th energy color. Just feels weird to shrink the type mechanics while the selection of monsters continues to expand beyond 1000.
I don't think we should really have Fairy Type. We went a long time without it just fine. Where I think the problem is is in Fighting type containing Ground and Rock types. They should make an Earth type or something and split off from Fighting. I never really understood why they were grouped together since they're so different.

Not sure how to feel about Ceruledge. Sylveon could be pretty good but you gotta discard a lot of energy to get Ceruledge hitting the numbers you need. I like Pokémon that don't have straight up savage so that you have the potential for big OHKO's but this might be too much set up

Skeledirge ex is Steel dude

Sylveon is pretty good. Even with it's low damage output it has a way to handle big hp stage 2s. You can gust away the big hp stage 2s and then put them back into the deck. The fact that you can return 2 pokemon really allows this attack to be viable. With prime catcher/counter catcher, you can pair it with iono to severly gimp their attacking options later in the game.

With a water and lightning energy requirement, it can naturally be paired with Jolteon and Vaporeon ex. Depening on how strong those cards will be, a sylveon deck can prove to be a strong archetype.

I don't think we should really have Fairy Type. We went a long time without it just fine. Where I think the problem is is in Fighting type containing Ground and Rock types. They should make an Earth type or something and split off from Fighting. I never really understood why they were grouped together since they're so different.

Cause they're all brown lol.

Back