Discussion Surging Sparks Official Setlist (SV8)

191 Cards?! That is huge! Maybe there IS a chance for a regular Hydrapple card to appear after all. The Magnemite, Magneton (despite its ability) and Magnezone cards are brilliant. I will definitely be adding them to my deck. Loving the Magnezone. Also loving the new Terapagos card too. I cannot wait for the full set to be officially revealed. It is something to look forward to.

So with the reveals of today we're now at 8 out of 9 Stellar ex cards (Exegg, Flygon, Cyclizar, Pikachu, Hydreigon, Tatsugiri, Sylveon, Ceruledge), and 6 out of 9 regular ex, if we include Flamigo, (Kyurem, Archaludon, Latias, Milotic, Slaking, Flamigo).

It seems Supercharged Breaker will go 4 Stellar (Pikachu, Hydreigon, Tatsugiri, ???) and 4 ex (???, ???, Milotic, Slaking). Furthermore, based on the placement of the full art Pikachu ex, there will be 3 ex cards before it in the main set, one of which is Milotic.

So I think the most likely candidates for the remaining ex card are Kilowattrel or one of the Tactic Battle Deck reprints.

So with the reveals of today we're now at 8 out of 9 Stellar ex cards (Exegg, Flygon, Cyclizar, Pikachu, Hydreigon, Tatsugiri, Sylveon, Ceruledge), and 6 out of 9 regular ex, if we include Flamigo, (Kyurem, Archaludon, Latias, Milotic, Slaking, Flamigo).

It seems Supercharged Breaker will go 4 Stellar (Pikachu, Hydreigon, Tatsugiri, ???) and 4 ex (???, ???, Milotic, Slaking). Furthermore, based on the placement of the full art Pikachu ex, there will be 3 ex cards before it in the main set, one of which is Milotic.

So I think the most likely candidates for the remaining ex card are Kilowattrel or one of the Tactic Battle Deck reprints.
They might reserve the Tactic Battle Deck reprints for something 2025 related, to illustrate the fact that all SWSH cards are gone.

Also, this last Stellar has to be Grass-Type, there's no other way around it, especially if it's one of the 3 cards before Pikachu ex.

They might reserve the Tactic Battle Deck reprints for something 2025 related, to illustrate the fact that all SWSH cards are gone.

Also, this last Stellar has to be Grass-Type, there's no other way around it, especially if it's one of the 3 cards before Pikachu ex.
Not necessarily, it could be either Water, Grass or Fire.

Eternatus and Pecharunt were revealed. We can definitely count Pecharunt as CUT from our English set due to it being released as a Promo card for Shrouded Fable.

It's weird how JustinBasil doesn't include Pecharunt as part of Surging Sparks. I guess they're not used to cards appearing outside of Japan earlier than when they do appear in Japan.

It's weird how JustinBasil doesn't include Pecharunt as part of Surging Sparks. I guess they're not used to cards appearing outside of Japan earlier than when they do appear in Japan.
But Pecharunt shouldn't be part of Surging Sparks, no black star promo card ever gets released in sets.

Pecharunt, both regular and Illustration Rare, was released as a Promo Card for Shrouded Fable. We officially got Pecharunt before Japan. There is no need for it to be released again.

From the photo of that exposition, it seems like the number of cards in the set ends in 1, so it's likely 191. COnsidering that Pecharunt was already released then there needs to be a card added that does not come from any of the three main sources.

imagem_2024-10-01_043955129.png

Is it fair to assume the final Supporter in Supercharged Breaker is Amarys? We've gotten Crispin, Drayton, and Lacey already, so I think Amarys seems fitting here

So with Latias ex SIR at 239, and with 11 confirmed SIR cards, it is confirmed that 3 SIR cards from Supercharged Breaker will be featuring either Pikachu, Milotic, and the two ex cards before Milotic. Presumably one goes to Pikachu, so that leaves two other open slots

235. Surfer
236. SIR ex
237. SIR ex
238. Pikachu ex
239. Latias ex
240. SIR ex
241. Archaludon ex
242. Alolan Exeggutor ex
243. Supporter SIR
244. Drayton
245. Lisia's Appeal
246. Supporter SIR
247. Pikachu ex
248. Alolan Exeggutor ex
249. Counter Gain
250. Gold card
251. Gold card
252. Jet Energy

So with Latias ex SIR at 239, and with 11 confirmed SIR cards, it is confirmed that 3 SIR cards from Supercharged Breaker will be featuring either Pikachu, Milotic, and the two ex cards before Milotic. Presumably one goes to Pikachu, so that leaves two other open slots

235. Surfer
236. SIR ex
237. SIR ex
238. Pikachu ex
239. Latias ex
240. SIR ex
241. Archaludon ex
242. Alolan Exeggutor ex
243. Supporter SIR
244. Drayton
245. Lisia's Appeal
246. Supporter SIR
247. Pikachu ex
248. Alolan Exeggutor ex
249. Counter Gain
250. Gold card
251. Gold card
252. Jet Energy
So that means the fourth SIR in supercharged breaker is just one between Palossand Hydreigon and Tatsugiri right? I think Slaking is out of the question since theyll probably do 2 SIRs that are stellar tera

So that means the fourth SIR in supercharged breaker is just one between Palossand Hydreigon and Tatsugiri right? I think Slaking is out of the question since theyll probably do 2 SIRs that are stellar tera
Seems to be the case. And now with Milotic ex SIR revealed, it's 50/50 between Scovillain and the other ex before it

Also, no Amarys. Clemont swooped in and stole the spot

Also also, based on numbering, since there are 3 spots between Skeledirge and Scovillain, it seems Charcadet, Armarouge, and Ceruledge are in, as well as the Spheal line based on the Teeziro sleeves

The only Pokémon missing from the TCG accessories is Ampharos. Hopefully, if it's in this set, it will have good art.

Back