• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

TaCK

Cobakid

Son of Cobalion
Terrakion, Cobalion, and Kyurem?

Have you guys ever heard of CaKE? Well, here is my edited version. I replaced a few cards here and there. CaKE (for me) was first seen by corabed. Anyways, here it is. Criticism is accepted. This deck is also going to cities (hopefully even worlds or regionals) I adjusted it a little.

~ Pokemon - 15 ~

FA Cobalion x3
Kyurem x3
FA Terrakion x3
Cleffa x3
Tyrougue x3

~ T/S/S - 23 ~

Collector x3
Catcher x3
Junk Arm x3
IQ x2
Eviolite x3
FA N x2
Super Rod x3
PONT x2
Cilan x2

~ Energy - 22 ~

{W} x4 {F} x2 {M} x4 Special {M} x4 Rainbow Energy x4 Prism Energy x4

It seems pretty good but I think you should -1 or -2 collectors because you have pichu to help you set up. I don't think you need that many cleffas or that many energies. Instead of IQ I think that you should use a couple of cilan and that you need some PONTs. Otherwise those minor details, I think the idea is pretty good, except that you should think about a fliptini maybe, and I think you should also lower the number of fighting energies. I also think that you need more cards to draw with like N, and Professor Juniper. You might need to consider the pokemon because after Next Destinies comes out, other decks might be able to OHKO them pretty easily.

Jirachi said:
It seems pretty good but I think you should -1 or -2 collectors because you have pichu to help you set up. I don't think you need that many cleffas or that many energies. Instead of IQ I think that you should use a couple of cilan and that you need some PONTs. Otherwise those minor details, I think the idea is pretty good, except that you should think about a fliptini maybe, and I think you should also lower the number of fighting energies. You might need to consider the pokemon because after Next Destinies comes out, other decks might be able to OHKO them pretty easily. I like the idea though.

Thank you, Jirachi i really appreciate it but for now i'll wait and see what other people say.

I'm not seeing the idea behind Articuno. It just seems like another attacker, and it isn't really that great of an attacker at that. Plus, by replacing Articuno with Electrode, you cut down on the deck's Energy acceleration, which is vital for this deck's fast spread. Also, you lack draw support, and you are running too much Energy. Assuming you'll be running this with Electrode, you need about 16 Energy.

So, to start things off, drop the Articuno line. As stated before, it's another attacker that isn't that good, and Coke already has enough attackers. You should also take out Interviewer's Questions, since with Electrode, Interviewer's Questions is an unnecessary addition. Also, assuming the last "x4" in the Energy part is Prism Energy, you don't need Rainbow Energy, so drop that as well. I'd also drop two Fighting Energy, since 4 Fighting Energy and 4 Prism Energy is enough to allow Terrakion to attack. Three Super Rod is also too much; you only need two.

Looking at your other deck decisions, three Cleffa and two Pichu is not the way to go. Although decks such as these do have a lot of Basic Pokemon, opening up with a 30 HP Pokémon can result in an easy donk, and you rarely need more than one of each. I'd actually cut the Cleffa line down to one, and cut the Pichu altogether. With all of these changes (and if I can count), you should have taken out 18 cards.

From here, you need three Voltorb and three Electrode. With Voltorb and Electrode, you can quickly setup your Kyurem, Terrakion, or Cobalion for an attack, resulting in either a quick spread or attack lock. With three, it helps your chances of drawing into one, and you have more Electrode to use later in the game (although you shouldn't be booming more than once on a regular basis).

Your support lineup, as stated before, could use some work. Two N will only get you so far. Add in two PokeGear 3.0, four Professor Oak's New Theory, three Professor Juniper, and another N. With PokeGear, Professor Oak's New Theory, Professor Juniper, and N, you can constantly draw cards throughout the game, helping the consistency of the deck, and ultimately making sure you aren't put into a situation where you have a hand with unneeded cards.

For the last two cards, considering that this decklist is looking like an HS-ND decklist due to the Articuno, you could try to tech in some Exp Share from Next Destinies (if it comes out, its release is currently unconfirmed). With Exp Share, it helps you keep Energy in play, so you don't have to go boom with Electrode too many times to setup more attackers. Or, you can add in Jirachi with a Psychic Energy to complement Kyurem's spread. I'd also try to max out your Pokémon Collector count to four, since it helps to open up with a Collector. By playing Collector instead of Pichu, you can get out your Basic Pokémon without having your opponent easily get out his or her Basics as well, since as long as this deck can get an attacker and two Voltorb in play at the beginning of the game, you're fine.

This pretty much makes the decklist a very basic Coke-like list. The only difference is that it runs a higher Terrakion count for your Zekrom and Magnezone matchups. If you feel that you don't need three Terrakion, you can cut it for some other cards.

^ Going for a Grain of Sand are we?

I agree with most of what Futa said, you don't need Articuno and not running Electrode massively cuts your Energy Acceleration.
Also I don't think you need so many Babies, 2 max, and IQ is also unnecessary.

Thanks for the credit, I got the idea from The Deck Out.

I'm a distributor for the Grains of Sand, so I can't get one xP ~Futachimaru

^ I knew that...

corabed said:

I agree with most of what Futa said, you don't need Articuno and not running Electrode massively cuts your Energy Acceleration.

^ I knew that...

heh you found this, i love your deck but i forgot to put that this is for seniors and stuff i forgot . but, why is electrode worth so much? i mean i don't get it!

Jirachi said:
It seems pretty good but I think you should -1 or -2 collectors because you have pichu to help you set up. I don't think you need that many cleffas or that many energies. Instead of IQ I think that you should use a couple of cilan and that you need some PONTs. Otherwise those minor details, I think the idea is pretty good, except that you should think about a fliptini maybe, and I think you should also lower the number of fighting energies. I also think that you need more cards to draw with like N, and Professor Juniper. You might need to consider the pokemon because after Next Destinies comes out, other decks might be able to OHKO them pretty easily. I like the idea though.

i made adjustments

iisnumber12 said:
What is articuno for

i made adjustments

Futachimaru said:
I'm not seeing the idea behind Articuno. It just seems like another attacker, and it isn't really that great of an attacker at that. Plus, by replacing Articuno with Electrode, you cut down on the deck's Energy acceleration, which is vital for this deck's fast spread. Also, you lack draw support, and you are running too much Energy. Assuming you'll be running this with Electrode, you need about 16 Energy.

So, to start things off, drop the Articuno line. As stated before, it's another attacker that isn't that good, and Coke already has enough attackers. You should also take out Interviewer's Questions, since with Electrode, Interviewer's Questions is an unnecessary addition. Also, assuming the last "x4" in the Energy part is Prism Energy, you don't need Rainbow Energy, so drop that as well. I'd also drop two Fighting Energy, since 4 Fighting Energy and 4 Prism Energy is enough to allow Terrakion to attack. Three Super Rod is also too much; you only need two.

Looking at your other deck decisions, three Cleffa and two Pichu is not the way to go. Although decks such as these do have a lot of Basic Pokemon, opening up with a 30 HP Pokémon can result in an easy donk, and you rarely need more than one of each. I'd actually cut the Cleffa line down to one, and cut the Pichu altogether. With all of these changes (and if I can count), you should have taken out 18 cards.

From here, you need three Voltorb and three Electrode. With Voltorb and Electrode, you can quickly setup your Kyurem, Terrakion, or Cobalion for an attack, resulting in either a quick spread or attack lock. With three, it helps your chances of drawing into one, and you have more Electrode to use later in the game (although you shouldn't be booming more than once on a regular basis).

Your support lineup, as stated before, could use some work. Two N will only get you so far. Add in two PokeGear 3.0, four Professor Oak's New Theory, three Professor Juniper, and another N. With PokeGear, Professor Oak's New Theory, Professor Juniper, and N, you can constantly draw cards throughout the game, helping the consistency of the deck, and ultimately making sure you aren't put into a situation where you have a hand with unneeded cards.

For the last two cards, considering that this decklist is looking like an HS-ND decklist due to the Articuno, you could try to tech in some Exp Share from Next Destinies (if it comes out, its release is currently unconfirmed). With Exp Share, it helps you keep Energy in play, so you don't have to go boom with Electrode too many times to setup more attackers. Or, you can add in Jirachi with a Psychic Energy to complement Kyurem's spread. I'd also try to max out your Pokémon Collector count to four, since it helps to open up with a Collector. By playing Collector instead of Pichu, you can get out your Basic Pokémon without having your opponent easily get out his or her Basics as well, since as long as this deck can get an attacker and two Voltorb in play at the beginning of the game, you're fine.

This pretty much makes the decklist a very basic Coke-like list. The only difference is that it runs a higher Terrakion count for your Zekrom and Magnezone matchups. If you feel that you don't need three Terrakion, you can cut it for some other cards.

i made adjustments

corabed said:

^ I knew that...

i made adjustments

There is no need for so many cleffas and tyrogues. I'd cut some of the energies too. There is way too many energies. I would cut a Junk Arm and add more supporters and trainers for setting up.

Yes. This deck is really beginning to look like a CaKE deck. It is not really a TaCK any more, which is what this thread is about.

I agree. Try cutting some energies too, there are too many. It would give some room for other helpful cards.

I don't understand why you chose to run some of the cards in next destinies that do nothing for your deck, but chose not to include the cards that will do a lot for your deck.

- Interviewer's Questions
- Cilan
- Flower Shop Lady
- Tyrogue
- 2 Cleffa

Decide on which one of the big basics in the deck is the main attacker and cater the deck towards it, especially by making the count four. Keep the secondary attacker at three or even two and the tech at two. Terrakion is likely to be the tech because he's not that great in normal situations and is really there to grab revenge kills against Magnezone/Eelectrik decks. Two is usually enough.

Use Electrode, either 3-2 or 3-3 Electrode. It sounds silly to use it, but it can really speed up the deck so you can start attacking with Kyurem or Cobalion by 2nd turn. Ideally Kyurem will Glaciate at least twice (three times if you can play the cards right) before it get's knocked out, which gives you plenty of time to attach energies one at a time to your other pokemon to clean up the mess that Kyurem made. To add to the benefits, you will fall behind in prizes, which will allow you to use twins to grab those cards that you really need right at that moment, whether it be catchers, draw support, junk arm, etc.

Again, if you're going to use cards from Next Destinies, at least include the ones that will benefit your deck the most. Sample list of my changes below.

~ Pokemon - 17 ~
3 Cobalion
4 Kyurem
2 Terrakion
3-3 Electrode
1 Cleffa
1 Shaymin

~ T/S/S - 29 ~
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Catcher
4 Junk Arm
3 Eviloite
2 N
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Professor Juniper
2 Skyarrow Bridge
2 Twins

~ Energy - 14 ~
4 Water Energy
4 SP Metal
4 Prism Energy
2 Fighting Energy

Skyarrow Bridge drops the retreat cost of your basic pokemon by one colourless energy, helps things retreat for less. Prism Energy is a Rainbow Energy that only works for basic pokemon and doesn't place a damage counter on it when you play it from your hand. Twins is there to benefit from using Electrode to fall behind on prizes, as mentioned above and finally Shaymin is there to help move the energies around so you can set up your next attackers accordingly to what is going on in the game. It also helps get that surprise element when playing Terrakion as you can simply move the energies over to Terrakion in one turn rather than risk having it catchered up and knocked out before you can use it.

Electrode is not silly to use. It is one of the pokemon in CaKE. This thread is about TaCK, but I guess that the best option is just to use CaKE instead.

The energy count in this deck is too heavy (even with electrode). There also should be at least 2 switch in this deck

Jirachi said:
Electrode is not silly to use. It is one of the pokemon in CaKE. This thread is about TaCK, but I guess that the best option is just to use CaKE instead.

I said silly sounding. A lot of people are turned off from it because it can fail, gives up a prize, etc. Most have seen the results from CaKE and know that a decent deck CAN be built around it.

Well, sorry if that my post sounded like it was directed to you but I was saying that to Cobakid. Sorry about that JimboJumbo. With electrode, people usually add in super rods to help get what you lost back and twins to help you set up faster after electrode's poke power and research records to help with electrode.

JimboJumbo said:
I said silly sounding. A lot of people are turned off from it because it can fail, gives up a prize, etc. Most have seen the results from CaKE and know that a decent deck CAN be built around it.

Eelectrode could help this deck, but It wouldn't be the same deck anymore. It would be CaKE not TaCK

Back