Discussion Surging Sparks Prospective Setlist (SV8)

Banned in expanded. I think it was banned a few sets after forbidden light, but still when it was in standardized.

But it was banned when it was in standardized. 6 years ago
But it was only banned from the Expanded format, not Standard. It was still legal to be used in the format that it was made to be used. Your original post clearly states that Eevee would be banned from Standard and that's what I'm arguing against.

Still, even in Expanded there are other "Evolutionary Advantage" cards that still remain legal (like Bronzor). They only ban it if a new print for its evolutions become a problem (like what happened recently with Duskull/Dusklops). No Eeveelution card is problematic enough in that sense to warrant a ban for this Eeevee even in the Expanded format, let alone in Standard.

IMG_1046.png
I’m not trying to make a point to them, but all the eeveelutions have potential, and that seems like something that Pokémon would take the rare steps to ban it. Even if it’s in standard.

So we’re still in the dark about the 18th pokemon ex?
I believe it's 3 Stellar + 4 regular exs from Paradise Dragona, 4 Stellar + 4 regular exs from Supercharged Breaker, Flamigo ex, Sylveon and Ceruledge ex. If Paradise Dragona only has 6 then they are giving us Killowatrell maybe?

dineinunes is right. Most bannings apply to older cards, and unlike Cosmic Eclipse Duskull, which can chain into Shrouded Fable Dusclops to donk, Eevee can't attack right away once it evolves, or if it goes second, get an adequate amount of energy onto it in order to deal much damage.

I believe it's 3 Stellar + 4 regular exs from Paradise Dragona, 4 Stellar + 4 regular exs from Supercharged Breaker, Flamigo ex, Sylveon and Ceruledge ex. If Paradise Dragona only has 6 then they are giving us Killowatrell maybe?
They could also potentially maybe perhaps put the cut Terapagos ex FA in this? I know we're all suspecting it to be in that Premium Collection. I see it being either:

2 Stellar + 4 ex - Paradise Dragona
4 Stellar + 4 ex - Supercharged Breaker
2 Stellar - Sylveon + Ceruledge
1 Stellar - Terapagos ex FA
1 Promo - Flamigo ex

or:

5 Stellar - 3 ex - Supercharged Breaker (a la Mask of Change which had 5/3 as well)
2 Promo - Flamigo + Kilowattrel (or a pull from Generations Start deck/Terastal Fest ex)

I don't see them adding an extra ex card to Paradise Dragona. They've pretty consistently done 6 for the "a" sets (S7a, S6a etc) and 8 ex cards for the main sets.

please give me a new Alolan Raichu card, hopefully an ex or at least and IR
If they do include Alolan Raichu, then they have an opportunity to do the Psychic type as a regular, and the Electric type as a Pokémon ex.

They could also potentially maybe perhaps put the cut Terapagos ex FA in this? I know we're all suspecting it to be in that Premium Collection. I see it being either:

4 Stellar + 4 ex - Supercharged Breaker
1 Stellar - Terapagos ex FA
1 Promo - Flamigo ex

or:

5 Stellar - 3 ex - Supercharged Breaker (a la Mask of Change which had 5/3 as well)
2 Promo - Flamigo + Kilowattrel (or a pull from Generations Start deck/Terastal Fest ex)

I don't see them adding an extra ex card to Paradise Dragona. They've pretty consistently done 6 for the "a" sets (S7a, S6a etc) and 8 ex cards for the main sets.
There's a slight chance they could put one of the reprint exs (Ogerpon, Meowscarada, Gardevoir, etc), like they did with the 151 exs, in the set but I 100% don't think they are adding Terapagos. I still believe they have upped the number of exs in the subset (or maybe they gave us another wrong number - it wouldn't be the first time).

There's a slight chance they could put one of the reprint exs (Ogerpon, Meowscarada, Gardevoir, etc), like they did with the 151 exs, in the set but I 100% don't think they are adding Terapagos. I still believe they have upped the number of exs in the subset (or maybe they gave us another wrong number - it wouldn't be the first time).
Oh I forgot about those reprint exs. I think that's more likely than the upped ex number. Which are the candiates here? Scizor, Meowscarada, Gardevoir, Miraidon, Chien-Pao?

Back