Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

So these things started leaking:
UaAv4yn.jpg

ijt52oj.jpg

OzLHRQQ.jpg
These are apparently the character select screens from the Best Buy thingamajig, but they could always be fake. If these are for real, it seems Bandana Dee is out and Paluntena, Ridley and perhaps Mewtwo are in, as well as a whole lot of unannounced characters. We'll see. This would mean a 50 character roster, though, which seems pretty insane.

WmCwgNW.jpg

I'd replace Mii with Lucas. I'm sort of hoping Miis become the new fighting polygon team.

EDIT: Notice the Y in the third picture, next to Pit? If that's Ridley, why wouldn't the leaker just take a picture of him? If you're leaking, why not go all the way? This makes everything seem kind of fake, sadly. Then again, why would you add a 'Y' if you're trying to make a believable fake? Hmmmm....

Holy huge-ass rosters, Batman!

The completed roster is already wrong since Little Mac is supposed to be five spaces to the right of Villager. Also it is inexplicably missing Lucas.

Who the hell is Chrom and why do people want him in smash bros so badly?

Saw King K. Rool, assumed fake...

Chrom is the main protagonist in the most recent Fire Emblem game, Fire Emblem: Awakening. This game did incredibly well in North America and gave Fire Emblem a boost in relevance (not sure what I was trying to say there). It would be strange if no representative from that game wasn't in it because the Smash Bros. games since Melee included 2 Fire Emblem reps, Marth and another character from the most recent game (Roy and Ike). People expected that Ike would be booted for Chrom but that was not the case. Now some people may be worried that Chrom will not appear in the game at all. Others, like me, believe that there is no way Sakurai would disregard Awakening and its bountiful amount of characters that have potential in Smash (Lucina, Robin, and of course Chrom).

Heavenly Spoon said:
So these things started leaking:
UaAv4yn.jpg

ijt52oj.jpg

OzLHRQQ.jpg
These are apparently the character select screens from the Best Buy thingamajig, but they could always be fake. If these are for real, it seems Bandana Dee is out and Paluntena, Ridley and perhaps Mewtwo are in, as well as a whole lot of unannounced characters. We'll see. This would mean a 50 character roster, though, which seems pretty insane.

WmCwgNW.jpg

I'd replace Mii with Lucas. I'm sort of hoping Miis become the new fighting polygon team.

EDIT: Notice the Y in the third picture, next to Pit? If that's Ridley, why wouldn't the leaker just take a picture of him? If you're leaking, why not go all the way? This makes everything seem kind of fake, sadly. Then again, why would you add a 'Y' if you're trying to make a believable fake? Hmmmm....

Those leaks.... Hm... That screen is much too large for 3DS (unless you're using an ant-sized camera), and also seem much too large for Wii U, but don't seem like a TV screen. Also, notice how they leave out any traces of the device the screen is on and unnecessarily show it from different angles as if they had time to take them rather than a quick second. I'm calling it. They're fakes.

Which game did Ike come from again? Was it Kid Icarus or something else? He looks like he came from Kid Icarus but I am not sure. Thanks. @Bacon Nintendo has disconnected Wi-Fi for Brawl 5 days ago XD.:) It lagged a lot apparently. That is the main reason they pulled the plug.:)

Ike is from the Fire Emblem series, specifically Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (Gamecube) and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii), the 9th and 10th installments of the series.

Ah ok so he would fit in with Marth and Roy right? If so that makes more sense. Thanks XD.:)

I don't really have too much preference for Fire Emblem characters, but I hope Ike has his Path of Radiance/Brawl costume as an alternative costume, since I don't really care for the new one at all. The screenshots (for the roster, not for Ike) seem kinda fake, but I won't know for sure until the game comes out.

Also, and probably more importantly, Best Buy released information on the in-store demos! This is for the United States. The store locator and information is here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/nintendo-smash-fest/pcmcat332400050002.c?id=pcmcat332400050002&DCMP=rdr122474

I know I'm going! Is anyone else going to this?

Omanyte said:
I don't really have too much preference for Fire Emblem characters, but I hope Ike has his Path of Radiance/Brawl costume, since I don't really care for the new one at all. The screenshots seem kinda fake, but I won't know for sure until the game comes out.
The screenshots were posted on the official website as well as Sakurai's Miiverse profile, they're real.

Talking about real, the leaks in my previous post are — as was to be expected — almost certainly fake, so please disregard them and carry on.

Heavenly Spoon said:
Omanyte said:
I don't really have too much preference for Fire Emblem characters, but I hope Ike has his Path of Radiance/Brawl costume, since I don't really care for the new one at all. The screenshots seem kinda fake, but I won't know for sure until the game comes out.
The screenshots were posted on the official website as well as Sakurai's Miiverse profile, they're real.

Talking about real, the leaks in my previous post are — as was to be expected — almost certainly fake, so please disregard them and carry on.

My mistake! I meant that I hoped he had the Brawl costume as an alternate costume, like Wario has both his Warioware costume and his original one. I'll edit the post now.

I also meant the screenshots for the leak seemed fake, not the Ike screenshots.

Expect most f not all characters to have their natural and alternative forms. With that being said expect the obious as this is a new base format since we are now in a world where anything goes. If you know what I mean.:)

The most exciting part about that entire video was the GC controller adapter.

That, and I'm really happy they decided to choose true competitive players rather than generic Nintendo fans. I'm a little dissapointed that there's no Mew2King, but the fact that Hungrybox and aMSa are playing and D1 is comentating is awesome.

THAT FUNKADELIC MUSIC

THAT ADAPTER

NINTENDO CONFIRMED GOAT

Items on, multi-player battle, and a character lock is a bit of a shame, but kudos to Nintendo for the effort on this project.

Will they have this on 3DS as well? I am not sure how well it will work with the regular buttons so that is why I am asking XD.:)

I would be shocked if Nintendo didn't implement the use of the Circle Pad Pro for Smash on the 3DS. It'll be a real disappointment if we don't get access to the C-stick functionality of the Gamecube controller.

I'm waiting on the Wii U version anyhow. I'd tangle my fingers into the Gordian knot by playing this on my (regular sized) 3DS.

I recently ordered a new Gamecube controller (I managed to break my other one and for some reason my 2 Wavebirds have the weirdest input problems), so this announcement is definitely good news. The Wii U Pro Controller is great and all, but it's no Gamecube controller. And you can't really run tournaments using Wiimotes taped to a Wii U...

bacon said:
I'm waiting on the Wii U version anyhow. I'd tangle my fingers into the Gordian knot by playing this on my (regular sized) 3DS.
I tried using the Wii Classic Controller for a while and even that was problematic. Add my ginormous hands to the equation and I'm not sure how I'll manage either...
Also, my L button only recently recovered from playing Mario Kart, so that's going to be problematic as well (yes, apparently I break everything I touch).

Blah said:
I'm a little dissapointed that there's no Mew2King.
He's a total liability and you know it. If there's someone who would start listing all the flaws in minute detail in his post-victory interview (and he'd totally win), it's him. This was his reaction after playing Brawl once. He'd be absolutely correct, but it's not good advertising is it?

My disappointment more stems from a flawed hope, since yes, I understand that he isn't the kind of person Nintendo wants to represent Smash (like, for example, Hungrybox is).

Back