Discussion Surging Sparks Official Setlist (SV8)

With the reveal of the new set, we have unofficial confirmation of the first 161 Pokémon cards in this set,.we just need to have all the Trainer cards, Energy cards and Illustration Rares officially confirmed in order for the set list to go from prospective to official.
Do we?

If Kilowattrel ex is in, then most likely Roto-Stick is in over Flamigo ex. The latter can be turned into an ex box, while trainer cards are always in the set.

Do we?

If Kilowattrel ex is in, then most likely Roto-Stick is in over Flamigo ex. The latter can be turned into an ex box, while trainer cards are always in the set.
Flamigo has to be in it otherwise the number of exs don't match. That's how we discovered that Kilowattrel should be in it in the first place.

From today's news, I think we can safely that other than any cards numbered 192 or higher, the set list is more or less official.

I was hoping Kilowattrel ex was a sign that they're pushing the Gym promos a set forward. But the lack of Roto Stick tells me that they probably aren't.

I guess Kilowattrel ex got push forward here since there is a Wattrel in this set so it doesn't look out of place and can be played in a sealed/prerelease format, and it fits the set thematically.

I was hoping Kilowattrel ex was a sign that they're pushing the Gym promos a set forward. But the lack of Roto Stick tells me that they probably aren't.

I guess Kilowattrel ex got push forward here since there is a Wattrel in this set so it doesn't look out of place and can be played in a sealed/prerelease format, and it fits the set thematically.
If they give us Roto-Stick in Prismatic Evolution and then series 7 in SV9 then it would still work.

The secret rares should go:
192. Exeggcute
193. Vivillon
194. Shiinotic
195. Castform

196. Larvesta
197. Ceruledge
198. Feebas

199. Spheal
200. Bruxish

201. Cetitan
202. Stunfisk
203. Latios
204. Mesprit

205. Phanpy

206. Vibrava
207. Clobbopus
208. Alolan Dugtrio
209. Skarmory

210. Flapple
211. Appletun

212. Slakoth

213. Kecleon
214. Braviary
215. Durant ex
216. Scovilllain ex
217. Milotic ex
218. Black Kyurem ex

219. Pikachu ex
220. Latias ex
221. Palossand ex

222. Flygon ex
223. Hydreigon ex
224. Archaludon ex
225. Alolan Exeggutor ex
226. Tatsugiri ex

227. Slaking ex
228. Cyclizar ex

229. Clemont’s Quick Thinking

230. Cyrano
231. Drasna
232. Drayton
233. Jasmine’s Gaze
234. Lisia’s Appeal

235. Surfer
236. Durant ex
237. Milotic ex
238. Pikachu ex
239. Latias ex
240. Hydreigon ex
241. Archaludon ex
242. Alolan Exeggutor ex
243. Clemont’s Quick Thinking

244. Drayton
245. Jasmine’s Gaze

246. Lisia’s Appeal
247. Pikachu ex
248. Alolan Exeggutor ex
249. Counter Gain

250. Gravity Mountain
251. Night Stretcher

252. Jet Energy

Super random and potentially the wrong forum but do we ever know the deck lists for the build and battle kits in advance ?

I’m trying to plan my binder and make room (in advance) for the non-holo variants that release with the Build and Battle kits and right now obviously Gouging Fire and Chien-pao will have non-holos in with them but I am thinking there will be an attacker in with the indeedee possibly 🤷‍♂️

never tried to get this info in advance but not moving every card 1-2 spaces to make room for the BNB alts always hurts 2 weeks after release figured it may be out there ??

Super random and potentially the wrong forum but do we ever know the deck lists for the build and battle kits in advance ?

I’m trying to plan my binder and make room (in advance) for the non-holo variants that release with the Build and Battle kits and right now obviously Gouging Fire and Chien-pao will have non-holos in with them but I am thinking there will be an attacker in with the indeedee possibly 🤷‍♂️

never tried to get this info in advance but not moving every card 1-2 spaces to make room for the BNB alts always hurts 2 weeks after release figured it may be out there ??
The only way to know is through early product openings. TPCi doesn't reveal that information beforehand. Justin Basil has a deck building guide for prereleases and he often posts the decklists once we discover them.

The only way to know is through early product openings. TPCi doesn't reveal that information beforehand. Justin Basil has a deck building guide for prereleases and he often posts the decklists once we discover them.
Thank you very much!

I had just checked that page on Justinbasil’s site and it was still fairly blank still and googling only get you to set list announcements and the info on the actual promos…

- I guess I’m just too antsy -

Sadly, I can never attend prerelease events near me cuz work so I always have to wait until a week or 2 after set release to get this info so I was hoping to hunt for it now but I guess even if it’s a week or so I should have it before *Actual Release* still 🤪

Back