TCG Discussion - Please Read Before Posting in this Forum!

Reverse Holos are much harder to get from the original from what I understand but I can't completely confirm that though. I know they are harder to get though but especially starter Pokemon. Those are hard either way. but I still think reverse holos are much rarer than the original though XD.:)

Few questions.

Why does Cinnccino have a regular holo at #85 in ND? I'm really confused. Is that the regular version? It appears that #85 Cinccino has a regular holo,rev holo, and a regular non holo version? Why are their 3 versions? Bulbapedia lists him as a *H. Why are some cards getting 3 versions, anyone else think this is overkill?

When did 1st edition stop in the TCG? I never see 1str edition cards anymore.

What is the easiest way to tell if a base card is shadowless?

I'm fairly sure 1st edition cards stopped when the first e-reader set came out. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Torterror said:
Few questions.

Why does Cinnccino have a regular holo at #85 in ND? I'm really confused. Is that the regular version? It appears that #85 Cinccino has a regular holo,rev holo, and a regular non holo version? Why are their 3 versions? Bulbapedia lists him as a *H. Why are some cards getting 3 versions, anyone else think this is overkill?

When did 1st edition stop in the TCG? I never see 1str edition cards anymore.

What is the easiest way to tell if a base card is shadowless?

The only cards having 3 versions is the alternate cards in decks and promos.

What set or sets is this happening on? Also unlimited set cards can have holo and reverse holo for the holo rare cards only. The rest are either reverse holo or regular XD. Wait are your cards secret rares? If they are then there is a 3rd card but only for secret rares. Some cards have the original number. Example 110/107 These cards are ultra rares but they can be holo reverse holo or regular depending and type of card or rare. If it is a secret rare there is a possible chance. Also some promo cards were reprinted holo too If there is a promo of a n already released set card you can have a holo version of the non holo card but holo only. Some box toppers were holo too. In this case you would be able to get one of the set cards holo but only if you bought a sealed display box. For example if you bought a Sealed EX Deoxys set display box you could get Camerupt holo even though in the regular set it was non-holo. That was the only way to get it holo. You could still get it reverse holo and regular too so this would be a better example to use as a 3rd card XD.:)

Yes it does. Actually every movie comes with a sealed card and when you get the Pokemon 3 movie it comes with a Promo Entei card I think. That card is sealed too XD.:)

I think by every movie, they meant every copy of the first movie, not every Pokemon movie released :p

I meant every movie XD. Pokemon Movie 7 had a sealed Deoxys. At least the VHS one did and I have Movies 1 through 3 also. I got Pokemon 2000 from a friend of mine so I am not sure what the promo was for that movie. I have it on DVD. As far as I know the movies I did get had sealed cards. Usually was sealed in plastic wrap if nothing else XD.:)

:O

Well guess who now has a Gem Mint Suicune Pokemon 4 Ever Promo :p

However, the newer movies didn't come with promos. I have the Darkrai movie and the Lucario/Mew movie, and I have no promos :/

From http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-pok%C3%A9mon-promo-cards-v-3-for-all-of-your-eng-jp-pok%C3%A9mon-tcg-promo-needs-now-with-scans?pid=1403333#pid1403333

.::Cards that you get when you buy a Pokemon Movie::.
  • 1. Pokemon: The First Movie - Mewtwo (WOTC)*
  • 2. Pokemon 2000 - Pikachu (WOTC)*
  • 3. Pokemon 3 - Unown J (WOTC)*
  • 4. Pokemon 4Ever - Suicune (WOTC)*
  • 5. Pokemon Heros - Latias/Latios
  • 6. Pokemon Jirachi: Wish Maker - Jirachi*
  • 7. Pokemon Destiny Deoxys - Deoxys (Normal version from Deoxys)
  • 8. Pokemon Lucario and the Mystery of Mew - Mew (HP Box Topper)
  • 9. Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea - ?
  • 10. Pokemon: The Rise of Darkrai - NONE Only in the Dutch Version of the DVD.
  • 11. Pokemon: Girtina and the Sky Warrior - NONE

Oh yeah forgot Unown J was P3's movie promo. I have the Theater Entei and it is a promo and I have to check to see if I still have Unown J in my binder. If I do then I have that somewhere. I never got the Pikachu promo from 2000 as I got it from a friend. Instead my friend gave me the Base Mr. Mime XD.:)

I have majority of the movie promo's still sealed like 80 of them. In the recent movies black and white the ones you get together in a DVD they give you a Common Pikachu card.

ThatPokemonCollector said:
I have majority of the movie promo's still sealed like 80 of them.

What I do not like about sealed:
  • Some sealed promos have cover cards that hide the promo
  • I have gotten Japanese promo packs, that had 3 cards to the pack.
So one side says "Keep sealed, keep perfect" the other says "I want to view the cards"

Does the Jungle 2 player gift set come with the same Jungle theme deck everytime? Or were all of the decks available?

Daelum said:
:O

Well guess who now has a Gem Mint Suicune Pokemon 4 Ever Promo :p

However, the newer movies didn't come with promos. I have the Darkrai movie and the Lucario/Mew movie, and I have no promos :/

I believe that the Darkrai Movie came with a Non-Holo Darkrai DP24 Promo.

There is also a movie (dutch only maybe) with a non-holo Celebi from HS Triumphant. I don't know which movie, I only bought the card.

Back