TCG Discussion - Please Read Before Posting in this Forum!

POP cards a mildly rare. They were mass produced to be handed out to leagues, but only produced for a limited time. Most of the cards go for $1-2, but a few can go for more. The cards that go for more are the Ultra Rares and the Legendary Pokemon cards. Most of these don't break $7, but a few can like Armaldo ex, Tyranitar ex, sometimes Celebi ex, and Umbreon & Espeon Gold Star (which go for $50+).

Are you serious? My card shop used to give out a POP 1 pack to everyone who went to the league. Because of that, I have 2 POP Tyranitar EX and a POP Armaldo EX, along with a holo Celebi EX. If those prices are still accurate then I'm lucky! :D

The gold stars are excess of $50 the ex's tend to go for about $10-$15. I have bought a Tyranitar for $12 and sold a celebi for $15. It depends but still they are very nice cards to have. The pop series 1 packs are quite rare now anyway.

Since I don't go to leagues and my Fred Meyer store had the ones I got for a limited time I should treat them as ultra rares now right? I have the POP Mew POP Tauros and the complete Eeveelution set from POP 3 and the other 2 cards were from POP 2.& 5 Since they are hard to find I should treat them as Ultra rares right? In my book I would. Just want your opinions also. Thanks XD.:)

Ok so if they are that rare I should tell my friend they are worth 2-3 holos each? Thanks XD.:)

EDIT: I have 2 POP Eevee's and one I am planning on trading away. Is it worth a regular rare or 2 regular rares or is it worth a holo?

So they are also worth holos? If they are how many holos would they be worth in a trade? Are they worth 3 holos also? See I am wondering on the rarity because technically you can only get these at POP tournaments and occasionally in stores. As hard as there were for me to get they to me are worth a whole lot more that what you guys say they are worth. These are not ordinary rares like the unlimited ones. These were only temporary sets which means they should be worth a lot more than just one holo or one regular rare right? For my Tauros I am asking 3 holos for trading it and I traded my Mew only for the Victini so a few days ago I asked my friend if he would add a holo to go with the Victini since I am finding out here that basically these are much rarer than I thought. For my Eevee I am asking 1 holo or 2 regular rares. Do you guys think that is fair trading for all 3 POP cards since I don't go to tournaments and rarely find them in stores. Also I can't buy online so that is why I am asking high trades for these 3 cards. Also is my Black star promo EX series Pikachu worth 2 holos since it came in the metal EX series tin? Oh yeah what is my movie 3 Promo Entei worth? I am trading one away since I have 2 of these. I am asking 2 holos for this also. I am just trying to find out the best trade offers you would do if you were in my situation. Thanks XD.:)

I have 2 quick questions, hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm looking into buying the early Nintendo black star promos and was wondering if they came sealed? I'm looking for #8 and #9 Mew on Ebay and have only seen it out of packaging.

My next question is about the era of the TCG. I want to beging collecting the first set of each new era of the TCG expansions.

Base is the first of it's era and D&P is the first of it's era.

Can someone post the different eras of the TCG without going into the subsets of that expansion.

Original:
Base Set
Jungle
Fossil
Base Set 2
Team Rocket
Gym Heroes
Gym Challenge

Neo:

Neo Genesis
Neo Discovery
Neo Revelation
Neo Destiny

Legendary Collection (loner?)

e-cards:

Expedition Base Set
Aquapolis
Skyridge

EX:

EX Ruby & Sapphire
EX Sandstorm
EX Dragon
EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
EX Hidden Legends
EX FireRed & LeafGreen
EX Team Rocket Returns
EX Deoxys
EX Emerald
EX Unseen Forces
EX Delta Species
EX Legend Maker
EX Holon Phantoms
EX Crystal Guardians
EX Dragon Frontiers
EX Power Keepers

DP:
Diamond & Pearl
Mysterious Treasures
Secret Wonders
Great Encounters
Majestic Dawn
Legends Awakened
Stormfront

Platinum:

Platinum
Rising Rivals
Supreme Victors
Arceus

HS:

HeartGold & SoulSilver
Unleashed
Undaunted
Triumphant

Call of Legends (loner?)

BW:

Black & White
Emerging Powers
Noble Victories
Next Destinies
Dark Explorers
Dragons Exalted (soon)

Thank you very much Glace! I appreciate that great list.

Why in the first D&P set do *H's have reverse Holo versions too? Does every single *H have a reverse parallel?

Holos have RH versions. I know they do in DP-on, pre-DP I am unsure.

From the Legendary collection set and forward you can get every set in their regular form and then you can get the whole set reverse holo. If I am not mistaken the reverse holos are a bit rarer than the original. Correct me if I am wrong but that is what I understand anyway.:)

Anyhow does anyone know how each POP card is worth? Not price wise but for example A holo Tauros from POP 2 would be worth 3 holos or is that more or less? Also would my Eevee be worth a regular rare 2 regular rares 3 regular rares or a holo? Thanks XD. I am still not sure how many rares these are worth when trading. Thanks XD.:)

Did the Pokemon League black star promos come sealed in packaging.

I'm talking about the original black star promos that started in 1999. I see the movie promos all over ebay in their packaging. I can't find any released in the league that are sealed? Where they ever even sealed or anything?

Pikachu #1 known as IVY Pikachu is the main reason i ask. Can't find it sealed.

Well some of them came sealed some didn't. I have these sealed

Celebi
Entei
Zapdos
Articuno
Moltres
Dragonite
Pikachu
Electrabuzz

Probably not XD. If you can't find it anywhere chances are it probably was not sealed. Try searching Sealed Pokemon Promo cards and see what comes up. If those don't come up then you might not be able to get them sealed XD.:)

ThatPokemonCollector said:
Well some of them came sealed some didn't. I have these sealed

Celebi
Entei
Zapdos
Articuno
Moltres
Dragonite
Pikachu
Electrabuzz

Those are all from the Movies etc.

I know they were released in packaging, not sure if the pokemon league issued promos were too.

I amnot sure when I got my promos I got them from my Friends except the Entei which I do know was packaged because I actually bought 2 blister packs at my Fred Meyer store. West Coast only and each Blister had the Entei packaged so I know Entei was packaged but I think when you went to the movies they just handed you the cards as far as I know anyway XD.:)

Torterror said:
I'm looking into buying the early Nintendo black star promos and was wondering if they came sealed? I'm looking for #8 and #9 Mew on Ebay and have only seen it out of packaging.

I do not think those Mews came in packages.

I've noticed in the B&W era some cards have regular versions and holo versions. This appears to have started with Darmanitan? Are there still rev holo versions of these guys?

http://pokebeach.com/2011/04/almost-all-black-white-tcg-set-scans

Notice how Darmanitan is shown twice?

I see a holo version, non holo, and reverse holo.

This appears to have happened again with Cinccino in ND.

Why are these pokes getting 2 diff holos and a reverse?

Back