TCG Discussion - Please Read Before Posting in this Forum!

Hope said:
Weakness and Resistance is always applied before doing damage. In your case, if Zekrom-EX does its Strong Volt on a Kyogre-EX (who has a Lightning Weakness), Kyogre-EX will take 300 damage. However, if Zekrom-EX does its Strong Volt on a Groudon-EX (who has a Lightning Resistance), Groudon-EX will only take 130 damage.

However, in your case, there are also damage modifiers that require Weakness and Resistance to be applied before that damage modifier is accounted for. Take PlusPower, for example. PlusPower adds 10 damage done to the Defending Pokémon before Weakness and Resistance is applied. So, if Zekrom-EX does its Strong Volt attack on Kyogre-EX and a PlusPower has been played, then Strong Volt will do 320 damage to Kyogre. (Of course, you can play multiple PlusPowers at once. If two PlusPower is played, then Strong Volt would do 340 damage to Kyogre.)

But, if a card or an effect reduces damage after Weakness and Resistance (excuse me on this, but I can't think of a good example off of the top of my head), then if Zekrom-EX does its Strong Volt attack on Kyogre-EX and such an effect is on Zekrom-EX or Kyogre-EX, then Zekrom's Strong Volt will only do 310 damage.

Hope, hit the nail on the head with this one . PlusPower is one boost that you will apply before weakness and resistance or else your pluspower may not do what you wanted it to based on resistance or more for that matter . Adding Weakness and Resistance standardly will always be dealt with before your attack .

( I am totally new at this and correct me if I restated this wrong . )

Hope to post more.

~ R-C

How does the attack do 300 damage? You mean it is x2 Super Effective right? If so then cool. I got the rest XD.:)

I know Kyogre does because it is Water type XD. What confuses me is the fact that Zapdos has it when it should be Rock or anything other than Electric. See why I am confused?:)

Calendar updated http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-tcg-discussion-please-read-before-posting-in-this-forum?pid=2028121#pid2028121

Seeing the Flygon on the top there reminded me, are there any internationally shipping online stores that include the Japanese box promos with a purchase of one? (Or even if Rakuten or Yahoo Japan Auctions sellers tend to include them)

Furn said:
Seeing the Flygon on the top there reminded me, are there any internationally shipping online stores that include the Japanese box promos with a purchase of one? (Or even if Rakuten or Yahoo Japan Auctions sellers tend to include them)

In all my transactions. No
I have bought from US stores, Japanese stores, and eBay from Japan. What is strange the eBay sellers have never listed the cards.

Yeah I also have never seen them sold bit of a mystery, see to us they are worth something in Japan they aren't worth as much as we think.

Solution learn japanese and move to Japan :)

omahanime said:
In all my transactions. No
I have bought from US stores, Japanese stores, and eBay from Japan. What is strange the eBay sellers have never listed the cards.

I was in Japan a week after freeze bolt/cold flare came out and bought boxes from BIC Camera, the Pokemon Center, and LABI and never got the box promo. This was about 5 days after the initial release... so its possible they run out of the box promos very quickly or only have them at select stores.

That's how a lot of the promos work there, you have to buy X item from Y store on Z date or you will never have opportunity to get it again.

I have a pretty simple question (I'm trying to work out some ratios for box/case-buying): do the Full Art cards replace the Rare spot or the RH spot in a pack? How about Secret Rare and non-FA EX? What do those replace? Thanks.

Edit- Also, how many EX's come in each box? Is it still 1 FA, 2 Regular, or did that change with Dragons Exalted? How about holos?

Celebi23 said:
I have a pretty simple question (I'm trying to work out some ratios for box/case-buying): do the Full Art cards replace the Rare spot or the RH spot in a pack? How about Secret Rare and non-FA EX? What do those replace? Thanks.

Edit- Also, how many EX's come in each box? Is it still 1 FA, 2 Regular, or did that change with Dragons Exalted? How about holos?

Full Arts, EXs, and Secret rares all come in the rare slot of a booster pack.

Right now for Dragons Exalted, it seems the first waves of booster boxes may be glitched. I was watching a box opening on Youtube, the guy pulled 3 FAs, 1 regular EX and a Shiny Reuniclus. It's hard to determine if this is the new norm, or his box was manufactured incorrectly.

Holy crap, that's a lot of good cards. Have there been any stories of the opposite, where people pull few to no ultra rares? If not, it looks like this is definitely a good set to buy boxes of. Well, except that if they don't fix the glitch there will be so many ultra rares around that their value will go down.

DRX has definitely had a solid amount of processing/manufacturing problems. People have received an overload of Ultra Rares, while some people have only received 1-2. People have even gotten boxes that contained no Reverse Holos, something that Pokemon guarantees in every pack.

How many packs is the Charizard Galactic tin supposed to have? I only got 3 packs plus Galactic's Charizard LVX. I thought it was to have 4 packs. Are you sure they did not mess me over? Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx said:
How many packs is the Charizard Galactic tin supposed to have? I only got 3 packs plus Galactic's Charizard LVX. I thought it was to have 4 packs. Are you sure they did not mess me over? Thanks XD.:)

According to Bulbapedia, it's supposed to have 4 packs. Sounds like you got a bum tin. :<

xxashxx said:

Artemis said:
According to Bulbapedia, it's supposed to have 4 packs. Sounds like you got a bum tin. :<

You should complain to the company.

Artemis said:

It says on the back of the tin that it has 3 packs. Each was from a diffrent set. The 3 tins are Charizard Garchomp or Rayquaza. The tins are the Gym Leaders or Champion Pokemon or Team Galatic Pokemon. So I guess 3 packs from these tins. 2 of the packs are from the Platinum Series and 1 was Legend Awakened XD.:)

EDIT: Can someone confirm that it is 3 or 4 packs? Have not heard back yet. Thanks XD.:)

If you bought it from a store recently, it's one of those repackged items with random old stuff in resold by third party companies.

They're started to use tins instead of quickly edited cardboard boxes lately.

WHAT?? So the tin is a fake or did they just cut corners XD? It was a regular tin though. Just had only 3 packs. I remember WPM posting a news story about these 3 tins but I don't remember when they came out though. Does anyone have a time frame to when they came out so I can check the news story again? Thanks XD.:)

So this was a real tin but not a real tin with 4 packs. When did the 3 tins come out with the Charizard Garchomp and Rayquaza? I need to know so I can check the archived news on the site. Thanks XD.:)

Back