XY Sylveon's type is pink

Second link is broken, but I think this is what you meant to show?

img_2_2.jpg

That is...interesting. I don't think it necessarily means anything - it could just be the color scheme they decided to go with for that chart. But it's more to go on than the new-type theory had before now.

I dunno if the colors are representative of the type - For example, the poison type is often represented with purple, which Espeon is using. I think they're just using colors that match the Eeveelution.

frezgle said:
I dunno if the colors are representative of the type - For example, the poison type is often represented with purple, which Espeon is using. I think they're just using colors that match the Eeveelution.

Psychic is represented by purple usually too, though - Poison's purple is darker, and Psychic's purple is more lavender like in this chart.

Still, it's a fair point. It's not like there are official hexadecimal color codes for each type. And I recall pink being used to represent Psychic a few times.

frezgle said:
1) Why would they keep it first hidden and suddenly add it though?
2) Eevee's box is white, not brown.

They are matching the colors of the box with the main color of that Eeveelution, but at the same time the color does represent the type of that Pokemon as well. Pink could possibly correlate with flying, but at the same time it can end up being something completely new.

Ice Arceus said:
They are just matching the colors with the main color of that Eeveelution, but at the same time the color does represent the type of that Pokemon as well. Pink could possibly correlate with flying, but at the same time it can end up being something completely new.
As I said, Eevee's box is white. I don't see how Flying could be pink. Flying has never had anything to do with pink.

Teal said:
frezgle said:
1) Why would they keep it first hidden and suddenly add it though?
2) Eevee's box is white, not brown.

1. To match the color scheme better for aesthetic reasons?
2. Fair enough, although this could just be indicative of Eevee being an unevolved blank slate.

I'm not saying Sylveon won't have a new type, since Umbreon was used to showcase the new Dark type back in Gen II, but just that a new-colored box doesn't really seem to be a reliable lead.

frezgle said:
I'm not saying Sylveon won't have a new type, since Umbreon was used to showcase the new Dark type back in Gen II, but just that a new-colored box doesn't really seem to be a reliable lead.
Except that we are talking about Pokémon here, a franchise that hints new evolutions by adding ribbons to a movie logo and hints new Mewtwo-related legends with vacant slots below artwork of Mewtwo.

Fairy type is cominggggggggggggggg

haha

no idea.

EDIT:
seriously though. All the others types are colored after the types default color, NOT THE EEVEELUTION. Barely any match.

Unless Pink is the new Normal color ololol..

Ice Arceus said:
Pink could possibly correlate with flying...

Um, wait, what?

I hope no one responds with "Skylas hair" or something of that caliber.

Bolt the Cat said:
No, no, no, we've been over this before. Sylveon is obviously Cake type.
It's not a joke anymore.

I call "Fairy" too. :p No, seriously. And the reason they use a darker purple than in the games for Espeon is so that it doesn't look too much like Sylveon's box. Psychic is still often associated with a darker purple (like the TCG).

I guess I'll be the Debby Downer of the group. I don't think Sylveon will be a new type personally and there's no exact pattern to give evidence of there being a new type. The box being the color it is may just be an artist's design to blend in with the other Eeveelutions and how they are. idk, that's just my thoughts.

Why are people saying it's going to be fairy type? Like is there any evidence of that?

If the colour is representing the type, it COULD be normal, seeing as Clefairy, Chansey etc. are all pink too. That could also point to it being the fairy type so many people are predicting.

That being said, it could just be the Eeveultion-matching colour. What does the original Japanese image look like? We only have the English one, was it the same?

Checked googles cache.

Its been like this @ March 24th already.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OTF1tZSex54J:www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/xy/pokemon02/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

But still curious enough O___o

Sylveon is definitely a new type, this is what it said on the English site!

sylveon_zps93320260.png

My vote is for fairy type or something like it. There is no reason for it NOT to be a new type at this point. If it was just a regular type, I can't imagine they would need to keep it so secret and create so much buzz about it. They honestly don't seem to be focusing on Sylveon itself so much as they are keeping its type a mystery. I believe it is just a showcase for a new type, what better way to hype a new type than through an Eeveelution!

EDIT: I am 100% sure it is fairy type

English & Italian - Sylph means air spirit (fairy)

French - Nymph is another word for fairy

German - Fee is THEIR word for fairy

SYLVEON IS FAIRY TYPE, I HAVE NO DOUBTS!!! :)

If Sylveon is NOT fairy type, Pokemon is seriously trolling! Eeveelutions have always had the first part of their name DIRECTLY say what type they were. The beginning of Sylveon in ALL languages means fairy. If anyone wants to counter this argument please go ahead lol

I believe what will happen now is this. Pokemon such as Chansey, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, etc. will either cease to be normal type or they will be dual type (normal/fairy)

Back